Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your one do-over.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    The beauty of sports. Reading the above brought a huge grin to my face. So awesome.

I'm with Rover. While it's easy to wish for one more second for Tony Amonte, or that Shawn McEachern's puck crossed the line instead of hitting both posts, somehow, 1997 was worse. After beating that Michigan team, there is NO WAY, BU should have lost to a very young North Dakota squad. The "do-over" is to turn the 2nd period from a "5" to a "0"

I love this thread. Keep 'em coming. Oh, and nice sig BoSox3066.

I can't believe BC fans haven't brought up 1998 yet. Who hit the post again in OT? It was quite the clanger.

'98 BC/UM game was it Jamie O'Leary hitting the crossbar?

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who's seen their team win a national title in the last 20 years is disqualified from having a do-over.
      Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
      Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
        As far as I'm concerned, anybody who's seen their team win a national title in the last 20 years is disqualified from having a do-over.
        Its a free country Craig. People are allowed to be greedy if they wanna be greedy.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

my do-overs as a BU fan are '91 and '97 with '97 being worse because it was my freshman year in school and our only shot in the national title game during my four years there.

But since I was in the stadium for the '95 title game, and since I DON'T have to apply a do-over to 2009, I'm going to just call it even.

Thanks Zach, Matt, Nick and Colby! and to the Miami goalie for not covering the post on the first Cohen goal. you really helped us out there. thank you.
          Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by BU-Grad View Post
            and to the Miami goalie for not covering the post on the first Cohen goal. you really helped us out there. thank you.
            He covered the post. He just left a little too much room airing out his armpit.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

also: of course I second all sentiments on Travis Roy. I recently read his book, Eleven Seconds. it's just heart-wrenching. if anyone's interested, you can make donations to Travis' foundation here: http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/. they do a lot of great work supporting science and individual grants to people with spinal cord injuries.

I got a signed letter from Travis after I donated, which made me think: man, he has to put a pen in his mouth even just to write his name. poor guy.
              Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

For SCSU...

Just one do over?? Cripes, we need like 8 of them....

But if I had to pick one it would be against Michigan where Szabo's (I think?) skate was like 2 inches in the crease which cost us a goal and then Harty beating the goaltender on a breakaway only to have the puck roll off his stick..
                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

1992 NCAA Championship UW vs LSSU. UW loses (5-3) in a penalty filled game where the officials were pretty 1 sided against UW. This idoit ECAC ref called the game tighter than a no contact girls game, and even then he left some stuff go and called other ticky tacky stuff. LSSU scored the go ahead 4th goal when the puck snuck between Duane Derksen's pad and the post in the 3rd period. I can see it like it was just yesterday. I can also see like yesterday the gloves and sticks of UW players getting thrown at the empty net goal at the end of the game. An ugly finish to an ugly game. Too bad Duane couldn't get that 2nd NCAA ring...
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    1992 NCAA Championship UW vs LSSU. UW loses (5-3) in a penalty filled game where the officials were pretty 1 sided against UW. This idoit ECAC ref called the game tighter than a no contact girls game...
                    Tim McConaugh. It helps to say it out loud.

(Actually, after all these years I'm not sure I've got the spelling correct.)

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                      Tim McConaugh. It helps to say it out loud.

(Actually, after all these years I'm not sure I've got the spelling correct.)
                      Well, I can spell it for you -- Tim McConaghy -- but aw hell, boys, do we really need to talk about this? Gah.
                      "It's a great day for hockey"

LET'S GO RED!

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                        For SCSU...

Just one do over?? Cripes, we need like 8 of them....

But if I had to pick one it would be against Michigan where Szabo's (I think?) skate was like 2 inches in the crease which cost us a goal and then Harty beating the goaltender on a breakaway only to have the puck roll off his stick..
                        Heck, for St. Cloud, I would have thought you would have picked the Molly game and kept a certain cheerleader's mouth shut.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          1992 NCAA Championship UW vs LSSU. UW loses (5-3) in a penalty filled game where the officials were pretty 1 sided against UW. This idoit ECAC ref called the game tighter than a no contact girls game, and even then he left some stuff go and called other ticky tacky stuff. LSSU scored the go ahead 4th goal when the puck snuck between Duane Derksen's pad and the post in the 3rd period. I can see it like it was just yesterday. I can also see like yesterday the gloves and sticks of UW players getting thrown at the empty net goal at the end of the game. An ugly finish to an ugly game. Too bad Duane couldn't get that 2nd NCAA ring...
                          Yes, that game was called much tighter than anyone would like to see in a championship game, but the penalty totals weren't all that one sided. It was something like 12 penalties on UW and 10 on LSSU; whatever the actual figures, there was only a differential of 2. I think there were 3 or 4 two man advantages for LSSU, and 1 for UW, none of which were for a full 2 minutes.

Comment

It'll put me one over my quota - but I can't let the thread go without mentioning another:

That Corey Tropp's stick hadn't made news, and Kampfer Sr. could watch his son play on home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              I think there were 3 or 4 two man advantages for LSSU, and 1 for UW, none of which were for a full 2 minutes.

Well, so I guess it was a fair fight, then.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                                '98 BC/UM game was it Jamie O'Leary hitting the crossbar?
                                Yup.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X