Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

The senior picture of Mario on the bulletin board is AWESOME!

Hexy is going to own this season!!!
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      UND adds a great power forward recruit to their 2010 or 2011 class:
      Welcome aboard Brock Nelson.

Tall kid, if he adds some weight/muscle to that frame he could really be another VV type player for UND in years to come.

*****http://c2.api.ning.com/files/V3d3OCp3A2MLbERwMVCTpLUirpi6pecwnuV-MdnaqlL15nGjQhQIY5V1GugVbU0QnwZ4WFLwclbRmJXHlqTwn4 AOcIhl5XEK/EmperorPalpatine.jpg******
      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        Although I am a huge UMass fan I have to honestly say that I watched every episode last year, and probably more than once. It's gonna be a little different without Brad, but nonetheless I am excited for this season!
        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Latest Strib article on the name change.

EDIT: The article points out that a lower court ruled recently that the Washington "Redskins" name did not defame American Indians. So the "Fighting Sioux" name is "hostile and abusive" and "Redskins" is not. I smell a rat.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I know who the North Stars were

It's a way to keep alive a great hockey nickname, and just replace the yellow in the jerseys to black, and we still have a very nice logo/jersey.
          There's lot of potentially good names out there. How about playing it safe with non-threatening, politically correct inanimate object names like The Scottsdale Community College logo :

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/artichokes.jpg******

TIME MAGAZINES TEN WORST TEAM NAMES

Comment

I can't help but wonder if the name change will lead to a drop in recruits. Just a thought.
            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
              I can't help but wonder if the name change will lead to a drop in recruits. Just a thought.
              That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That take is so stupid, PA wouldn't even think of it. Please sterilize yourself so you will not pollute the gene pool. Thank You.
              Last edited by Dirty; 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM.
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That take is so stupid, PA wouldn't even think of it. Please sterilize yourself so you will not pollute the gene pool. Thank You.
                I always...
                'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Thanks Sloe, I needed a laugh.
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The Fighting Slough.

http://www.fws.gov/Refuges/profiles/index.cfm?id=62583

Our mascot will be the great white pelican.
                    Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Thankfully, he's not planning on procreating...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'm just saying...if you can't wear the Sioux logo...but hey, what do I know? I was practice squad for 3 weeks.
                        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I'm just saying...if you can't wear the Sioux logo...but hey, what do I know? I was practice squad for 3 weeks.
                          Obviously less than a bag of dog poo.
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

What I want to know is how they keep the Dakota part? Not PC

Should just be North "formerly known as Sioux"
                            ---------------------------
                            "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Comment

George Gwozdecky is a mean mean man
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

The North Dakota Fighting Smiley

http://blog.sketchedouttv.com/wp-con...ater_tower.jpg
                                Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Working...
                                X