Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Olympic Team - State by State

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    I've always found it interesting that there's so many players from Illinois, yet we don't have a D-I team there. Of course, it's only a matter of a time before U-Illinois and Northwestern add teams and join the BTHC.
    What would they need to do to get that level of certification?

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      I've always found it interesting that there's so many players from Illinois, yet we don't have a D-I team there. Of course, it's only a matter of a time before U-Illinois and Northwestern add teams and join the BTHC.
      Yeah! That's not going to happen, has about as much of a chance happening as I do of becoming a prince. We have been talking about the big ten hockey conference for a very long time and we are the same place we were before about 15 years ago. No where.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
        We have been talking about the big ten hockey conference for a very long time and we are the same place we were before about 15 years ago. No where.
        That was kinda the point.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So... why talk about the six states with the most NHLers... then only make teams for four of them? It's not like they didn't dig into AHL/Minors for any of the other teams...
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            So... why talk about the six states with the most NHLers... then only make teams for four of them? It's not like they didn't dig into AHL/Minors for any of the other teams...
            In an earlier post (which was in response to your guess as to which were the 6 states that produced the most U.S. born players) I said that the bulk of players came from the first four states.

However as per your request I attempted to put together separate Team Illinois & Team Wisconsin but was unable to really get anything that could compete against any other teams in this 'fantasy' scenario. But by putting them together, Illinois had the goalies/defence and Wisconsin had the better forwards I was able to put a team together.

Will post it tomm.

Comment

Ok here you go Team Illinois/Team Wisconsin:

Since these two states border each other, why not combine the two and see what kind of team we could have. (as could be seen with Team Maritimes, when you don’t have enough players from one region, why not combine).

So without further ado, here is Team Illisconsin.

Coach: Tony Granato. Despite his recent demotion/promotion, I’m giving the pride of Downers Grove, Illinois the head coaching mantle. He is a perfect choice to lead this mixed squad. He played for the University of Wisconsin and he was born and raised in Illinois.

Goalies:

1. Craig Anderson (IL)

2. Al Montoya (IL)

3. Tyler Plante (WI)
              For a complete look at Team Illinois/Team Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
              X