Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale @ RPI, 11/06

Getting ready to sign on with B2TV. We should learn a great deal about
    the Bulldogs this weekend; trite as it may sound, we have to take this season
    one game at a time...... one period at a time. 100% EVERY shift.REMEMBER,
    in this league, "on any given night.........". Get after it, guys!!!!

Re: Yale @ RPI, 11/06

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=86259
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Odd game-Yale had the best of the play and controlled the puck perhaps as much as 75% of the time. York stood tall in goal and RPI now has an offense that can take advantage of any openings. Final 5-2 RPI and we continue to stay unbeaten on Black Friday!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Congrats on a well-played, and a much deserved win! RPI is young,
        very poised, and opportunistic. The frosh line neutralized our big guns in a way
        I haven't seen in a long time. Well, we laid an egg in LATE November last year AT HOME against U of Alabama Huntsville..... and bounced back Big Time. I am
        confident that Keith will have them ready tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Odd game-Yale had the best of the play and controlled the puck perhaps as much as 75% of the time. York stood tall in goal and RPI now has an offense that can take advantage of any openings. Final 5-2 RPI and we continue to stay unbeaten on Black Friday!!
          Not sure about the 75% Doc..especially since RPI had Yale on their heels for the first ten minutes of the game. That stretch of offense was as exciting as any I've witnessed at HFH in quite some time.

The bottom line for me tonight was that RPI answered the bell every time Yale challenged. The were not phased by Yale and the Engineers came out ready to play. Yale ties it at two and RPi scored a few minutes later to take the lead for good.

What really impressed me was after the final horn, Austin Smith taking Yale's Mason aside and letting him know what he thought about the cheap shots Mason was laying (and allowed to get away with)...including leaving his feet to hit one of our guys who was in mid-fall behind the net. No punches thrown -- just Smith right up in Mason's grill giving him a dress down.

That in a nutshell, sums up the tenacity level of RPI tonight.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Not sure about the 75% Doc..especially since RPI had Yale on their heels for the first ten minutes of the game. That stretch of offense was as exciting as any I've witnessed at HFH in quite some time.

The bottom line for me tonight was that RPI answered the bell every time Yale challenged. The were not phased by Yale and the Engineers came out ready to play. Yale ties it at two and RPi scored a few minutes later to take the lead for good.

What really impressed me was after the final horn, Austin Smith taking Yale's Mason aside and letting him know what he thought about the cheap shots Mason was laying (and allowed to get away with)...including leaving his feet to hit one of our guys who was in mid-fall behind the net. No punches thrown -- just Smith right up in Mason's grill giving him a dress down.

That in a nutshell, sums up the tenacity level of RPI tonight.
            Watched tonight-we had some wonderful moments-some great chances. But defensively we just could not clear our zone for minutes at a time. There were long stretches where yale just played with the puck in our end and had numerous chances-few that they were able to cash in. York made some very tough saves but left some juicy rebounds. Our defense will need to be able to move out of the zone or clear the puck out faster if we are to repeat this success. Perhaps 75% was a bit high-but it sure seemed that way at times.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Watched tonight-we had some wonderful moments-some great chances. But defensively we just could not clear our zone for minutes at a time. There were long stretches where yale just played with the puck in our end and had numerous chances-few that they were able to cash in. York made some very tough saves but left some juicy rebounds. Our defense will need to be able to move out of the zone or clear the puck out faster if we are to repeat this success. Perhaps 75% was a bit high-but it sure seemed that way at times.
              I still have to throw the flag on you tonight Doc. Your team just soundly beat the preseason favorite and the defending league champs. You've got to do better than 1/2 empty...sorry. Sure there is always room for improvement, but if you can't enjoy this win, there's no hope.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I still have to throw the flag on you tonight Doc. Your team just soundly beat the preseason favorite and the defending league champs. You've got to do better than 1/2 empty...sorry. Sure there is always room for improvement, but if you can't enjoy this win, there's no hope.
                Agree! Tonight we celebrate!

Comment

Working...
                X