Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hockey News Ranks College Jerseys

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
    It's not Boston. You sound like Barry Melrose. It's BU or BC. Boston University or Boston College. Never Boston. Neither school refers to itself as Boston. The Bruins are Boston.
    We don't care.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      ive never heard BC referenced as "boston"..
      don't they in their song??

(old song, no doubt. today it would be written "newton" )
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Hockey News has no business talking about college hockey. Ever. They are a complete joke when it comes to the subject.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Yeah... I'd be okay with Maine or the black NU jerseys beating BU in HE... but PC?
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            The Hockey News has no business talking about hockey. Ever. They are a complete joke when it comes to any subject.
            FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              The Hockey News has no business talking about college hockey. Ever. They are a complete joke when it comes to the subject.
              Yeah... if you follow the link to the poll for voting BU is listed as "Boston." ...Clearly not an informed bunch over there at THN.
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I think the best jersey in the country is the UAA away green. LSSU is a close second with the classic and unique anchor.

These people are obviously clowns
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Another victory for UML over UMass.

Comment

ive never heard BC referenced as "boston". however it is a somewhat common misrefence among media who are unfamiliar with BU.
                    Not that it really matters, but is it really a misreference? Having been around BU for a long time, I feel like I've heard plenty of people both associated with and not associated with the university just using "Boston" on occasion.
                    Last edited by ericredaxe; 08-24-2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I am a fan of UAF's jerseys personally.

Are they kidding with BGSU? Pumpkins and shat? REALLY?!
                      Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                      M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Not that it really matters, but is it really a misreference? Having been around BU for a long time, I feel like I've heard plenty of people both associated with and not associated with the university just using "Boston" on occasion.
                        I didn't know how much in bugged me until the PA guy kept saying it during the Frozen Four... although by the last two goals I don't care what he could have called us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                          I didn't know how much in bugged me until the PA guy kept saying it during the Frozen Four... although by the last two goals I don't care what he could have called us.
                          as long as it didnt end in "college"
                          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                            I didn't know how much in bugged me until the PA guy kept saying it during the Frozen Four
                            To be fair absolutely everything that guy said was incredibly annoying

Comment

I really hope they use *****http://www.stlawu.edu/athletics/sites/stlawu.edu.athletics/files/imagecache/sports_panel_featured_story/story_images/mhoc3.jpg?****** this jersey for SLU in the ECAC contest, as I feel it's a real solid sweater, as do many other people I have talked to at various games.

Comment

they are nice but i think they're going with the staple jersey. ive never been a fan of nu's regular home/away's. the striping is very busy and the lack of solidarity of one logo/design year to year makes it confusing. the black third is a real nice one though.
                                By all means, please explain to me when you mean that NU has a "staple jersey"... I would love to know what you mean by that.... This past season was the first season that NU didn't change a jersey since the 00-01 season. I don't know how you can have a staple jersey when it changes so much.
                                Originally posted by Bakunin
                                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Working...
                                X