Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-2010 Polls thread

USA Hockey Women's Pre-Season Poll
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: 2009-2010 Polls thread

Wow! They took their final 2008 - 2009 rankings and shook them right up
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
      Wow! They took their final 2008 - 2009 rankings and shook them right up
      Trying to figure this out but was there a note of sarcasm in your voice?

Polls mean nothing right now. In my eyes, who cares who is where. Nobody ever won the National Championship in September.
      "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
        Trying to figure this out but was there a note of sarcasm in your voice?

Polls mean nothing right now. In my eyes, who cares who is where. Nobody ever won the National Championship in September.
        Thus the multiple eye roll
        Second on the list of reasons not to hold yer breath are early season line and D pairings
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Thus the multiple eye roll
          Second on the list of reasons not to hold yer breath are early season line and D pairings
          Isn't the third reason basically because they haven't played the games yet?

Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

They took their final 2008 - 2009 rankings and shook them right up
            I can see the top two, but not #3 and #4. Those two teams are going to look entirely different than they did last season. In the meantime, the bottom of the WCHA has improved, and I expect that there won't be a lot of separation between the league's 3rd place and 8th place teams. Thus, it won't be likely that they'll get 3 teams into the top 4 in the national rankings once play gets going. I'd move both Clarkson and SCSU higher if I was voting.

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
            Nobody ever won the National Championship in September.
            It is possible, but it would require about 5 months worth of OT cumulatively in the NCAA games.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

First thought I had looking at the poll was that this pre-season poll has the biggest potential to be out of wack, or inaccurate as any in the past...or as any pre-season poll in my recent, depleted memory. A number of teams in the poll are pretty drastically changed from last season...I don't know how, or if you can make an accurate or credible ranking based on the teams prior season.

In other words, it seems to me there may be much more pure guess work present than many prior pre-season polls.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                Isn't the third reason basically because they haven't played the games yet?

B - I - N - G - O

There are so many teams (especially in the prior season's top 10) that have been forced either by graduation, centralization, or attrition for whatever reason, to "rebuild". I think this is going to be the year of the team that is able to bond, adjust, learn, and develop.

More than any other year I can think of, this will be the year of the finisher.

Comment

2009-2010 Polls Thread

The first USCHO women's poll is out.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1w&week=poll

Mercyhurst opens at No. 1, edging out Minnesota. Clarkson posts big gains, pretty much swapping places with BC (now out of the rankings). North Dakota still on the brink of the top 10 despite the split at Wisconsin.

There was no USCHO preseason poll, but USA Today/AHM had one. The USA Today/AHM poll factoring in this week's results will come out tomorrow, of course.

Comment

Re: 2009-2010 Polls Thread

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
                    The first USCHO women's poll is out.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1w&week=poll

Mercyhurst opens at No. 1, edging out Minnesota. Clarkson posts big gains, pretty much swapping places with BC (now out of the rankings). North Dakota still on the brink of the top 10 despite the split at Wisconsin.

There was no USCHO preseason poll, but USA Today/AHM had one. The USA Today/AHM poll factoring in this week's results will come out tomorrow, of course.
                    I am surprised that UMD and BU didn't take bigger hits in the polls.

UMDs 4-1 loss to RMU (after beating them 5-2 the day before) should garner a bigger adjustment than 1 position.

Additionally, BU tied both games with Ohio (and lost both shootouts) so I am not sure why they are still in 10th.

Comment

USCHO Women's Poll

Comment

Oops! Sorry Dave! I guess I was re-learning hyperlinking while you were posting!

Comment

Oops! Sorry Dave! I guess I was re-learning hyperlinking while you were posting!
                          No worries, it's my bad. I didn't notice a poll thread had already been started. The threads are now merged.

Comment

Gotta love beginning of season polls...
                            (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

USA Today / USA Hockey Poll

Comment

Working...
                              X