X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

Ice Cube is too busy making family films

So Pete Carroll decided he would praise Colin Kaepernick for taking a stand...it didnt go over well.

Lets just say the fact that A) Carroll didnt sign Kap in 2017 when he had a chance to is brought up A LOT and B) the stupidity of ESPN having 3 White Coaches talking about race is hardly lost on twitter.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      What is BCA?

And why these guys haven't already been arrested is beyond me.
      Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

They havent been arrested because of procedural stuff. It isnt a very cut and dried thing...though it should be.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        That's certainly NOT the narrative right now, is it?
        It's a good part of the narrative. Pay attention.

And yes, a large part of the narrative also is that these bad cops you say we need to get rid of, have a higher incidence rate of performing those bad acts on people of color.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Yesterday at the Pig.

So if black lives matter when it's police brutality, why don't they matter in the streets of Chicago? Ya'll ignoring that article I posted. I wonder why.

This is America. All lives matter.
          Of course they do. And police brutality does affect white people too. But bringing that up now is like going to a village where the kids are so malnourished you can see their skeleton and saying "I'm starving" because you haven't eaten since breakfast.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Also said if he was the attorney and he won he would leave the country and never come back
            At this point, if I were a juror voting to acquit those guys, I'd change my name, leave the country, and never come back even if the defense did successfully argue there isn't enough evidence and witnesses to convict (and I think there clearly is, which is why I don't belong on said jury ).

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Ice Cube is too busy making family films
              And this...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I doubt Timothy is a bigot.
                If you can't judge a white man by the nature of his posts, than Kepler you're a better man than I.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  People like you also get upset the disabled parking lot aren't for you.
                  And by LGBTQ Ally/Safe Zone stickers.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Black History Month
                    Hispanic Heritage Night at the ballpark
                    Sporting events being broadcast in languages other than English...
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      He's really going to be upset when he finds out SB came out, started transition, and became Miss Thundercat.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          They're ICE.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              In case you need this...just in case...

Thanks for posting that, I considered blowing it off, but I didn't and watched.

And actually felt better after it was all over. No blaming, no condemning anyone, nothing like that. All about solutions. From short term to the long terms- and very much data driven solutions. I can't recall the nice name, but there are 8 steps that can be taken today that reduces police violence by 75%. They have been implemented and work.

dumpy will hate the whole thing, as he was not mentioned a single time. It was not brought up a single time that he undid many of the reform plans- instead he called for mayors to step in and just implement the ideas. For timmy- most of the emphasis was on police violence in general. But it was recognized that if you are black, you are 3x to be the victim.

One of the town hall was a MSP City Council member. Who outlined many of the ideas that make a better neighborhood. Actually, he will have the one item that r's will jump all over- the basis of their ideas is - What will it take to have a community that does not need the police? And then work back from that point. Focusing on the reasons police are needed, and addressing those reasons specifically- instead of just adding more officers.

It was actually VERY encouraging seeing that town hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Ads from the Lincoln Project are showing up on TV here- the one I saw was asking why people are flying the flag of a losing country, and losing generals are highlighted as something special. All at dumpy rallies.

Comment

Working...
                                X