Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Just saw that tonight's exhibition game is being televised nationally on FCS Atlantic. Thanks to Suze for the tip.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Pedaling past you in your car

Quote Originally Posted by du78 View Post
    Just saw that tonight's exhibition game is being televised nationally on FCS Atlantic. Thanks to Suze for the tip.
    All the UND home games will be on FCS now.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by brianvf View Post
    All the UND home games will be on FCS now.
    Do you happen to know which channel that will be on DirecTV?

I was under the impression that it was on 623, but so far there is nothing announced or on that channel.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Do you happen to know which channel that will be on DirecTV?

I was under the impression that it was on 623, but so far there is nothing announced or on that channel.
    Not sure on that one.
    I get Charter Digital cable with the sports pack, so I get all the FCS channels.

They're showing a college football thing on there right now. I have faith that it won't be another lacrosse debacle.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Not sure on that one.
    I get Charter Digital cable with the sports pack, so I get all the FCS channels.

They're showing a college football thing on there right now. I have faith that it won't be another lacrosse debacle.
    I'll update if anything comes on, but as of now, it's just a blank screen (well, with a DirecTV logo) on 623 and 617.
    North Dakota

It's already on for me. They are announcing the starting lineups now.
    Hopefully it pops up for you shortly.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Channel 723 is FCS for Comcast in the NW suburbs of the Twin Cities. It's on now.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Channel 723 is FCS for Comcast in the NW suburbs of the Twin Cities. It's on now.
    It doesn't look like the game is going to be on DirecTV, despite being advertised by both UND and FCS that it would be on channel 623. Very disappointing, and I'll expect that there might be some emails sent their way.
    North Dakota

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

It doesn't look like the game is going to be on DirecTV, despite being advertised by both UND and FCS that it would be on channel 623. Very disappointing, and I'll expect that there might be some emails sent their way.
    TV Guide doesn't have it listed on DiercTV at all...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Fighting Sioux Fan Forever

Nice start to the season - 7-1 over Manitoba. Looking forward to seeing how we do against Merrimack.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Nice start to the season - 7-1 over Manitoba. Looking forward to seeing how we do against Merrimack.
    Indeed. They really opened it up in the 3rd when Manitoba started to get tired from playing 3 games in 3 days.

I liked the play of Kristo. The kid has some serious wheels. MacWilliam impressed me too. He seems to be NCAA-ready already. The top line of Kristo/VV/Gregoire could put up some serious points if they remain together. Gleason looked like a Genoway of the future. Trupp looked great, didn't get the bounces, but was always in the action. Like the coaches have already mentioned, Blood looks like a new player. Much improved from last season.

If we continue to get balanced scoring, and if our d-corps keeps improving, I like this teams chances. PP got better as the game progressed, PK was solid. Eidsness let in the one goal, but made some good saves...Dell wasn't really called on to do much.

Hopefully the Sioux can take care of business against Merrimack.
    WCHA banner raising on Friday night!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    TV Guide doesn't have it listed on DiercTV at all...
    I'm not sure what happened. FWIW, the game on Friday is on the Guide for DirecTV (Channel 617). I haven't seen anything for Saturday's game though.

Ultimately, I still have SiouXTRA, so I still get to watch the games. It's just not as good of a picture as when it's broadcast on TV.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game...

Kristo is going to be a factor for the Sioux this season. He has a lot of tools, and can score. I liked what I saw.

Cichy, I didn't really notice much, other than the garbage goal late in the game. Saying that, i did miss portions of the game.

I liked what I saw from the blueline. For the most part, we were strong defensively, but were able to generate a lot of offense from the back.

IMO, the jerseys look great. I like that they went to more green in the jerseys.

I'm looking forward to Friday. I think Merrimack will test us, but I think we should be able to get a couple victories. Despite the fact that Merrimack is a bottom dweller in Hockey East, going 2-0-0 against them could be huge come Pairwise time.
    North Dakota

I posted this on the tickets forum also but just noticed some tickets for the Sioux-Gopher series in GF on sale at ebay.com. I already have mine but in case someone needs them. Hope a Sioux fans gets them!

Kristo is going to be a factor for the Sioux this season. He has a lot of tools, and can score. I liked what I saw.
    Yep.
    He will be a candidate for WCHA ROTY. Looks to be a great player.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

The freshmen looked good. The jerseys are awesome. This team has potential galore.

Trupp could have had 5 goals if things would have went his way a bit.

I cant wait for a game when we are up by one with one minute left and they put a "horse" line together to kill the clock out. Malone-vv-zajac.

The physical play was great. Looking forward to watching this team rough people up again.

SUPER TRUPPER!!!!

Was at the game also... that kristo kid can just flat out skate he is going to be a great player... loved the play of the d-men we got some huge boys back there ... thought we were a little sloppy to start with but really turned it on at the end... I agree that hakstol and comp. will have some tough calls to make on who playes and who sits each night... might be a good thing though, makes the guys skate hard every night so they get to play the next night.....
    Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

IMO, the jerseys look great. I like that they went to more green in the jerseys.

I'm looking forward to Friday. I think Merrimack will test us, but I think we should be able to get a couple victories. Despite the fact that Merrimack is a bottom dweller in Hockey East, going 2-0-0 against them could be huge come Pairwise time.
    I disagree about the jerseys. I liked the look of the black in the numerals, "Sioux" and players names. But it's just a personal preference.

I also agree these are important games next weekend, even though Merrimack is not a traditional hockey power. It just seemed like the team was digging out of the Boston debacle all of last season.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Relax...take your time...

Quiz just hit you, didn't she?
    she hits me, I hit her back 3 times harder.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I also agree these are important games next weekend, even though Merrimack is not a traditional hockey power. It just seemed like the team was digging out of the Boston debacle all of last season.
    they definitely are important. If the Sioux come out with lackluster play, they will be already looking up and again, it's a long way to the top.
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Thread Information