Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I find this transfer pretty funny. He apparently doesn't realize that St. Cloud is the state's party school, thats where you go if you don't care about how bad your education is and you just want to drink. But yet, the parties at St. Cloud aren't good enough?

(before people attack me, I realize that there are some people that go to St. Cloud to actually go to school and not just to party)
    AFAIK, SCSU is and has been the #1 party school in MN for the last two decades. stb is smokin' the crack again.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      I'm supposed to say smart things on this board?
      Since when?

You're not supposed to, but it does happen from time to time. I'm surprised you actually came through for once.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The fact that I got my fake taken away and can no longer enjoy the luxuries of the bar scene makes the fun difficult when all the non-21 yr olds don't party and go home every weekend.

Also, I don't like being an hour away from everything of interest besides a once-every two week college hockey game.
        Even when I did the bars, McRudy's was the only one I really liked, and that was because of the dance floor and club-feel to it, which is the warehouse district of Minneapolis.

I would still be a Huskies fan if I transfered.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
          The fact that I got my fake taken away and can no longer enjoy the luxuries of the bar scene makes the fun difficult when all the non-21 yr olds don't party and go home every weekend.

Also, I don't like being an hour away from everything of interest besides a once-every two week college hockey game.
          Even when I did the bars, McRudy's was the only one I really liked, and that was because of the dance floor and club-feel to it, which is the warehouse district of Minneapolis.

I would still be a Huskies fan if I transfered.
          You are so ********, it makes me almost not make fun of you, because of me not wanting to pick on retards.

Comment

SCSU is a pretty big party school, but I have always felt that Mankato is as well. The bars per capita in that town is staggering. Plus, 80% of them are shoved into a three or four block section.

The arena, two hotels, and a titty bar are roughly 50 feet from one another. It is simply the best city planning I have ever seen.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Early Monday morning, week of SCSU/UMD, talk of party school and drinking, Vals, which town is worse, Polaris jackets; just about what I expected to read on the boards. However, was not expecting to be able to read through the thread so quickly with only 3 pages? Have people gotten banned already and posts deleted

Should be a good weekend of hockey, getting the WCHA season started for the Huskies at home, and hopefully competing at a higher level of play.

The student crowd will be low this weekend, as the campus is closed for Fall Break and all the students away on break. STB will be all by himself...
              "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                SCSU is a pretty big party school, but I have always felt that Mankato is as well. The bars per capita in that town is staggering. Plus, 80% of them are shoved into a three or four block section.

The arena, two hotels, and a titty bar are roughly 50 feet from one another. It is simply the best city planning I have ever seen.
                You've never been to Menomonie, WI. As of about 5 years ago, they had the highest bar per capita ratio in the nation, not including the college population. It's really *ing awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  You are so ********, it makes me almost not make fun of you, because of me not wanting to pick on retards.
                  Clever, I could rip on you too, all I have to do is go to the real life-pics thread or whatever.

Comment

Clever, I could rip on you too, all I have to do is go to the real life-pics thread or whatever.
                    I could pop a collar and still out-class you. Just sayin'.

But honestly if you are thinking of transferring simply because of the party scene? Are you that *ing stupid? I'm not saying SCSU is a smart school, but to use drinking as a standard...that's just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I could pop a collar and still out-class you. Just sayin'.

But honestly if you are thinking of transferring simply because of the party scene? Are you that *ing stupid? I'm not saying SCSU is a smart school, but to use drinking as a standard...that's just sad.
                      No, that's a small part of it. I am just bored here, and I find myself driving to the cities a lot. Why not move to like Roseville where I can get the same type of education at the U, and not feel like I am in the middle of no where? Plus if I end up doing law school, it's going to be down in that area anyways.

Comment

No, that's a small part of it. I am just bored here, and I find myself driving to the cities a lot. Why not move to like Roseville where I can get the same type of education at the U, and not feel like I am in the middle of no where? Plus if I end up doing law school, it's going to be down in that area anyways.
                        JFC don't tell me you are starting to get smart?! That could ruin my entire opinion of you! Well, maybe not, but there's a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
                          Not feeling too confident about this team after last weekend, but I'll be optimistic and go for a split.
                          I always wondered what name Dahl posted under, now I know...

And stb, Ian is making bread here with Liz, but he probably wants to go to Detroit.

Is this series on Charter in Duluth??? During the Mankato-tUMD Charter broadcast, they kept referring to the Bucky-Landcows tilt on Charter. And that was tUMD broadcasters Fleish-Judd.
                          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Is this some kind of hook to see how many hilarious responses you can reel in? If it is, it is one of the best baits I have ever seen used. Otherwise, if you said this in all sincerity.....doing what at law school? Using your prior work experience to get a job in food services?

Comment

Last year St. Cloud had a good party scene, but that was last year, this year it's dead.

The University and police force honestly think that not letting kids party is going to help the school? Umm, I am probably transfering out of this boring *** town partially because of that.

This weekend will be a dog fight, I don't expect much from St. Cloud, I would be happy with a split. At least I'll have a hot date one of the nights.
                              The party scene isn't good enough? you are not even 21 yet, did they stop letting you in the bars downtown? St. Cloud has always had a old school college town party scene. If you want a hip hop club night life go to the "U" or one of the private schools in the cities and party with tons of non-students downtown.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

If I stay in state, the U, I enjoy downtown Minneapolis and being able to get wherever I want to go in 20 minutes or less.
                                LOL! I didn't even see you wrote this before I posted last time.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X