X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This is not an attack on cops, it's an attack on the system the cops have to protect.
    This needs to be put on a bumper sticker...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That's actually fascinating. You should get him to post here. The best we can do is guess but he actually knows what's going on. SMEs are good. :-)
      My dad can barely check his email...he is 72 going on 100. He is why I am a Progressive though and why I originally was going to go into law. (along with my cousin Jerry...may he rest in peace) He is an odd contradiction...I should write a book about him some day

He is also super cynical though and doesnt think much will change cause he sees this every 20 years are so. Thinks people (especially White People) are too selfish and self destructive to do what needs to be done. That said he thinks the system is awful and always defends the idea of protesting. He was a big supporter of A.I.M. back in the day and even defended their members a few times.

Ultimately though, he thinks that the need for the public to get their pound of flesh over this will override the usual "cops are basically good" BS juries tend to go with. These cops set the world on fire and someone needs to be made an example of. Also said if he was the attorney and he won he would leave the country and never come back
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I mean, to be fair, when is the last time Timmy saw a black person in lily white Juneau, WI anyway?
        Yesterday at the Pig.

So if black lives matter when it's police brutality, why don't they matter in the streets of Chicago? Ya'll ignoring that article I posted. I wonder why.

This is America. All lives matter.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          No ****, Sherlock.
          That's certainly NOT the narrative right now, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Yesterday at the Pig.

So if black lives matter when it's police brutality, why don't they matter in the streets of Chicago? Ya'll ignoring that article I posted. I wonder why.

No one is ignoring anything. You just dont like that your point didnt land the way you thought it would.

If all lives mattered we wouldnt be here.

You sound like the people who say "Why do we need Black History Month...when is White History Month"?
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Look everyone, Timmy found a white perp abused by the cops! Surely that negates all the statistics that show minorities are subjected to the vast majority of police abuses!
              https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Yesterday at the Pig.

Nobody is ignoring your article, they are pointing out the fallacy in your conclusion that it's not racism.

Yes, there is a police problem, and once we get the violence from the police to be equal in terms of the population, then it's the number 1 problem. Right now, it's very disproportionate to minorities.

Yes, there is violence between people of the same race- but much of that is due to the economic situation that they collectively find themselves due to endemic racism in the first place.

You suggest it's not racism, when it's more than than anything else. That's where you are wrong.

Comment

Yay pure numbers.

According to the census, just over 76% of the population identifies white, just under 13.5% black. That's almost 6:1.

The shootings are 2:1 white, when the population is 6:1 white. Which means that black people are ~3x more likely to get shot and killed by a cop. The same ratio for Hispanic is less than than that, but the odds are far worse than a white person.

And when you look at the prisons, the disparity is there, too- 13% of the total population, and 40% of the prison population.

Same pattern when it comes to executions.

how is that not a race problem?

edit- the uncertainty of the data is very high on your website since about 20% of the victims' race is unknown.

Comment

Many white people (and a few black people) will never accept that the status quo is inherently racist the same way many men (and a few women) could not accept that the system was inherently sexist. And this is multiplied 100x for conservatives. They have a deep psychological need to see That Which Is as That Which Is Right. It's only a coincidence that they're on the top of the pile and everything benefits them.

I doubt Timothy is a bigot. He's just clueless about how much racism there is and what its effects are, and he doesn't understand that neutrality and race-blindness in the face of a significantly racist status quo perpetuates racism and benefits the oppressor. I'm sure the courtiers at Versailles in 1789 were like that. It's not that they were dicks, it's that they were so insulated from the practical consequences of the monstrous system they benefited from that they could, with a pure heart, stand up and quietly explain to the rioters why they were in the wrong and should disperse.

Timothy will go the guillotine rock-hard in his righteousness. He is a product of asymmetric information.

Last edited by Kepler; 06-03-2020, 03:33 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          This needs to be put on a bumper sticker...
                          It's a little wordy for a bumper sticker.

Need to shorten it. Maybe these guys have a catchy slogan?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            That's certainly NOT the narrative right now, is it?
                            People like you also get upset the disabled parking lot aren't for you.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Or mean girls in high school. Same principle.

You know what they say on the streets. Gang violence is the biggest threat to the community and the biggest, most heavily armed gang is the cops.

"Nice black neighborhood you got here. Be a shame if something 'appened to it."
                              That’s one of things in The Warriors, the cops were just another gang they had to fight to get home.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                What is BCA?

And why these guys haven't already been arrested is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                                X