NAHA Labor DayTournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAHA Labor DayTournament

So who will be the teams to beat in this tournament. I noticed Assabet has a 2 entries in the u17 level. Whats up with that?

Re: NAHA Labor DayTournament

Originally posted by hockeyguy2007 View Post
    So who will be the teams to beat in this tournament. I noticed Assabet has a 2 entries in the u17 level. Whats up with that?
    Unusual for sure. I think this is only the second year Assabet has been in this tournament and they are up to 3 teams all ready. What about the USA selects? Aren't they a summer team? Surprised not to see them at NAHA.
    Last edited by UCONN FAN; 08-25-2009, 11:35 AM.
    Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

The tournament page lists Assabet (2) in the U17 field but the schedule page has the Mass Spitfires U16 team listed on the schedule so not sure which is correct.

Comment

AV's website lists U19, U17, and U16 teams for this tourney.

The USA selects are a summer team comprised mainly of AV and SSM girls.
        They're all back with their club teams by now.

Comment

So if they have a U16 team and a U19 team, whats the U17 team. I thought the USA hockey designations were U19 and U16.

Comment

The U17 team is essentially a second U16 team. This team is replacing the Spitfires.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy2007 View Post
              So if they have a U16 team and a U19 team, whats the U17 team. I thought the USA hockey designations were U19 and U16.
              The JWHL, like the PWHL has a U17 (Midget) division. In the case of Assabet, they have a team of players 16 and under, and a team of 17 year olds (and possibly unders).

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                The JWHL, like the PWHL has a U17 (Midget) division. In the case of Assabet, they have a team of players 16 and under, and a team of 17 year olds (and possibly unders).
                After having a look at the Assabet website it seems the U17 Assabet Team is made up of; (2) 17 yr. olds, (6) 16 yr. olds and (8) 15 yr. olds to be exact.
                "Keep your head up, and your stick on the ice."

Comment

With that makeup sounds like it might be a red minor team u16 or u19

Comment

Working...
                  X