This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Looking forward to a fun and enjoyable season.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010 the last year of the old WCHA

Those sue fans ruin everything.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      Those sue fans ruin everything.
      I hear ya Happy... I was wondering how we could parlay the musical assistant coaches into going down the tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Looking forward to a fun and enjoyable season.
        So...not the second half of last season then.

Comment

the beginning reminds me of the '04-'05 season when we were up in GF and split. We didn't get it done the first game, but came back with a big game from the Irmenator, Ryan and I think some other guy helped out a little too. Barry had a huge goal early in the first too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
            the beginning reminds me of the '04-'05 season when we were up in GF and split. We didn't get it done the first game, but came back with a big game from the Irmenator, Ryan and I think some other guy helped out a little too. Barry had a huge goal early in the first too.
            Did you crash the net for a goal?

Sorry....I know it's a cheapshot but couldn't resist.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Did anyone notice the pretty stat that collegehockeynews had in their awful rankings in Goon's thread? Read it again.

6. Minnesota: A usual NCAA postseason staple, the Gophers fell short of expectations last season, but if their late-season run showed anything, it was that they'd be back with a vengeance in 2009-10. They lose top scorer Ryan Stoa to the pro ranks, but return Jordan Schroeder, who excelled as a freshman, and Jay Bariball on a deep offense that will be complemented by a defense led by Cade Fairchild and Aaron Ness, both of whom matured nicely as the roller coaster season continued. The biggest piece of the puzzle will be seeing which Alex Kangas shows up in net -- the one who gave up 42 goals in a 12 game mid-season stretch, or the one who allowed just 19 over the final nine matches of the season.
              Alex has what should be a much better defensive core this year.............
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Did anyone notice the pretty stat that collegehockeynews had in their awful rankings in Goon's thread? Read it again.
                The "College Hockey News Poll" explanation makes no mention of any potential impact new recruits may have, four of which were drafted fairly high in the NHL draft. It makes no mention of senior leadership which has been largely lacking in recent seasons. As you pointed out, it makes no mention of a stronger defense compared to last year. Poorly done. They could at least spell Jay Barriball's name right .

One scout quoted in The Hockey News regarding Seth Helgeson: "He plays the game like a warrior. He has an edge and some touch with the puck. He has size and grit. He's a guy who's going to be difficult to play against at whatever level he plays."

Edit: I think we will see more of the talent Kangas displayed as a freshmen this coming season.
                Last edited by HarleyMC; 09-17-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  One scout quoted in The Hockey News regarding Seth Helgeson: "He plays the game like a warrior. He has an edge and some touch with the puck. He has size and grit. He's a guy who's going to be difficult to play against at whatever level he plays.
                  I am excited to see him play, sounds like he will bring an element to MN's game that has been recently absent.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    I am excited to see him play, sounds like he will bring an element to MN's game that has been recently absent.
                    The wonder of this years frosh class is that all (4) of them bring something that is going to be exciting to watch.

Leddy's offense and skill carrying the puck.
                    Helgeson's size, grit, and toughness.
                    Budish's power forwardness.......boy, is that going to be fun to see for a change. A power forward that likes to play in front of the net.
                    Birkholz's speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

There's no fluff or fold in this years recruits.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Budish's power forwardness.......boy, is that going to be fun to see for a change. A power forward that likes to play in front of the net.
                      My guess is Grant Potulny will have a lot to say as a coach about playing in front of the net this season. He was good at it.

Comment

Taylor Matson says surgery made his injured knee stronger than the other one! He'll be a force to reckon with this season.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tfjZX8O7Tk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tfjZX8O7Tk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

Comment

The "College Hockey News Poll" explanation makes no mention of any potential impact new recruits may have, four of which were drafted fairly high in the NHL draft. It makes no mention of senior leadership which has been largely lacking in recent seasons. As you pointed out, it makes no mention of a stronger defense compared to last year. Poorly done. They could at least spell Jay Barriball's name right .

One scout quoted in The Hockey News regarding Seth Helgeson: "He plays the game like a warrior. He has an edge and some touch with the puck. He has size and grit. He's a guy who's going to be difficult to play against at whatever level he plays."

Edit: I think we will see more of the talent Kangas displayed as a freshmen this coming season.
                          Here's to hoping they have Kangas night again at they Ralph.... can't wait to see the Sioux expose him for the swiss cheese that he really is. Anyone want to bet how many times he gets pulled that weekend?

Comment

Taylor Matson says surgery made his injured knee stronger than the other one! He'll be a force to reckon with this season.
                            My favorite frosh from last season. I was so bummed when he got hurt. Looking forward to this season.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              Anyone want to bet how many times he gets pulled that weekend?
                              Given the Sue's well deserved reputation as cheap shot artists, I'll guess it will equal the number of Suesie penalties.
                              "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Working...
                              X