Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
    Stewie starting really worries me. He hasn't looked like himself early this season and I think a little time on the bench to collect himself and get back to form might be needed. I think this is a very questionable decision by Walt. Also Cherichawan needs to be inactive for this weekend to send a message. His stupid penalties are killing NMU and we're better off with him sitting than racking up 5 min. penalties
    I think you need Chewy in your lineup, even moreso with the offense struggling. All systems go-type of situation. But, Im sure he has been talked to about his 5, 10 minute penalties. Though, to be fair...I dont think the check from behind warrented a 5, and a 10. But, whats done is done. I like his intensity out there.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      I guess Stewie is the starter this weekend...I wonder how short that leash will be.

Understatment of the year: The 'Cats need to get in the lead early and on the board FIRST.
      Wow, I was positive that Ellingson would start after his outing against Miami this past Saturday. Stewie, I'm almost positive, will be on a short leash.
      www.catchattv.org - The UP's #1 sports show

Comment

I think you need Chewy in your lineup, even moreso with the offense struggling. All systems go-type of situation. But, Im sure he has been talked to about his 5, 10 minute penalties. Though, to be fair...I dont think the check from behind warrented a 5, and a 10. But, whats done is done. I like his intensity out there.
        I like Chewy alot, but right now he is playing very undisciplined. I'm not complaining about the check from behind, those happen at times. I was more ****ed about his penalty for grabbing the face mask during the Miami series. That type of penalty is inexcusable and and can really hurt the team. He's a good player, but sitting him would send a message to the rest of the team that stupid 5-min penalties after the whistle will not be tolerated. It's early enough in the season that this message can be sent, even if it means potentially not putting your strongest team on the ice for one night.

Comment

I like Chewy alot, but right now he is playing very undisciplined. I'm not complaining about the check from behind, those happen at times. I was more ****ed about his penalty for grabbing the face mask during the Miami series. That type of penalty is inexcusable and and can really hurt the team. He's a good player, but sitting him would send a message to the rest of the team that stupid 5-min penalties after the whistle will not be tolerated. It's early enough in the season that this message can be sent, even if it means potentially not putting your strongest team on the ice for one night.
          Just wondering...

Would you rather send a message? or Win a game?

I mean, you really cant call for firing the coach when you yourself say you'd rather send a message than put your best lineup out there.

We could be 1-5-1 after tonight, but boy...those Wildcats sure got the message. This team knows whats going on right now. The only message that Walt should be sending is putting his faith behind this team and putting the best lineup out there, so we can pick up 6 points this weekend.

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Just wondering...

I mean, you really cant call for firing the coach when you yourself say you'd rather send a message than put your best lineup out there.

We could be 1-5-1 after tonight, but boy...those Wildcats sure got the message. This team knows whats going on right now. The only message that Walt should be sending is putting his faith behind this team and putting the best lineup out there, so we can pick up 6 points this weekend.
            I know I'd rather us pick up the 6 points this weekend, rather than send a message. Yeah, those penalties Cherniwchan took against Miami were stupid, but the emotion he brings to the game is needed against Ohio.

Comment

Just wondering...

I'd like to send a message and win the game. Honestly, I think the team can win without Chewy, it's not like he's been an unstoppable force this year. I think the benefit of sending a message is that it could win you a few games down the road. I too hope that we will be picking up 6 points this weekend, but I would rather send a message now than have a player pick up a stupid 5 minute major in a game in the playoffs.

Comment

I'd like to send a message and win the game. Honestly, I think the team can win without Chewy, it's not like he's been an unstoppable force this year. I think the benefit of sending a message is that it could win you a few games down the road. I too hope that we will be picking up 6 points this weekend, but I would rather send a message now than have a player pick up a stupid 5 minute major in a game in the playoffs.
                Idk if you were at the game or not, but Chewey wasn't even the one who took the helmet off the miami player. He just got caught throwing it. So, it was a bad break for chewy. The hits from behind are inexcusable, but I dont think a message needs to be sent yet.

Comment

Originally posted by aceman5434 View Post
                  Idk if you were at the game or not, but Chewey wasn't even the one who took the helmet off the miami player. He just got caught throwing it. So, it was a bad break for chewy. The hits from behind are inexcusable, but I dont think a message needs to be sent yet.
                  I watched the game on B2. It was stupid of Chewey to throw the helmet. It was uncalled for and shouldn't have been done. He's had what 3? (2?) 5 minute penalties already this season? Most players don't have that many in a whole year. It's one thing to play the game with a fire and a passion, it's another thing to get carried away and get stupid penalties. I think right now is the time for a message to be sent. tOSU is 2-5-1, I think the Cats can matchup with them without Chewy (assuming other players step up and play how we all know they can).

Comment

1. Sitting is not the only way to send a message. Find a place with a lot of stairs. Climb. Repeat.

2. If it comes down to winning or discipline, I'll choose discipline every time. These are young men first and hockey players second. You have to know your actions will have consequences, whatever they be. The team has more eyes on the ice and better video than any of us and I'm sure they've looked at each penalty and decided if that's something that needs to be addressed.
                    Embrace the hate.

Comment

• Re: OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                      1. Sitting is not the only way to send a message. Find a place with a lot of stairs. Climb. Repeat.

2. If it comes down to winning or discipline, I'll choose discipline every time. These are young men first and hockey players second. You have to know your actions will have consequences, whatever they be. The team has more eyes on the ice and better video than any of us and I'm sure they've looked at each penalty and decided if that's something that needs to be addressed.
                      I agree with you on both points. I kind of let myself slip into a one track-mind that there was only one way for the message that the undicisplined play was not acceptable. Let's hope that the team can pick up some points tonight

Comment

NMU wins 1-0...Olver scores the only goal. Ellingson gets the shutout, and makes a statement for being the #1 goaltender. Chewie is named "Hardest Working Player" of the game tonight.

Comment

I agree with you on both points. I kind of let myself slip into a one track-mind that there was only one way for the message that the undicisplined play was not acceptable. Let's hope that the team can pick up some points tonight
                          Chewy wins the "Hardest Working" player of the game.

Born a Black Bear

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

A huge win for the boys! Congrats to Ellingson on his 1st college shutout. Now lets work on finishing on our offensive chances.

Comment

Congrats to Ellingson!
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Have we found a new starting goalie? I think so!

Have we possibly turned this season around? I think so!

Go Cats!
                                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X