This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

I apologize if this was posted earlier but can these cops be charged for the wonton destruction here?

https://www.citizen-times.com/videos...ea/3133824001/

Really, they should be dismissed because they don’t have the temperament to be people who abide by “To Protect And Serve” unless they add a comma and the name “Palpatine” at the end of that little motto.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      He was part of the Obama Town Hall. Had some amazing ideas, and data to show that they worked. Would much rather solve the reasons for domestic violence than add more cops as the calls increase. As in go after the problem than add more bandaids.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Did you hear Torii Hunter's story? Happened in LA but it totally could have happened in MPLS. It's nuts.
        Yeah I posted it in Part 8 I believe.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Did Brees get asked about BLM and what happened to George Floyd or just the anthem/kneeling? Brees has done a lot since Katrina to help New Orleans where I believe 60% of the population is black. My guess is he's ultimately for the cause of BLM but just doesn't like the kneeling during the anthem because of what that moment means to him. I really don't have an issue with that. The kneeling doesn't bother me but I can understand where Brees is coming from. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a racist. And I also understand that taking a knee was to protest police brutality and not the flag itself. But I didn't hear the whole interview so maybe I missed some other quotes.

Tough road ahead for him now though with his teammates ****ed at him.
          If I remember correctly he was asked about kneeling only but I only read a recap.

It isnt like Brees hasnt had controversy before...

Look he has a right to his opinion, but I think it is completely ridiculous to say that kneeling during the anthem is an insult to the flag or service people. It is double ridiculous since that was the form of protest a lot of the now "outraged" conservatives said would be acceptable before Kap did it. I am not one to claim everything is racist but a lot of this is straight up because a Black Man did it. (not saying Brees thinks that...just NFL fans) Every Vet I know seems to have no issue with it.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not familiar with the other controversy, just that he's done a lot of good post Katrina. From what I know I just don't think Brees falls into that racist label. But considering he's an active player, gonna be fascinating to see how it unfolds for him.

Comment

It really doesn’t matter what we think of Brees. It’s what his teammates think. And they are very hurt. Given the recent manufacture of what standing means, and from who, I don’t blame them for being very hurt.

Comment

Did Brees get asked about BLM and what happened to George Floyd or just the anthem/kneeling? Brees has done a lot since Katrina to help New Orleans where I believe 60% of the population is black. My guess is he's ultimately for the cause of BLM but just doesn't like the kneeling during the anthem because of what that moment means to him. I really don't have an issue with that. The kneeling doesn't bother me but I can understand where Brees is coming from. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a racist. And I also understand that taking a knee was to protest police brutality and not the flag itself. But I didn't hear the whole interview so maybe I missed some other quotes.

Tough road ahead for him now though with his teammates ****ed at him.
                White people weren't the only ones with grandparents serving in WWII. Black people whose grandparents served came back to another two decades of Jim Crow, another three decades of redlining (the fallout of which is still felt today), and even today have to continue to fight to do something as simple as vote.

He may not be racist, but as Malcolm Jenkins said, he is incredibly self centered.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  He was part of the Obama Town Hall. Had some amazing ideas, and data to show that they worked. Would much rather solve the reasons for domestic violence than add more cops as the calls increase. As in go after the problem than add more bandaids.
                  Who? You can't be talking about Bob Kroll. No way he is favor of any of the things you mentioned.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    It really doesn’t matter what we think of Brees. It’s what his teammates think. And they are very hurt. Given the recent manufacture of what standing means, and from who, I don’t blame them for being very hurt.
                    Oh I certainly don't blame them for being upset with Brees. It's obviously different for me, I am white. I can understand what Brees meant. But he should then understand his black teammates being upset.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Who? You can't be talking about Bob Kroll. No way he is favor of any of the things you mentioned.
                      Like I said, sounds like it was par for the course with him.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Like I said, sounds like it was par for the course with him.
                        Whoever said his dna is 25% skoll was dead on

Comment

You don't say?

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            No, the lgbt council member. And I can’t find the name...

Comment

Right wing extremists, left wing extremists...we have plenty of morons all over the place. I am thankful I don't live in one of these big cities.

Comment

Not familiar with the other controversy, just that he's done a lot of good post Katrina. From what I know I just don't think Brees falls into that racist label. But considering he's an active player, gonna be fascinating to see how it unfolds for him.
                                https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...especting-flag

Originally posted by Malcolm Jenkins
                                "Our communities are under siege and we need help," Jenkins said in the deleted video. "And what you're telling us is don't ask for help that way, ask for it a different way. I can't listen to it when you ask that way. We're done asking, Drew. And people who share your sentiments, who express those, and push them throughout the world, the airwaves, are the problem.

"And it's unfortunate because I considered you a friend. I looked up to you. You're somebody who I had a great deal of respect for. But sometimes you should shut the f--- up."
                                And see that is the thing. Read the flipping room. It is friggin easy to cut a check...plenty of athletes (even jerkoffs) do that all the time. But when you basically devalue the protest using BS talking points you just look bad. Sometimes it is best to just not comment and move on.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X