Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

If Standing Rock approves use of the nickname but they and Spirit Lake haven't given a 30 year contract and UND drops the nickname, the SBoHE can go **** themselves.

The SBoHE, UND and generally just about every goddam person who could do anything, has done jack****. So if they are going to sit around jacking off and refusing to do something, they can all **** off and rot in hell. I say bull**** to all this supposed behind the scenes stuff. To the every day person, it appears they haven't done a dam thing. Unless they show otherwise, screw them as I and many others will blame them for being spineless lazy arse pieces of ****.
    Last edited by Dirty; 10-02-2009, 02:01 PM.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      If Standing Rock approves use of the nickname but they and Spirit Lake haven't given a 30 year contract and UND drops the nickname, the SBoHE can go **** themselves.

The SBoHE, UND and generally just about every goddam person who could do anything, has done jack****. So if they are going to sit around jacking off and refusing to do something, they can all **** off and rot in hell.
      You don't seem as enthused about UND getting into the Summit Conference and playing Minnesota in football as you're supposed to be.
      Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

If these ********s actually appeared to be doing anything, I just might be enthused, but from everything I've seen they haven't done a dam thing. The SBoHE appears to be like a person who has a house he rents out next to a body of water. The water has been rising for the last couple years and he needs to put up sandbags in an attempt to keep their house from flooding. Instead though he doesn't put up a single sandbag because he already assume their house will flood no matter what. He doesn't care one way or the other if his house floods or not. All the renters offer to help, but he refuses. It's his house that they are renting out and he can do whatever he wants.
        Last edited by Dirty; 10-02-2009, 02:13 PM.
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

If these ********s actually appeared to be doing anything, I just might be enthused, but from everything I've seen they haven't done a dam thing.
          Not that I'm all that enthused about the situation myself, but what is it that should have been done that wasn't? After the NCAA settlement, an offer was made to negotiate a deal with the tribes at the highest levels of government. The tribal leaders said almost immediately -- in no uncertain terms -- that they wouldn't even consider negotiating.

So whose fault was that? Years were wasted because the tribal leaders were content to let the clock run out on the deadlines set by the NCAA settlement. The effort to retain the name at Spirit Lake gained momentum when the state board set deadlines that moved the timetable up.

Also note that to satisfy North Dakota's settlement with the NCAA, Spirit Lake didn't need a referendum or a new resolution supporting the Fighting Sioux nickname. All the tribal council needed to do was reafirm the resolution it passed back in 2000. How difficult would that have been if tribal leaders at Spirit Lake had chosen to do it? But they didn't. Whose fault was that?

The Standing Rock tribal council banned holding a referendum on the reservation similar to the one Spirit Lake held. The tribal chairman said that even if a referendum was held, it woudn't mean anything. What was UND or the state board supposed to do about that?

At this point, I don't know how UND can reconcile keeping the Fighting Sioux nickname and being successful in Division I. Even if UND gets the 30-year agreements from both tribes that it wants, it doesn't mean that anyone has to admit UND to a conference and it doesn't mean that other schools have to play UND. All they see is the ongoing controversy attached to the nickname and the bad publicity it brought when Texas Tech played UND.

It's a mess, and I don't envy anyone trying to find a solution.
          Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
            The tribal leaders said almost immediately -- in no uncertain terms -- that they wouldn't even consider negotiating.
            You can't negotiate when the chairs on the other side of the table are empty.

We have a glimmer of hope with the recent elections, but far from a guarantee that this new council will come to the table, much less let their own constituent vote on the matter.

If they choose to keep operating like North Korea ...
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
              Not that I'm all that enthused about the situation myself, but what is it that should have been done that wasn't? After the NCAA settlement, an offer was made to negotiate a deal with the tribes at the highest levels of government. The tribal leaders said almost immediately -- in no uncertain terms -- that they wouldn't even consider negotiating.

So whose fault was that? Years were wasted because the tribal leaders were content to let the clock run out on the deadlines set by the NCAA settlement. The effort to retain the name at Spirit Lake gained momentum when the state board set deadlines that moved the timetable up.

Also note that to satisfy North Dakota's settlement with the NCAA, Spirit Lake didn't need a referendum or a new resolution supporting the Fighting Sioux nickname. All the tribal council needed to do was reafirm the resolution it passed back in 2000. How difficult would that have been if tribal leaders at Spirit Lake had chosen to do it? But they didn't. Whose fault was that?

The Standing Rock tribal council banned holding a referendum on the reservation similar to the one Spirit Lake held. The tribal chairman said that even if a referendum was held, it woudn't mean anything. What was UND or the state board supposed to do about that?

At this point, I don't know how UND can reconcile keeping the Fighting Sioux nickname and being successful in Division I. Even if UND gets the 30-year agreements from both tribes that it wants, it doesn't mean that anyone has to admit UND to a conference and it doesn't mean that other schools have to play UND. All they see is the ongoing controversy attached to the nickname and the bad publicity it brought when Texas Tech played UND.

It's a mess, and I don't envy anyone trying to find a solution.
              The point of other schools deciding they won't play UND and the issue of being admitted to a conference will override any referendums that the tribes may hold. It may very well happen that the tribes grant their approval for the use of the Fighting Sioux name and the board of education still decide that they won't approve of the continued use of the nickname because of the PC cops that patrol the Summit Conference and other schools (insert name here) that find it quite acceptable to play the FSUs of the world yet won't play UND. Pure BS.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

UND women probably had the biggest win in the programs history last night beating Wisconsin in Madison 2-0.
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

UND women probably had the biggest win in the programs history last night beating Wisconsin in Madison 2-0.
                  I stand by my statement that girls can't play hockey
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Holy crap, the offseason is over.
                    About frickin time!!

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                    I stand by my statement that girls can't play hockey
                    Quiz just hit you, didn't she?
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Article on MacWilliam, Blood, and Fienhage:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/135921
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Just saw that tonight's exhibition game is being televised nationally on FCS Atlantic. Thanks to Suze for the tip.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                          Just saw that tonight's exhibition game is being televised nationally on FCS Atlantic. Thanks to Suze for the tip.
                          All the UND home games will be on FCS now.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            All the UND home games will be on FCS now.
                            Do you happen to know which channel that will be on DirecTV?

I was under the impression that it was on 623, but so far there is nothing announced or on that channel.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Do you happen to know which channel that will be on DirecTV?

I was under the impression that it was on 623, but so far there is nothing announced or on that channel.
                              Not sure on that one.
                              I get Charter Digital cable with the sports pack, so I get all the FCS channels.

They're showing a college football thing on there right now. I have faith that it won't be another lacrosse debacle.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                Not sure on that one.
                                I get Charter Digital cable with the sports pack, so I get all the FCS channels.

They're showing a college football thing on there right now. I have faith that it won't be another lacrosse debacle.
                                I'll update if anything comes on, but as of now, it's just a blank screen (well, with a DirecTV logo) on 623 and 617.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X