OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Watching Ohio State vs. LSSU, I wasn't impressed with them either game. They split their goalies having a little more luck with Heeter so far this year.

Albert and Sims are doing well offensively but neither one had huge weekends vs. LSSU. I say move the games to the Ice Rink and fill the place.
    Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
      you dont like us miami folk anymore? sad face.
      Oh, I do. It was a good series. See you again in the playoffs
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

******* width="445" height="364">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpQnVUtthYU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpQnVUtthYU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          Go for it.

Also, those of you who choose to feed the trolls known as bwk and Billy Blanks, please do not quote them as those of us who put them on ignore don't want to see what they spewed this time.
          Censorship? You must be an Obama supporter!!! How childish for those attempting to silence a voice of opposition. This is very dangerous thinking. Heck, at least we're not talking about the **** band this year, yet!!!

There is no reason to question those who are questioning NMU's results thus far into the season. Apparently Coach Kyle is doing the same at the moment and has only mentioned one player thus far by name (Brian Stewart). There are many others who are performing poorly as well. Just look at the stat sheets. Where is the depth and experienced talent on this team? Send out a APB for those who wish to remain anonymous.

NMU needs to be judged by results and the recent trend is really hard to stomach. It was mentioned best that they really need a win this weekend to get the monkey off of their backs. More like a 800 pound gorilla!!!

While it is way too early to give up hope, each and every lost opportunity is indicating that this season could be more of the same. Detroit will be visited as usual, just not on the weekend we all held out hope for this year if they don't start winning soon.

We cannot stand for more excuses as NMU is already 1-3-1 against expected teams under consideration (TUC). It will only get harder trying to get back into contention if success isn't achieved over these next two weeks.

It is time for the players to step up and be not afraid of making mistakes but of continued failure. I hope this doesn't sit well with them and they challenge one another to reach another level...first to last shift and everything in between. Effort, hustle and a physical effort are what is expected.

I know they can do it. We all have witnessed it. It is completely in the players hands to control their own destiny and I hope they want it as badly as many of us do!!!

Go Cats Go!!! Kick'em in the Buckeye!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
            Censorship? You must be an Obama supporter!!! How childish for those attempting to silence a voice of opposition. This is very dangerous thinking. Heck, at least we're not talking about the **** band this year, yet!!!

There is no reason to question those who are questioning NMU's results thus far into the season. Apparently Coach Kyle is doing the same at the moment and has only mentioned one player thus far by name (Brian Stewart). There are many others who are performing poorly as well. Just look at the stat sheets. Where is the depth and experienced talent on this team? Send out a APB for those who wish to remain anonymous.

NMU needs to be judged by results and the recent trend is really hard to stomach. It was mentioned best that they really need a win this weekend to get the monkey off of their backs. More like a 800 pound gorilla!!!

While it is way too early to give up hope, each and every lost opportunity is indicating that this season could be more of the same. Detroit will be visited as usual, just not on the weekend we all held out hope for this year if they don't start winning soon.

We cannot stand for more excuses as NMU is already 1-3-1 against expected teams under consideration (TUC). It will only get harder trying to get back into contention if success isn't achieved over these next two weeks.

It is time for the players to step up and be not afraid of making mistakes but of continued failure. I hope this doesn't sit well with them and they challenge one another to reach another level...first to last shift and everything in between. Effort, hustle and a physical effort are what is expected.

I know they can do it. We all have witnessed it. It is completely in the players hands to control their own destiny and I hope they want it as badly as many of us do!!!

Go Cats Go!!! Kick'em in the Buckeye!!!
            Please check your rep. Thank you.
            Always a Wildcat...
            Originally posted by Kepler
            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

There is no silencing going on here. She simply would prefer not having to read their opinions. They are just as free to post them as they ever were.

NMU needs a little more help on offense from their D-men. Thinking back to this past weekend I remember a lot of shots from D-men that got blocked straight back or were well wide. A few more shots that make it through traffic could really improve the number of scoring chances.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

That is a great point along with missing Lindemulder this year.

Comment

Coach has mentioned several players by name in pre and post game interviews. Stewie is the name that got printed in the paper. He may have mentioned others that were not included in the story due to space constraints.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Coach has mentioned several players by name in pre and post game interviews. Stewie is the name that got printed in the paper. He may have mentioned others that were not included in the story due to space constraints.
                    I think it also spoke volume when Walt sent Olver to the box to serve Chewy's 5 min major for "ripping the facemask."

Usually you will see the third/fourth line players sitting in there. I think that sent a message to Olver.

I also read a post game (not sure where) and Walt listed a few players by name. I dont want to throw out the names because Im not sure 100% who they were, but I was also surprised to read that strong of a quote from Walt.

I really feel that the third period vs. Maimi on Friday was like the come back win vs. Wisconsin which pushed them to 16 wins in 2009. Granted, they didnt win Saturday night, but that was the best team play put forth by the 'Cats and I really do feel that if this wasnt against Miami, it would have been a W for Northern. I'd say the team played 55 minutes, not where we want to be...but its an improvement.

Born a Black Bear
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                      There is no silencing going on here. She simply would prefer not having to read their opinions. They are just as free to post them as they ever were.

It reminds me of a little kid putting their fingers in their ears and screaming, "la la la la, I can't hear you." A truly adult way of dealing with someone whose opinion you disagree with.

Comment

I think it sucks that Lindemulder left the team, he seemed to have a bright future here. However, do you really think his departure made that huge of a difference this year?

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                          It reminds me of a little kid putting their fingers in their ears and screaming, "la la la la, I can't hear you." A truly adult way of dealing with someone whose opinion you disagree with.
                          Sounds like Sarah Palin

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                          I think it sucks that Lindemulder left the team, he seemed to have a bright future here. However, do you really think his departure made that huge of a difference this year?
                          I think McCauley and Fullmer have shown a lot of potential this season. Fullmer has the ability to take the body and has some offensive upside. Plus, he has proven he can keep the puck in the zone many times.

Born a Black Bear

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            Sounds like Sarah Palin
                            :::Rim shot:::

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post

I think McCauley and Fullmer have shown a lot of potential this season. Fullmer has the ability to take the body and has some offensive upside. Plus, he has proven he can keep the puck in the zone many times.
                            In my mind, Fullmer is currently the best freshman on the team. In the two games I've watched this season, he seems like a real team player.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              Oh, I do. It was a good series. See you again in the playoffs
                              No no we don't want to see you in the playoffs...because we have seen that song and dance before and I personally am tired of losing to you guys in march....
                              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Hey we going to have more wonderful predictions from you this week too? lol
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X