This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Oh I certainly don't blame them for being upset with Brees. It's obviously different for me, I am white. I can understand what Brees meant. But he should then understand his black teammates being upset.
    I may understand him, but I also vigorously disagree. I have no problem with kneeling as a protest. The whole honor the military is fabricated BS to me. Picking and choosing who can talk.

Comment

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

Is drew that beholden to the Bible thumpers who are maga?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        No, the lgbt council member. And I can’t find the name...
        Oh! Philippe Cunningham? He's awesome, and my council member!
        Last edited by state of hockey; 06-03-2020, 08:58 PM.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Brees is the very embodiment of white male privilege. Plus he's filthy fcking rich, so he can say whatever dumba55 sh*t he wants and never suffer any actual consequences from it.

Comment

Park Police have their chopper out again tonight, spending it's time circling the White House and coming in on Lafayette Park.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-03-2020, 09:01 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Is drew that beholden to the Bible thumpers who are maga?
              He did a video for Focus on the Family. He claimed ignorance to their anti-LGBT agenda, which includes conversion therapy. After backlash, he said he didn't support them.

Not socially related, but he was also a spokesperson for AdvoCare, which was legally ruled a pyramid scheme in 2019. He also got scammed investing in jewelry for appreciating worth. He eventually had to sue to recoup some money from a jeweler.

He doesn't make great decisions is what I'm getting at.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The kneeling doesn't bother me either. In fact, we're talking about sports. Get rid of the anthem entirely. But I am sure that would upset a lot of people!

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Oh! Philippe Cunningham? He's awesome.
                  YES! Thank you. And whoever he represents, you are very lucky!

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Brees is the very embodiment of white male privilege. Plus he's filthy fcking rich, so he can say whatever dumba55 sh*t he wants and never suffer any actual consequences from it.
                      What consequences should he face for what he said?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        What consequences should he face for what he said?
                        Well, he'll lose the confidence of his teammates, and since he's old enough, ownership might just cut him and their losses if enough fans boycott the team. Not likely, but it's possible.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          The kneeling doesn't bother me either. In fact, we're talking about sports. Get rid of the anthem entirely. But I am sure that would upset a lot of people!
                          Not me. I know a lot of "I wish I had Served But I was Too Chicken****" types though who would go nuts. Considering half the crowd insults the flag and the anthem every game way more than Kap and the players ever did it is all hypocritical anyways.

I am sure Drew Brees is actually a very thoughtful and great guy...he just never thinks because he let Jesus take the wheel. That is fine...but methinks if things dont clear up the new Bountygate will be on him.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            Well, he'll lose the confidence of his teammates, and since he's old enough, ownership might just cut him and their losses if enough fans boycott the team. Not likely, but it's possible.
                            They just signed him...that would be paying him a lot of money to go away. And we all know NFL fans dont give a flying **** what their players do as long as they win. They can beat/rape women, beat children, take drugs, commit burglary, help cover up a murder...it doesnt matter.

Unless they take a knee...then **** them cause 'MURICA! NFL fans (and college football) are some of the most awful people around.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Not me. I know a lot of "I wish I had Served But I was Too Chicken****" types though who would go nuts. Considering half the crowd insults the flag and the anthem every game way more than Kap and the players ever did it is all hypocritical anyways.

I am sure Drew Brees is actually a very thoughtful and great guy...he just never thinks because he let Jesus take the wheel. That is fine...but methinks if things dont clear up the new Bountygate will be on him.
                              Yeah, I'd agree with that. I was always one to stand and place my hand (or hat) over my heart, and since I can't sing worth sh*, I stayed silent (folks who sing along, more power to 'em).

And Brees will mo' def have a target on him because of it. Not to injure, but maybe hit juuuuuuuuuuuust a bit harder, or juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit later than necessary.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X