Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

Michigan Tech begins its climb out of the WCHA basement by opening its conference schedule at Colorado College.

I'm probably coming down for this one - any advice on lodging in the area?
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24,

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Michigan Tech begins its climb out of the WCHA basement by opening its conference schedule at Colorado College.

******* width="1" height="1">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70L7ssscQlI&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70L7ssscQlI&hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1">
    Go to Peterson Air Force Base, jump the fence, you'll get lodging.
    Last edited by Flashy Man; 10-18-2009, 06:59 PM.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24,

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      Go to Peterson Air Force Base, jump the fence, you'll get lodging.
      With a roommate named Bubba.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Really depends on your budget, but there are a few hotels very close.

I have stayed at this LaQuinta and it is awesome, especially for the price. It's one that is right across the parking lot: http://www.hotels.com/hotel_la-quint...rt_140991.html

There are a few others right in the same area, too.
        Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
        -dggoddard

Comment

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

We're too good for the basement? Are we also too **** for this shirt? I was very optimistic following my predicted domination of NMU, but all it took was that ****tastic game against LSSU to make me doubt again, when we come away from this weekend with 3 points I'll believe that someone has waken up and decided that games like last Sunday are unacceptable
          @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
          I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Re: We're Too Good for the Basement - Michigan Tech at Colorado College, Oct. 23-24, 2009

Glad to hear you're going, Twitch. The World Arena is neat-like! How long will your commute be to Colorado Springs? I hope there will be other loud Tech fans there too!

Let's go Tech!
            Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
              We're too good for the basement? Are we also too **** for this shirt? I was very optimistic following my predicted domination of NMU, but all it took was that ****tastic game against LSSU to make me doubt again, when we come away from this weekend with 3 points I'll believe that someone has waken up and decided that games like last Sunday are unacceptable
              Fans are so... fragile. Predicting the whole season based on one game!

It's much easier to have rock-bottom expectations... then you're never disapointed.
              Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

I came up to Houghton last year for games and Carnival
                Fun

LaQuinta is a good choice
                others in immediate area are:
                Fairfield Inn
                Doubletree
                Crown Plaza
                Residence Inn South

Downtown is just 6 miles away

Carrabas and Outback walking distance from hotels and World Arena

http://www.hotels.com/processIndexSe...0&refined=true
                Last edited by gmf1a; 10-18-2009, 12:50 PM.
                ---------------------------
                "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                  Glad to hear you're going, Twitch. The World Arena is neat-like! How long will your commute be to Colorado Springs? I hope there will be other loud Tech fans there too!

Let's go Tech!
                  Only 150 miles or so.

Comment

I went to the Springs for a wedding a while back and I remember there being several suitable hotels (and a nice nature park) on Garden of the Gods Road. There was also a really good brew-pub downtown where the rehearsal dinner. Can't remember the name, though. Also a really good Mexican place called Jose Muldoon's, I think.
                    Originally posted by Jon
                    You call everything.

Comment

CC did better than expected against Wisconsin.

I sure hope Tech plays with desperation. It sure would be nice to get off to a good start in the WCHA.

It will take a good effort and a lot of offense to beat CC.

Comment

If you want to stay by the arena any of the previously mentioned are fine. There is a movie theater and a couple restaraunts right there, pretty much anything else you have to drive to. If you wanted to be closer to a better night life the Antlers Hilton is right downtown and walking distance to many bars but the arena would require a drive. Phantom Canyon is the brew-pub that was mentioned and is across the street from the Antlers.

Comment

Have stayed at both the LaQuinta and Fairfield for hockey games both are fine.

Ask for the Government Employee discount, haven't had to show orders in years.

The team has stayed at the Doubletree in the past and will probably this year. too.

If you are not getting comp tickets from MTU get your dicount tickets at the Alumni site at the Tech website. You don't have to go to the dinner if you don't want too, but you will meet folks.

See you at the games.

Comment

If Tech can come out with anything resembling the intensity they had for the NMU game, this will be a good series. A split sounds about right.
                            Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Tech Sweeps.

Yeah I said it.
                              Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                              *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Working...
                              X