Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1003

Thread: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

  1. #81
    Pedaling past you in your car
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    34,134

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    VandeVelde is going to have a monster year.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

    Fighting Sioux Hockey

  2. #82
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianvf View Post
    VandeVelde is going to have a monster year.
    Genoway will, too. BTW, change your sig!
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  3. #83
    Pedaling past you in your car
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    34,134

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Genoway will, too. BTW, change your sig!
    Ok.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

    Fighting Sioux Hockey

  4. #84
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianvf View Post
    Ok.
    Better. Not great, but better.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    632

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Brad Miller time season 2 is officially underway. Good to see Cory Feinhage on the show after he was the only player not to make an appearance last year..I love that new floor too.
    Let the Rebuilding Begin

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,725

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Arrgghh - I guess we'll have to plan for the Shot invasion next year.
    Sounds like a plan. In GF for the home opener, I will be in the owners suite on Saturday.

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,725

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianvf View Post
    Sounds like Frattin is working towards returning to UND next season:

    https://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/135366
    That would be nice.

  8. #88
    PCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Grand Forks, N.D.
    Posts
    5,418

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    That would be Spirit Lake's resolution, but I don't understand why a "perpetual" agreement doesn't satisfy the 30 year requirement.
    Because the same tribal council or a new tribal council can decide to withdraw that support at any time for any reason. So while the Spirit Lake resolution likely satisfies the NCAA, it doesn't come close to meeting the board's requirement for a legally binding 30-year agreement.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

  9. #89
    Relax...take your time...
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a better spot than you
    Posts
    14,066

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by PCM View Post
    Because the same tribal council or a new tribal council can decide to withdraw that support at any time for any reason. So while the Spirit Lake resolution likely satisfies the NCAA, it doesn't come close to meeting the board's requirement for a legally binding 30-year agreement.
    so bottom line here...are we still screwed?
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

  10. #90
    PCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Grand Forks, N.D.
    Posts
    5,418

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    so bottom line here...are we still screwed?
    Quite possibly.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

  11. #91
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,846

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    If Standing Rock approves use of the nickname but they and Spirit Lake haven't given a 30 year contract and UND drops the nickname, the SBoHE can go **** themselves.

    The SBoHE, UND and generally just about every goddam person who could do anything, has done jack****. So if they are going to sit around jacking off and refusing to do something, they can all **** off and rot in hell. I say bull**** to all this supposed behind the scenes stuff. To the every day person, it appears they haven't done a dam thing. Unless they show otherwise, screw them as I and many others will blame them for being spineless lazy arse pieces of ****.
    Last edited by Dirty; 10-02-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  12. #92
    PCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Grand Forks, N.D.
    Posts
    5,418

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    If Standing Rock approves use of the nickname but they and Spirit Lake haven't given a 30 year contract and UND drops the nickname, the SBoHE can go **** themselves.

    The SBoHE, UND and generally just about every goddam person who could do anything, has done jack****. So if they are going to sit around jacking off and refusing to do something, they can all **** off and rot in hell.
    You don't seem as enthused about UND getting into the Summit Conference and playing Minnesota in football as you're supposed to be.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

  13. #93
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,846

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    If these ********s actually appeared to be doing anything, I just might be enthused, but from everything I've seen they haven't done a dam thing. The SBoHE appears to be like a person who has a house he rents out next to a body of water. The water has been rising for the last couple years and he needs to put up sandbags in an attempt to keep their house from flooding. Instead though he doesn't put up a single sandbag because he already assume their house will flood no matter what. He doesn't care one way or the other if his house floods or not. All the renters offer to help, but he refuses. It's his house that they are renting out and he can do whatever he wants.
    Last edited by Dirty; 10-02-2009 at 03:13 PM.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  14. #94
    PCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Grand Forks, N.D.
    Posts
    5,418

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    If these ********s actually appeared to be doing anything, I just might be enthused, but from everything I've seen they haven't done a dam thing.
    Not that I'm all that enthused about the situation myself, but what is it that should have been done that wasn't? After the NCAA settlement, an offer was made to negotiate a deal with the tribes at the highest levels of government. The tribal leaders said almost immediately -- in no uncertain terms -- that they wouldn't even consider negotiating.

    So whose fault was that? Years were wasted because the tribal leaders were content to let the clock run out on the deadlines set by the NCAA settlement. The effort to retain the name at Spirit Lake gained momentum when the state board set deadlines that moved the timetable up.

    Also note that to satisfy North Dakota's settlement with the NCAA, Spirit Lake didn't need a referendum or a new resolution supporting the Fighting Sioux nickname. All the tribal council needed to do was reafirm the resolution it passed back in 2000. How difficult would that have been if tribal leaders at Spirit Lake had chosen to do it? But they didn't. Whose fault was that?

    The Standing Rock tribal council banned holding a referendum on the reservation similar to the one Spirit Lake held. The tribal chairman said that even if a referendum was held, it woudn't mean anything. What was UND or the state board supposed to do about that?

    At this point, I don't know how UND can reconcile keeping the Fighting Sioux nickname and being successful in Division I. Even if UND gets the 30-year agreements from both tribes that it wants, it doesn't mean that anyone has to admit UND to a conference and it doesn't mean that other schools have to play UND. All they see is the ongoing controversy attached to the nickname and the bad publicity it brought when Texas Tech played UND.

    It's a mess, and I don't envy anyone trying to find a solution.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

  15. #95
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    15,380

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by PCM View Post
    The tribal leaders said almost immediately -- in no uncertain terms -- that they wouldn't even consider negotiating.
    You can't negotiate when the chairs on the other side of the table are empty.

    We have a glimmer of hope with the recent elections, but far from a guarantee that this new council will come to the table, much less let their own constituent vote on the matter.

    If they choose to keep operating like North Korea ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  16. #96
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by PCM View Post
    Not that I'm all that enthused about the situation myself, but what is it that should have been done that wasn't? After the NCAA settlement, an offer was made to negotiate a deal with the tribes at the highest levels of government. The tribal leaders said almost immediately -- in no uncertain terms -- that they wouldn't even consider negotiating.

    So whose fault was that? Years were wasted because the tribal leaders were content to let the clock run out on the deadlines set by the NCAA settlement. The effort to retain the name at Spirit Lake gained momentum when the state board set deadlines that moved the timetable up.

    Also note that to satisfy North Dakota's settlement with the NCAA, Spirit Lake didn't need a referendum or a new resolution supporting the Fighting Sioux nickname. All the tribal council needed to do was reafirm the resolution it passed back in 2000. How difficult would that have been if tribal leaders at Spirit Lake had chosen to do it? But they didn't. Whose fault was that?

    The Standing Rock tribal council banned holding a referendum on the reservation similar to the one Spirit Lake held. The tribal chairman said that even if a referendum was held, it woudn't mean anything. What was UND or the state board supposed to do about that?

    At this point, I don't know how UND can reconcile keeping the Fighting Sioux nickname and being successful in Division I. Even if UND gets the 30-year agreements from both tribes that it wants, it doesn't mean that anyone has to admit UND to a conference and it doesn't mean that other schools have to play UND. All they see is the ongoing controversy attached to the nickname and the bad publicity it brought when Texas Tech played UND.

    It's a mess, and I don't envy anyone trying to find a solution.
    The point of other schools deciding they won't play UND and the issue of being admitted to a conference will override any referendums that the tribes may hold. It may very well happen that the tribes grant their approval for the use of the Fighting Sioux name and the board of education still decide that they won't approve of the continued use of the nickname because of the PC cops that patrol the Summit Conference and other schools (insert name here) that find it quite acceptable to play the FSUs of the world yet won't play UND. Pure BS.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  17. #97
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,846

    Smile Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    UND women probably had the biggest win in the programs history last night beating Wisconsin in Madison 2-0.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  18. #98
    Relax...take your time...
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a better spot than you
    Posts
    14,066

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    UND women probably had the biggest win in the programs history last night beating Wisconsin in Madison 2-0.
    I stand by my statement that girls can't play hockey
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

  19. #99
    Pedaling past you in your car
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    34,134

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Holy crap, the offseason is over.
    About frickin time!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    I stand by my statement that girls can't play hockey
    Quiz just hit you, didn't she?
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

    Fighting Sioux Hockey

  20. #100
    Pedaling past you in your car
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    34,134

    Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

    Article on MacWilliam, Blood, and Fienhage:

    https://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/135921
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

    Fighting Sioux Hockey

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •