X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 9: You Are What Now?

Suck it Bob Kroll.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      So I haven't been paying attention in detail to his actions of the past few days, but why the daily trips to churches? Have they announced some sort of reasoning or theme, or are they just doing it unannounced at random?
      Playing to the evangelicals. He's the god-fearing righteous man being besieged by those godless black and brown heathens bent on violence and destruction. He will be their savior, and protect them from the evil-doers.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I can understand Kepler’s sentiment though I wouldn’t be so *waves hands* dooshy about it.

I can see disbanding all the local and county level police/sheriffs and running everything at the state level. It would help to eliminate a lot of the problems like the “policing for our budget” s- like in Ferguson and the “I got fired but hired in the next town over” problem. It would also cut out rich suburbs from creating their own PDs to “keep the riff raff out”.

Though the possibility of having huge problems with racial bias and other associated problems still exists. Though giving the State Legislators more oversight into policing isn’t terrible.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          So Barr is the one who ordered the police to clear the park so Trump could waddle to the Church that doesnt want him around...well that should go over well.

Oh and:

DC is gonna burn.
          Meanwhile, while Barr is thanking them for their cooperation in the operation, Esper and Milley are in the media saying they had no idea that attacks of force were happening.

Comment

I dont trust half the states to fund and run a competent police department. Not to mention you really think the racist twats wont find their way onto said State run force? Shifting which entity in charge wont fix the issue.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              guess Trump's gonna be appointing a new Air Force Chief of Staff.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                guess Trump's gonna be appointing a new Air Force Chief of Staff.
                Yeah that was my first thought as well.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I can understand Kepler’s sentiment though I wouldn’t be so *waves hands* dooshy about it.

I can see disbanding all the local and county level police/sheriffs and running everything at the state level. It would help to eliminate a lot of the problems like the “policing for our budget” s- like in Ferguson and the “I got fired but hired in the next town over” problem. It would also cut out rich suburbs from creating their own PDs to “keep the riff raff out”.

Though the possibility of having huge problems with racial bias and other associated problems still exists. Though giving the State Legislators more oversight into policing isn’t terrible.
                  Sheriff is an elected position, so theoretically, if the sheriff is terrible/racist/whatever, vote him out.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I'm asking you what would happen. Do you think the streets would run red with blood or something?

I'm trying to get at something. We intuitively feel that policing decreases violence, but is that empirically verifiable?

This isn't a libertarian "the government does not have the authority durr" argument. Resolved: we have the authority to establish police. But... should we?
                    I don't think most people have any idea of the volume of calls that police officers handle during a shift, and what would happen if they weren't there to respond. Domestic fights, someone comes home at midnight and sees their front door kicked open, missing kid, collision between cars in the middle of a busy intersection, etc...

Every single instance of a George Floyd getting killed is horrible, and no matter how many names that you think you can come up with who were similarly treated, it is still an extraordinarily tiny fraction of those events we ask police to get involved in. The fact that it's a tiny, tiny fraction of events doesn't make them less significant or horrible, but I don't think the correct response to those would be to just eliminate police forces.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I dont trust half the states to fund and run a competent police department. Not to mention you really think the racist twats wont find their way onto said State run force? Shifting which entity in charge wont fix the issue.
                      It centralizes the leadership and the point of political oversight, it’s not perfect but it’s better than the patchwork of local police and sheriff departments that answer to whoever runs that particular patch of turf.

It would some serious work to make it happen but with enough laws regarding training requirements, conduct and operational requirements and regulations it could happen.

I realize it’s not the best idea but i would think it would be better than what we have now.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Sheriff is an elected position, so theoretically, if the sheriff is terrible/racist/whatever, vote him out.
                        Problem is the people who live in that area who like the fact their sheriff is terrible and racist.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Wow. Can't lie. I laughed.

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Wow. Can't lie. I laughed.

Me too. It's just too over the top not too. I mean, the halo over the pretzel and all.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I laughed too. That's good.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Also apparently the halo is part of their actual logo, which is kinda weird, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X