X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    So I haven't been paying attention in detail to his actions of the past few days, but why the daily trips to churches? Have they announced some sort of reasoning or theme, or are they just doing it unannounced at random?
    Internal polling shows his religious base is losing enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Internal polling shows his religious base is losing enthusiasm.
      If only.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        What do you think would happen? Play it out.
        I am...it is a ****ing horrible idea. Ranks right up there with the Anarchy Government Clowns.

No one as educated as you could honestly believe this is a good idea unless A) they live in a gated community with security or B) never actually go outside and talk to people or see what is actually going on.

But if you want to volunteer to do it in your town have at it. Please live stream it
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm asking you what would happen. Do you think the streets would run red with blood or something?

I'm trying to get at something. We intuitively feel that policing decreases violence, but is that empirically verifiable?

This isn't a libertarian "the government does not have the authority durr" argument. Resolved: we have the authority to establish police. But... should we?
          Last edited by Kepler; 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I'm asking you what would happen. Do you think the streets would run red with blood or something?
            Your neighbor with the AR-15 appoints himself as night watch. Shoots anyone darker than a slight suntan who wanders by.

Comment

Your neighbor with the AR-15 appoints himself as night watch. Shoots anyone darker than a slight suntan who wanders by.
              The elimination of police does not end laws. It is still illegal for my neighbor to appoint himself The Night's Watch or The King's Guard or any other NRA Medieval Times LARP fantasy.

There are still sheriffs and marshals. There is still law enforcement. But we don't have proactive patrols looking for (and creating) trouble.
              Cornell University

Comment

Neighbors on the shadier side decide they will then appoint themselves as regulators to fight back. Bougie Liberals and ******nozzle GOPers will watch from a distance and then flee like babies when the Poors show up at their door.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The elimination of police does not end laws. It is still illegal for my neighbor to appoint himself The Night's Watch or The King's Guard or any other NRA Medieval Times LARP fantasy.

There are still sheriffs and marshals. There is still law enforcement. But we don't have proactive patrols looking for (and creating) trouble.
                  So you're a constitutionalist. Got it.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What did the police in Philly do yesterday? They even posed for pictures with those w-anchors.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

So Barr is the one who ordered the police to clear the park so Trump could waddle to the Church that doesnt want him around...well that should go over well.

Oh and:

DC is gonna burn.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 06-02-2020, 03:43 PM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know we didn't need more evidence that he isn't the people's attorney, but good grief.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

So, no police departments. What happens?

First, Richie Rich's hire their own personal protection and are theoretically untouched by crime, particularly when they hire all the now former police officers.

Middle class people who can't afford such niceties arm themselves because they can at least afford that and put up signs saying "this property protected by a firearm" or some such threatening message. They also press state officials in every state to pass shoot on sight laws.

So, that leaves the poor law abiding citizens taking it in the shorts. They're at the mercy of criminals who cannot be trusted to behave on their own. Their property and businesses will be regularly raided particularly the elderly and disabled who don't have the same ability to fight back.

I think I'll skip this world and just concentrate on weeding out and prosecuting bad cops.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X