• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Hmmm...maybe a little bit of an overreaction here?
      we definitely should start with demilitarize the police. No armored vehicles. No riot shields and helmets. Half of them shouldn't even be carrying guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I wish an American city had the balls to simply disband the police.

There were no police for half of this nation's history.
        Citizen militia to patrol their neighborhoods

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Interesting cross-section of comments at Free Republic with a surprising range of opinions. Everything from your standard racist cant about the drug metabolites in his system, to a shocking number of Freepers who agree the officer was at fault and are ready to lock him up, to conspiracy theories about the second autopsy being bought to find the results the family wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            we definitely should start with demilitarize the police. No armored vehicles. No riot shields and helmets. Half of them shouldn't even be carrying guns.
            I agree except for the helmets part of it. Thought the Boston PD was appropriately equipped for the event. They weren't out in body armor and driving tanks but I can't blame them for wearing helmets when anarchists showed up to the protest with bricks in their backpacks. They also seemed to be carrying long batons as opposed to riot shields.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Citizen militia to patrol their neighborhoods
            Somebody let me know when the police force is disbanded in Kep's municipality. I'll be sure to stop by his gated community and start helping myself the next time I'm in town. I hear that Maserati his wife bought him is a sweet ride...
            Last edited by Rover; 06-02-2020, 01:48 PM.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Interesting cross-section of comments at Free Republic with a surprising range of opinions. Everything from your standard racist cant about the drug metabolites in his system, to a shocking number of Freepers who agree the officer was at fault and are ready to lock him up, to conspiracy theories about the second autopsy being bought to find the results the family wanted.
              Ive never thought of coroner's as reputable people. So nothing surprises me about their reports.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                This country is a cesspool. The America we were taught about in school is a fallacy. A dream, because quoting G. Carlin, “you have to be asleep to believe it”.

The dream doesn’t reconcile with reality and never has.

Time to start over.
                Statement 3 does not follow from 1 and 2.

Revolution is cute and all, but it rarely actually improves things for the Poors. I do not want to trade a system of laws corrupted by money for a system of personalities and ideology. I want to take the current system and radically reform it. I don't want to chuck it in the trash because then we lose 250-or-so years of progress towards a more perfect union.

America would be a pretty good country if it wasn't biased towards (1) money and (2) rural white racist hayseeds. If we can concentrate on eliminating the power of the former and reducing the power of the latter to their population with no f-cking farm fresh eggs bonus, we go a long way towards destroying fascism as a viable force and restoring a vibrant, progressive, liberal, humane, civilized country.

You don't burn down the house just because your downstairs neighbors are as-sholes.

You evict them.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  I’m fine with them carrying a Glock 17 and wearing a bulletproof proof vest, but they shouldn’t have much more. Definitely no tasers.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

No, they should definitely have tasers. The thing is to have them used more often than their guns.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      No, they should definitely have tasers. The thing is to have them used more often than their guns.
                      I think they use them to abuse people a lot more often than they use them instead of a gun.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        So I haven't been paying attention in detail to his actions of the past few days, but why the daily trips to churches? Have they announced some sort of reasoning or theme, or are they just doing it unannounced at random?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I wish an American city had the balls to simply disband the police.

There were no police for half of this nation's history.
                          Not my city...good lord that is a Trump level horrible idea.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Not my city...good lord that is a Trump level horrible idea.
                            What do you think would happen? Play it out.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              So I haven't been paying attention in detail to his actions of the past few days, but why the daily trips to churches? Have they announced some sort of reasoning or theme, or are they just doing it unannounced at random?
                              To show he is a religious man. He is trying to show his actions are just because he is doing it in the name of God.

Of courses the Churches are telling him to stay away because he might burst into flames...but he doesnt care about what the Church thinks only that he gets his ****ing photo op for his sycophants to jerk off to.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Last night the OAN anchor said the protesters are an attack on god. Dump already wrapped himself in the flag; now he's carrying a cross.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X