X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Unfortunately, from the Tweet I posted, those 57 are still employed by Buffalo PD; just no longer on the emergency management team.
    If I were a voter, I would ask my city council member to fire their asses. No standing up for violence like that. A friend of mine was died when he fell in a very similar manner. Don't hide behind the excuse he tripped- that was totally unneeded. No way to defend that kind of action.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Hopefully those are the ones who are forcing others to not say anything when someone does abuse someone else.

Given the economic crisis out there, 57 fresh career opportunities. Stick around, and I'm sure you can get a good pension. And being new, we can make sure the policies get ingrained into them.
      They didn't resign from the force, just the emergency response team. Whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        They didn't resign from the force, just the emergency response team. Whatever that means.
        It probably means they gave up a little cash too. Most departments incorporate incentive pay for serving on special units. South Bend IN was paying officers $1150/annually to serve as a member of the S.W.A.T. team. The E.R.T. in Buffalo was specifically utilized for crowd control at large events. My guess is this unit consisted of some of the most egregiously meathead acting members of the BPD, and a housecleaning for whatever reasons might be welcome news.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Ahh, I took your reply wrong then. It IS good that these cops will no longer be on the emergency response team.

Its embarrassing how many of them are sticking up for pushing the older guy over, I mean watching the guy trip and fall.
          and then just marching on by.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Hopefully those are the ones who are forcing others to not say anything when someone does abuse someone else.

Given the economic crisis out there, 57 fresh career opportunities. Stick around, and I'm sure you can get a good pension. And being new, we can make sure the policies get ingrained into them.
            Exactly. 59 new members of that unit(those who quit, plus the two suspended), hopefully a good number of whom won't be as scummy as the guys they're replacing.

Put those other guys back in patrol cars, or even ****tier jobs, and fire their asses the first time they **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              As said before, it's a start.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Awesome looking protest in Detroit right now- walking across and back the Belle Isle bridge. Lots of cops among the crowd social distancing from each other.

The TV is interviewing quite a few who drove in from the burbs.

Lots of pride in Detroit in that crowd.
                “The Girl” and I were in-attendance at the protest in Elmira today. ~2,000 people there, and we had a good number of Police join the march. They also assisted in closing-off the streets along the route to traffic. It was a powerful experience. The organizers did a phenomenal job to convey their message. This was not a party. This was not a rally. This was not just another gathering. This was to drive change.

This area of NY is ‘red’... really ‘red’, and I must say I was [pleasantly] surprised to see our Congressman Tom Reed there. I am hopeful that his presence will lead to action and progress, but I have had hopes before. I wanted to get a picture with him and my sign (Edmund Burke quote - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”), but I failed in that quest.

When “the Girl” said she wanted to attend this march, I was not concerned about Police actions... we know the Captain, and he is a great man. I was much more concerned with the ”Y’all-Qaeda” types in this area (and there are many) who feel threatened by this movement. Fortunately, there wasn’t a red hat to be found.
                Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 06-05-2020, 05:55 PM.
                Dave
                RIT - '90

Comment

Translated: "We got caught lying because there is hundreds if not thousands of videos to prove it...so we hope people ignore the fact that we lied and assaulted peaceful protesters and fall for this instead".
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Translated: "We got caught lying because there is hundreds if not thousands of videos to prove it...so we hope people ignore the fact that we lied and assaulted peaceful protesters and fall for this instead".
                    'OK, so teargas was used. But not by us"

Comment

Yeah but what would he know
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                        I was much more concerned with the ”Y’all-Qaeda” types in this area (and there are many) who feel threatened by this movement. Fortunately, there wasn’t a red hat to be found.
                        a.k.a "woodchucks." They start 10 miles outside of every college town upstate. 70% of NY state by area might as well be Cold Alabama.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          a.k.a "woodchucks." They start 10 miles outside of every college town upstate. 70% of NY state by area might as well be Cold Alabama.
                          Oh, man... you are generous!!. Horseheads is only 5-miles from Elmira (Elmira College), and as I sit out-back here on the deck enjoying a nice warm evening and an ice cold Carlsberg, I clearly see two blue dump 2020 flags on-display, and much of my view is shrouded with trees.

Mind you, with two prisons in the area (a Maximum, and a “Maxi-Maximum”), Guards make-up a large chunk of my neighborhood population. Many are “good humans”, some... no-so-much.
                          Dave
                          RIT - '90

Comment

Who had KPop destroying racism? Somebody had a payout on KPop destroying racism right?

(Twitter is weird man)
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Who had KPop destroying racism? Somebody had a payout on KPop destroying racism right?

(Twitter is weird man)
                              2020 gonna 2020.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

"Oh we thought you said bear gas. Wait, ****, those don't rhyme."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X