Social Media Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media Fun

Thought it would fun to have a warehouse for some of the more fun social media feeds people like and share some of the more fun posts.

One of my favorites is Super 70s Sports:

Rex Chapman is another one.

And yeah I will preemptively acknowledge that all social media accounts should be taken in doses. Scrolling is not that hard people.

Re: Social Media Fun

The only problem with Rex is the number of retweets with comments by his followers and even himself. You see the same content a billion times. I agree though, the content is great. Like this one: (NSFW)

"And that would make it over for me."
    Last edited by state of hockey; 06-04-2020, 08:33 AM.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Haha, that was a great ending.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        The only problem with Rex is the number of retweets with comments by his followers and even himself. You see the same content a billion times. I agree though, the content is great. Like this one: (NSFW)

"And that would make it over for me."
        You can turn off retweets for a person. He's the only one I've ever had to do it, because of the reason you said. Now I just see it once or twice at most.

Comment

I vividly remember watching this game with my brother and dad. In the room was the signed-ball from Reggie my brother got me that summer, one of the 3 he worked as a bat boy in the visitors dugout at Met Stadium. And listening to Cosell is always a treat.

I had a paper-route for 3-4 years starting when I was 10. A new bank opened up down the street from our neighborhood (at the corner of Mtka. Blvd. and 101 for those of you back home) which was also nearby a bowling alley with an arcade. Once a week I would bike to the bank, withdraw $5 and blow it all at the bowling alley with friends. It was 50% guilt, 50% feeling like a king.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I vividly remember watching this game with my brother and dad. In the room was the signed-ball from Reggie my brother got me that summer, one of the 3 he worked as a bat boy in the visitors dugout at Met Stadium. And listening to Cosell is always a treat.

I had a paper-route for 3-4 years starting when I was 10. A new bank opened up down the street from our neighborhood (at the corner of Mtka. Blvd. and 101 for those of you back home) which was also nearby a bowling alley with an arcade. Once a week I would bike to the bank, withdraw $5 and blow it all at the bowling alley with friends. It was 50% guilt, 50% feeling like a king.

I believe Jackson also homered on his last swing in game 5, so that was a home run on 4 consecutive swings in the WS.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I believe Jackson also homered on his last swing in game 5, so that was a home run on 4 consecutive swings in the WS.
              I think he walked his 1st AB in Game 6. Although technically you're correct as a BB doesn't count as an AB.

Comment

I think he walked his 1st AB in Game 6. Although technically you're correct as a BB doesn't count as an AB.
                Yeah, but it was four consecutive swings.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Yeah, but it was four consecutive swings.
                  Oops, correct.

Comment

Oops, correct.
                    It is still a great feat. I can’t imagine anyone doing it again.

Comment

It was a good time to bring this thread, Slap.

Comment

https://***********/Psych_Borg/statu...275055616?s=20

Comment

Well I guess this can go here:

Thanks to John Oliver, Marble League is back!
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Well I guess this can go here:

Thanks to John Oliver, Marble League is back!
                            I think JO sponsored a different marble league.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I think JO sponsored a different marble league.
                              It's likely one in the same since the video references JO in a graphic and during the audio intro.

Comment

Working...
                              X