This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
    (Not that you are making this argument but) Even if he had a viral pneumonia from Covid, a doctor who would strangle a Covid-19 patient in the hospital should and would get charged with murder.
    Agreed. Goes back to "killing someone with underlying conditions is still killing someone."
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

The plethora of videos of cops doing absolutely unimaginable things on Twitter and FB is off the charts. I realize it's always been bad but I just cannot comprehend the level of arrogance, stupidity and downright disregard for humanity that must exist to treat other human beings like this. I remain open that in some cases there may be missing context, but do these jackboots have zero filters or an ability to throttle it back a bit? They go from 0 to 60 so quickly it's amazing we don't hear more about this crap all year long. It makes me sick.

Not a protestor but how the hell does something like this happen?

And then for actual moments dealing with protestors:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        More brave heroes:

edit: Apparently a doctor was arrested for tending to protesters as well. So much for honoring the essential front line workers. DeBlasio is a piece of crap.
        How is that DeBlasio? You think it's his policy to assault doctors? Come on, you sound like the NY Post.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Someone might of posted this already. But MPLS considering disbanding police.

http://www.citypages.com/news/minnea...lice/570993291
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Case closed: https://t.co/fTOqbEcyT8?amp=1

Protest until the changes we need happen.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I've heard many reports that DiBlasio is completely ineffective as mayor in most things but I'm not close enough to the situation to know whether that's true or not. It does seem that Cuomo is getting the lion's share of the credit for NY's response to the various crisis affecting the region while DiBlasio is getting mostly scorn for whatever reason.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Someone might of posted this already. But MPLS considering disbanding police.

http://www.citypages.com/news/minnea...lice/570993291
                City council is uber liberal right now, will be interesting

Comment

Oh.

“ JUST IN: President Trump on Friday declared it a "great day" for George Floyd after the monthly jobs report that showed unemployment falling — except for African Americans — and days of unrest sparked by Floyd's killing.

"Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      City council is uber liberal right now, will be interesting
                      The City council of Mpls has always been uber liberal, at least in our lifetime.

It's a bit disingenuous on their part to sit there and pretend like this isn't their fault. Claiming that their ability to oversee the police in their own city has been constrained due to City Charter is bs. It's their charter. Change it.

Instead, every time one of these cases comes along they react in two very predictable ways: First, they knit their hands and write a big check to the victim or his family, and second they find a new police chief that checks a minority box, whether it's an African American man or a lesbian, or whatever.

But nothing really changes.

They aren't going to disband the police force because doing so would be madness, frankly.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Short of disbanding, they could create a response team alternative for the x% of issues that don't require an armed person show up.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          The City council of Mpls has always been uber liberal, at least in our lifetime.

It's a bit disingenuous on their part to sit there and pretend like this isn't their fault. Claiming that their ability to oversee the police in their own city has been constrained due to City Charter is bs. It's their charter. Change it.

Instead, every time one of these cases comes along they react in two very predictable ways: First, they knit their hands and write a big check to the victim or his family, and second they find a new police chief that checks a minority box, whether it's an African American man or a lesbian, or whatever.

They aren't going to disband the police force because doing so would be madness, frankly.
                          No- the liberal factor was ratcheted up big time last election.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The council members and mayors have tried to make changes, but the police get their undies in a bunch and slow down, presumably at the order of Bob Kroll. Cops have told people to call their council member with complaints regarding response time. They managed to get rid of the "warrior training", just to have Kroll provide it for free. The cops in this town are a mob protection racket with pensions. I'm not saying the council deserves zero blame, but to put all of it on them is also disingenuous.

That said, I agree that completely disbanding the police seems like an awful idea. Sure need a heck of an overhaul, though, because Kroll doesn't keep electing himself at an 80% clip.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Case closed: https://t.co/fTOqbEcyT8?amp=1

Protest until the changes we need happen.
                              I think the picture of the cops dressed for war standing over an old man they just assaulted and seriously injured, and the picture of the cop (also dressed for war) pointing a gun in the direction of a little girl are images that will be looked upon a generation from now as some of the most important images in the history of photography. Those two images, along with one of George Floyd being casually murdered by an immoral cop will frame the arguments for all time. Especially if we survive long enough to effect some lasting, positive change. Those images should burn into people's brains. One says the police can kill anyone at any time for any reason, especially if they are black and unarmed. The other two say if you don't like what the first picture shows we will beat you into submission until you accept that the police will do whatever they want to whomever they want.

I get the need for police and law enforcement. There are bad people who mean to do me harm, and troubled people who end up doing me harm. We have to be able to protect ourselves from those things. But policing in this country is horribly and terribly broken. It needs to be completely re-thought and re-worked. COMPLETELY.

It isn't just a few rotten apples. The trees are rotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                The council members and mayors have tried to make changes, but the police get their undies in a bunch and slow down, presumably at the order of Bob Kroll. Cops have told prone to call their council member with complaints regarding response time. They managed to get rid of the "warrior training", just to have Kroll provide it for free. The cops on this town are a mob protection racket with pensions. I'm not saying the council deserves zero blame, but to put all of it on them is also disingenuous.

That said, I agree that completely disbanding the police seems like an awful idea. Sure need a heck of an overhaul, though, because Kroll doesn't keep electing himself at an 80% clip.
                                I linked tweets the other day from a council member. Just not raising police funds caused police to stop responding to calls in his area, and cops would tell business owners to “call their councilman”. Blackmail by the cops.

Kroll has been the force behind not allowing any changes.

City council may be full of nitwits but this isn’t their fault

Comment

Working...
                                X