Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your one do-over.

Originally posted by uofminneandy View Post
    1989, N.C. late in the game Gophers come down on a rush and hit the post. As sometimes in hockey on the next rush Harvard scores claiming title. That sack punch lasted in me gut for 13 long years!!
    That one is my choice. Wooger deserved a title, who knew he wouldn't get back.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That stupid 1997 National Championship game. How the hell do you knock of superstar laden Michigan team going for repeat championship, only to pull the worst F up I've ever seen in the championship game, a game we were leading 2-0 in until Larouque decided to play the worst game of his entire life in the biggest game of his career.

If I had a do over, I would have seen Noble take the net after Larouque let them back into the game, and then I would have hired Scottie Bowman to give a speech after the 1st period stressing the importance of skating and not passing to the other team if you want to win a title, because clearly that's not a message communicated to the squad by the coaching staff during the game.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

1989, N.C. late in the game Gophers come down on a rush and hit the post. As sometimes in hockey on the next rush Harvard scores claiming title. That sack punch lasted in me gut for 13 long years!!
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        While I cannot disagree with the sentiment losing in '81 to the BADgers still haunts me more.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by glazewsr View Post
          An absolute no-brainer:

Oct 20, 1995 - I'd move Travis Roy three feet farther from the boards.
          Seconded.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            That stupid 1997 National Championship game. How the hell do you knock of superstar laden Michigan team going for repeat championship, only to pull the worst F up I've ever seen in the championship game, a game we were leading 2-0 in until Larouque decided to play the worst game of his entire life in the biggest game of his career.

If I had a do over, I would have seen Noble take the net after Larouque let them back into the game, and then I would have hired Scottie Bowman to give a speech after the 1st period stressing the importance of skating and not passing to the other team if you want to win a title, because clearly that's not a message communicated to the squad by the coaching staff during the game.

You know, I was thinking about including this game, but this loss hurt less than the '91 loss to Northern Michigan. I think I'd rather do that one over and watch the puck(s) that rolled oh so close to the goal line actually go in. In all honesty, though, I'd like to do over the 2006 Regional Final game against BC. That game still hurts (though not as much now).

And glazewsr - word times infinity.

Comment

2007 NCAA First Round against Notre Dame. Chargers had that game won in the first OT, just couldn't put a puck past David Brown. Then a stupid defensive breakdown to allow a powerplay blast from the high slot.

Grrr.
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Ah, Randy Skarda. Probably still hears that OT 'clank' every night he goes to sleep. And Harvard didn't quite score on the next rush, but slightly later, When Harvard's Ed Krayer snuck a backhander off the faceoff under Robb Stauber at the 4:13 mark.

I was there that night as well, and of all the college hockey games I've ever seen, that one ranks as most dramatic from start to finish.

Speaking of my one do over, it would be 1986, when Denver lost to Harvard at the Frozen Four.
                Last edited by Puck Swami; 07-07-2009, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                  Ah, Randy Skarda. Probably still hears that OT 'clank' every night he goes to sleep.
                  My sister-in-law worked with Skarda for a while, I guess it really haunts him & he does not want to talk about the game or shot. At all. Ever.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Yep. I didn't see the game live as I was too young to remember but I have seen it replayed, hurts.

For live games, it's almost too obvious but Holy Cross. I had such a pit in my stomach for a few days after that game, and the kicker is that after they scored the winning goal I had an honor banquet to attend and probably didn't say more than like 2 dozen words all night.

But 1989 would be my number one choice.
                    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                    Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

2006 NC game - Rob Scuderi doesn't hit the post as time expires. (But BC was getting whalloped in that game, Bucky would have won in OT anyway.)

2007 NC game - don't collapse in the last 5:00.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Woog was one post/cross bar away from an NCAA title. They should call that the Clink game (the sound of the puck hitting the post).
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

In 2000 Regional final, Spartans had a 5-4 lead over Boston College with a minute to go. They get called on a blessed Too Many Men penalty. With 50 seconds to go Boston College scores the tying goal.

MSU goes shorthanded in overtime on a 5-minute major. With 6 freaking seconds left in the penalty, BC scores the game winner.

Frozen Four has to wait another couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                            2006 NC game - Rob Scuderi doesn't hit the post as time expires. (But BC was getting whalloped in that game, Bucky would have won in OT anyway.)
                            Scuderi? He was long gone from BC by then. Wasn't it Motherwell?
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

2003 in Buffalo. High stick my ***.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Scuderi? He was long gone from BC by then. Wasn't it Motherwell?
                                I think so, brain fart. Scuderi has been on my mind lately since he won the Cup and he's one of my all-time favorites at BC.
                                Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                                X