Elmira vs Neumann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira vs Neumann

Any thoughts on this friday's game at the domes? Sorry guy's for the thread just bored and sick sitting here. Just wanted to get some ideas for this game. I think EC needs to cut down on the GHG's this game.
    2006 ECAC WEST CHAMPS ELMIRA COLLEGE

Here We Go EC!!

In the Eagles Nest at the Domes

2009 D3 College Hockey Pool Champ

Re: Elmira vs Neumann

I think if EC wants to get back up to the top half of the ranks, they MUST win this game (and a lot of others, too). They dropped two games to Neumann at the domes last year when it REALLY counted. Yes it's a different team, but I just think that, psychologically, Elmira's upperclassmen could really use this chance for retribution. If Elmira comes out of this with a win, I think we might see more confidence and leadership from the upperclassmen, especially Tuttle (If Tuttle gets the start, that is).
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      I think if EC wants to get back up to the top half of the ranks, they MUST win this game (and a lot of others, too). They dropped two games to Neumann at the domes last year when it REALLY counted. Yes it's a different team, but I just think that, psychologically, Elmira's upperclassmen could really use this chance for retribution. If Elmira comes out of this with a win, I think we might see more confidence and leadership from the upperclassmen, especially Tuttle (If Tuttle gets the start, that is).
      I think your right this is a huge game for Elmira since after this game they are on the road till Jan.9th. And if Tuttle dont start there will be some thing said at the game

Here We Go EC!!

Comment

Certainly a big weekend for the Soaring Eagles. They could really use four points to start off conference play strong and set-up their long road trip for the rest of the first semester.

For the reasons you listed below Elmira could use a win over Neumann because of the sour taste that should be in the upperclassmen's mouths knowing the Knights stole the ECAC West championship right from their grasps but also a possible NCAA title.

These two teams met each other six times last season and although the personnel has changed drastically there will be no love lost between the two sides.

I dont think Elmira should be ranked right now and I think they are lucky to still be ranked after the Morrisville loss and almost giving away the Fredonia game. However, they can start to turn things around with a win over a good Neumann team.

Neumann certainly isn't going to pleased after dropping three points to Utica the last two weekends so they'll be coming in guns blazing.

EC has to be better in their own zone and tighten things up around their net and stop giving up shorties. I think EC got spoiled having a solid corp of defensemen the year they went to the Frozen Four and the year before that. Last year you could see the kinks starting to show and this year after losing Branson they are really struggling for leadership in the back end especially with Linden not off to a strong start.

Hopefully the top line can continue to put pucks into the net and EC can get some scoring from the 2nd and 3rd lines to balance things out because Neumann was a deep team last year that rolled four lines and I'm sure coach Dawes is doing the same thing this year with all his freshman.

Matt Ward was also the best player on the ice in the ECAC West game and the NCAA Tournament game last season. EC will need to make sure they know where he is at all times tomorrow night and make sure he isnt the one that beats them.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Elmira_College-Fan View Post
          I think your right this is a huge game for Elmira since after this game they are on the road till Jan.9th. And if Tuttle dont start there will be some thing said at the game
          Yeah, a really tough road stretch. 3 games against ranked opponents, one game against currently-unranked MSOE, potentially (perhaps likely) ANOTHER game against #2 Oswego...

and then they FINALLY return home... to host #3 Plattsburgh. I'll be at that game, no doubt about it. I'll do whatever I can to make sure I've got tickets to that game.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that Elmira NEEDS these 4pts this weekend to have the confidence to succeed on that road spell.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Yeah, a really tough road stretch. 3 games against ranked opponents, one game against currently-unranked MSOE, potentially (perhaps likely) ANOTHER game against #2 Oswego...

and then they FINALLY return home... to host #3 Plattsburgh. I'll be at that game, no doubt about it. I'll do whatever I can to make sure I've got tickets to that game.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that Elmira NEEDS these 4pts this weekend to have the confidence to succeed on that road spell.
            Want to come to the Oswego/Adrian game on Friday too?

It'll be a heck of a hockey weekend for anyone who makes it to the Oswego/Adrian game and the Plattsburgh/Elmira game the next day.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Want to come to the Oswego/Adrian game on Friday too?

It'll be a heck of a hockey weekend for anyone who makes it to the Oswego/Adrian game and the Plattsburgh/Elmira game the next day.
              Heck Yeah! My friend and I are already discussing making it a weekend trip. I just hope we can get tickets. Both seem like they would be extremely high-demand games, and I don't want to get shut out. But then again... I only have experience purchasing tickets for games at the Staff (yes, I will admit that I have never been to a Plattsburgh road game), so I have may a negatively-biased view of DIII athletics box offices.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Heck Yeah! My friend and I are already discussing making it a weekend trip. I just hope we can get tickets. Both seem like they would be extremely high-demand games, and I don't want to get shut out. But then again... I only have experience purchasing tickets for games at the Staff (yes, I will admit that I have never been to a Plattsburgh road game), so I have may a negatively-biased view of DIII athletics box offices.
                You will have NO and emphasize NO problem at either rinks.

Oswego wouldnt even sell out if the students were there but since they aren't, it's going to be an empty campus center except townies and Plattsburgh fans hitting up the game before going down to Elmira the next day.

I'd guess 1500 tops will be at the Adrian game.

Elmira hasn't sold a game out since the early 90's or late 80's.

We are lucky to get 1500 at games now and thats with students starting to come to games now. If the Jackals are in town that night with the students gone, we'll be lucky to see 1000 people at the game.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Iam sure you can or would be able to get tickets for the platty/EC game prob wont be close to a sell out

Here We Go EC!!

Comment

You will have NO and emphasize NO problem at either rinks.

Oswego wouldnt even sell out if the students were there but since they aren't, it's going to be an empty campus center except townies and Plattsburgh fans hitting up the game before going down to Elmira the next day.

I'd guess 1500 tops will be at the Adrian game.

Elmira hasn't sold a game out since the early 90's or late 80's.

We are lucky to get 1500 at games now and thats with students starting to come to games now. If the Jackals are in town that night with the students gone, we'll be lucky to see 1000 people at the game.
                    Good to know! Actually, I'd totally forgotten that it was during Winter Break (despite winter break being the only reason that I CAN go).

And it does appear that the Jackals are hosting the Everblades that night.

Thanks!
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Good to know! Actually, I'd totally forgotten that it was during Winter Break (despite winter break being the only reason that I CAN go).

And it does appear that the Jackals are hosting the Everblades that night.

Thanks!
                      The jackals play at 7:30 i belive and the EC/Platty game starts at 4 i think so maybe people in Elmira can get to see 2 games maybe

Here We Go EC!!

Comment

The jackals play at 7:30 i belive and the EC/Platty game starts at 4 i think so maybe people in Elmira can get to see 2 games maybe
                        Are you sure it starts at 4?

That's odd...but with the long trip Plattsburgh has home I guess that could be right.

Just can't remember the last time EC played a home game that didn't start at 7 or later.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

according to the Plattsburgh schedule, the game is at 7. and as for Dereks question about Plattsburgh fans going to the Adrian/Oswego game, the only reason I'm really making the trip this year is because of the Adrian/Oswego game. it's tough to make an almost 6 hour trip for just a single hockey game. but now that that game is the same weekend it makes it worth is for us!
                          Jim Reisdorf
                          Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Are you sure it starts at 4?

That's odd...but with the long trip Plattsburgh has home I guess that could be right.

Just can't remember the last time EC played a home game that didn't start at 7 or later.
                            Maybe they were considering how tired all the Plattsburgh fans would be after going to the Adrian game the night before

But in all honesty, that does make life a lot simpler for Plattsburgh townies like me.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

The Elmira Athletics website says 4pm, the Plattsburgh website says 7pm... USCHO appears to have believed the home team's schedule.

As for only making the trip because of Adrian/Oswego... I'm also an Elmira fan, so I'd be making the trip anyway... Adrian@Oswego is just an extra benefit
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Working...
                              X