Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Elmira vs Neumann

  1. #1
    24 Years Of EC Hockey Go EC !!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Purple Seats In The Eagles Nest
    Posts
    706

    Elmira vs Neumann

    Any thoughts on this friday's game at the domes? Sorry guy's for the thread just bored and sick sitting here. Just wanted to get some ideas for this game. I think EC needs to cut down on the GHG's this game.
    2006 ECAC WEST CHAMPS ELMIRA COLLEGE

    Here We Go EC!!

    In the Eagles Nest at the Domes

    2009 D3 College Hockey Pool Champ

  2. #2
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    I think if EC wants to get back up to the top half of the ranks, they MUST win this game (and a lot of others, too). They dropped two games to Neumann at the domes last year when it REALLY counted. Yes it's a different team, but I just think that, psychologically, Elmira's upperclassmen could really use this chance for retribution. If Elmira comes out of this with a win, I think we might see more confidence and leadership from the upperclassmen, especially Tuttle (If Tuttle gets the start, that is).
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  3. #3
    24 Years Of EC Hockey Go EC !!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Purple Seats In The Eagles Nest
    Posts
    706

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    I think if EC wants to get back up to the top half of the ranks, they MUST win this game (and a lot of others, too). They dropped two games to Neumann at the domes last year when it REALLY counted. Yes it's a different team, but I just think that, psychologically, Elmira's upperclassmen could really use this chance for retribution. If Elmira comes out of this with a win, I think we might see more confidence and leadership from the upperclassmen, especially Tuttle (If Tuttle gets the start, that is).
    I think your right this is a huge game for Elmira since after this game they are on the road till Jan.9th. And if Tuttle dont start there will be some thing said at the game
    2006 ECAC WEST CHAMPS ELMIRA COLLEGE

    Here We Go EC!!

    In the Eagles Nest at the Domes

    2009 D3 College Hockey Pool Champ

  4. #4
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,667

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Certainly a big weekend for the Soaring Eagles. They could really use four points to start off conference play strong and set-up their long road trip for the rest of the first semester.

    For the reasons you listed below Elmira could use a win over Neumann because of the sour taste that should be in the upperclassmen's mouths knowing the Knights stole the ECAC West championship right from their grasps but also a possible NCAA title.

    These two teams met each other six times last season and although the personnel has changed drastically there will be no love lost between the two sides.

    I dont think Elmira should be ranked right now and I think they are lucky to still be ranked after the Morrisville loss and almost giving away the Fredonia game. However, they can start to turn things around with a win over a good Neumann team.

    Neumann certainly isn't going to pleased after dropping three points to Utica the last two weekends so they'll be coming in guns blazing.

    EC has to be better in their own zone and tighten things up around their net and stop giving up shorties. I think EC got spoiled having a solid corp of defensemen the year they went to the Frozen Four and the year before that. Last year you could see the kinks starting to show and this year after losing Branson they are really struggling for leadership in the back end especially with Linden not off to a strong start.

    Hopefully the top line can continue to put pucks into the net and EC can get some scoring from the 2nd and 3rd lines to balance things out because Neumann was a deep team last year that rolled four lines and I'm sure coach Dawes is doing the same thing this year with all his freshman.

    Matt Ward was also the best player on the ice in the ECAC West game and the NCAA Tournament game last season. EC will need to make sure they know where he is at all times tomorrow night and make sure he isnt the one that beats them.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  5. #5
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmira_College-Fan View Post
    I think your right this is a huge game for Elmira since after this game they are on the road till Jan.9th. And if Tuttle dont start there will be some thing said at the game
    Yeah, a really tough road stretch. 3 games against ranked opponents, one game against currently-unranked MSOE, potentially (perhaps likely) ANOTHER game against #2 Oswego...

    and then they FINALLY return home... to host #3 Plattsburgh. I'll be at that game, no doubt about it. I'll do whatever I can to make sure I've got tickets to that game.

    Anyway, the moral of the story is that Elmira NEEDS these 4pts this weekend to have the confidence to succeed on that road spell.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  6. #6
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,667

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Yeah, a really tough road stretch. 3 games against ranked opponents, one game against currently-unranked MSOE, potentially (perhaps likely) ANOTHER game against #2 Oswego...

    and then they FINALLY return home... to host #3 Plattsburgh. I'll be at that game, no doubt about it. I'll do whatever I can to make sure I've got tickets to that game.

    Anyway, the moral of the story is that Elmira NEEDS these 4pts this weekend to have the confidence to succeed on that road spell.
    Want to come to the Oswego/Adrian game on Friday too?

    It'll be a heck of a hockey weekend for anyone who makes it to the Oswego/Adrian game and the Plattsburgh/Elmira game the next day.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  7. #7
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Want to come to the Oswego/Adrian game on Friday too?

    It'll be a heck of a hockey weekend for anyone who makes it to the Oswego/Adrian game and the Plattsburgh/Elmira game the next day.
    Heck Yeah! My friend and I are already discussing making it a weekend trip. I just hope we can get tickets. Both seem like they would be extremely high-demand games, and I don't want to get shut out. But then again... I only have experience purchasing tickets for games at the Staff (yes, I will admit that I have never been to a Plattsburgh road game), so I have may a negatively-biased view of DIII athletics box offices.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  8. #8
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,667

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Heck Yeah! My friend and I are already discussing making it a weekend trip. I just hope we can get tickets. Both seem like they would be extremely high-demand games, and I don't want to get shut out. But then again... I only have experience purchasing tickets for games at the Staff (yes, I will admit that I have never been to a Plattsburgh road game), so I have may a negatively-biased view of DIII athletics box offices.
    You will have NO and emphasize NO problem at either rinks.

    Oswego wouldnt even sell out if the students were there but since they aren't, it's going to be an empty campus center except townies and Plattsburgh fans hitting up the game before going down to Elmira the next day.

    I'd guess 1500 tops will be at the Adrian game.

    Elmira hasn't sold a game out since the early 90's or late 80's.

    We are lucky to get 1500 at games now and thats with students starting to come to games now. If the Jackals are in town that night with the students gone, we'll be lucky to see 1000 people at the game.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  9. #9
    24 Years Of EC Hockey Go EC !!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Purple Seats In The Eagles Nest
    Posts
    706

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Heck Yeah! My friend and I are already discussing making it a weekend trip. I just hope we can get tickets. Both seem like they would be extremely high-demand games, and I don't want to get shut out. But then again... I only have experience purchasing tickets for games at the Staff (yes, I will admit that I have never been to a Plattsburgh road game), so I have may a negatively-biased view of DIII athletics box offices.
    Iam sure you can or would be able to get tickets for the platty/EC game prob wont be close to a sell out
    2006 ECAC WEST CHAMPS ELMIRA COLLEGE

    Here We Go EC!!

    In the Eagles Nest at the Domes

    2009 D3 College Hockey Pool Champ

  10. #10
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    You will have NO and emphasize NO problem at either rinks.

    Oswego wouldnt even sell out if the students were there but since they aren't, it's going to be an empty campus center except townies and Plattsburgh fans hitting up the game before going down to Elmira the next day.

    I'd guess 1500 tops will be at the Adrian game.

    Elmira hasn't sold a game out since the early 90's or late 80's.

    We are lucky to get 1500 at games now and thats with students starting to come to games now. If the Jackals are in town that night with the students gone, we'll be lucky to see 1000 people at the game.
    Good to know! Actually, I'd totally forgotten that it was during Winter Break (despite winter break being the only reason that I CAN go).

    And it does appear that the Jackals are hosting the Everblades that night.

    Thanks!
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  11. #11
    24 Years Of EC Hockey Go EC !!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Purple Seats In The Eagles Nest
    Posts
    706

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Good to know! Actually, I'd totally forgotten that it was during Winter Break (despite winter break being the only reason that I CAN go).

    And it does appear that the Jackals are hosting the Everblades that night.

    Thanks!
    The jackals play at 7:30 i belive and the EC/Platty game starts at 4 i think so maybe people in Elmira can get to see 2 games maybe
    2006 ECAC WEST CHAMPS ELMIRA COLLEGE

    Here We Go EC!!

    In the Eagles Nest at the Domes

    2009 D3 College Hockey Pool Champ

  12. #12
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,667

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmira_College-Fan View Post
    The jackals play at 7:30 i belive and the EC/Platty game starts at 4 i think so maybe people in Elmira can get to see 2 games maybe
    Are you sure it starts at 4?

    That's odd...but with the long trip Plattsburgh has home I guess that could be right.

    Just can't remember the last time EC played a home game that didn't start at 7 or later.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  13. #13
    Rail #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Back in Da Burgh
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmira_College-Fan View Post
    The jackals play at 7:30 i belive and the EC/Platty game starts at 4 i think so maybe people in Elmira can get to see 2 games maybe
    according to the Plattsburgh schedule, the game is at 7. and as for Dereks question about Plattsburgh fans going to the Adrian/Oswego game, the only reason I'm really making the trip this year is because of the Adrian/Oswego game. it's tough to make an almost 6 hour trip for just a single hockey game. but now that that game is the same weekend it makes it worth is for us!
    Jim Reisdorf
    Standing on the Rail #59

    jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

    Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

    After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

    St. Louis is a BUM!!!!


    Go Sabres!!!

  14. #14
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Are you sure it starts at 4?

    That's odd...but with the long trip Plattsburgh has home I guess that could be right.

    Just can't remember the last time EC played a home game that didn't start at 7 or later.
    Maybe they were considering how tired all the Plattsburgh fans would be after going to the Adrian game the night before

    But in all honesty, that does make life a lot simpler for Plattsburgh townies like me.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  15. #15
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    The Elmira Athletics website says 4pm, the Plattsburgh website says 7pm... USCHO appears to have believed the home team's schedule.

    As for only making the trip because of Adrian/Oswego... I'm also an Elmira fan, so I'd be making the trip anyway... Adrian@Oswego is just an extra benefit
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  16. #16
    24 Years Of EC Hockey Go EC !!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Purple Seats In The Eagles Nest
    Posts
    706

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Are you sure it starts at 4?

    That's odd...but with the long trip Plattsburgh has home I guess that could be right.

    Just can't remember the last time EC played a home game that didn't start at 7 or later.
    Ya i belive it's 4 thats what Don H was telling.
    2006 ECAC WEST CHAMPS ELMIRA COLLEGE

    Here We Go EC!!

    In the Eagles Nest at the Domes

    2009 D3 College Hockey Pool Champ

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    This matchup can become a major rivalry like Elmira and RIT used to be. Whenever these two teams play its always a good game. This could be the game of the week and it will be an actionpacked game in the DOMES.

    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Elmira- (3-2-0)

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Horseheads,NY
    Posts
    283

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    The EC-Plattsburgh game is definitely a 4:00 start. I confirmed that with Aaron Saul. This is to cut down on late travel. I hear we will do the same thing when we go up there next year

  19. #19
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,667

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Quote Originally Posted by DH003325 View Post
    The EC-Plattsburgh game is definitely a 4:00 start. I confirmed that with Aaron Saul. This is to cut down on late travel. I hear we will do the same thing when we go up there next year
    Nice that the game is on the schedule again next year.

    Although judging from Emery's comments on Behind the Bench, I didn't expect Plattsburgh to end the series on a year they were due to host.

    Maybe 2011-2012 will be the death of this storied rivalry
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  20. #20
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: Elmira vs Neumann

    Well, I wasn't at the game, but it certainly looks as though the Eagles had a strong showing tonight. If they can keep it up tomorrow night, they should have the confidence to continue the season strong. Could this be the turning point in the EC season?
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •