RPI 2020-21...Up Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2020-21...Up Up!

Looking forward to this team picking itself up off the mat.

https://giphy.com/gifs/hyperrpg-twit...vQdnCNH3wskxQu
    Last edited by hab; 05-30-2020, 09:00 PM.

Re: RPI 2020-21...Up Up!

Lets hope there is a full 2020-21 season. I'm cautiously optimistic it will happen. Team looks to be very young. Lets see if they have some surprises in store.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
      Looking forward to this team picking itself up off the mat.

https://giphy.com/gifs/hyperrpg-twit...vQdnCNH3wskxQu
      Quite honestly that's unlikely. I don't think there's a chance they reach double digit wins.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Quite honestly that's unlikely. I don't think there's a chance they reach double digit wins.
        I would be happy with one digit

Comment

I would be happy with one digit
          Seriously, my hopes for the team are modest. Single digits for wins would be fine, provided that we see that the coaching staff is building a foundation for the future. I want to see skill development for the returning players and some exciting contributions from freshmen. In almost all previous seasons the primary objective was to make the playoffs. It would be nice if that happened this year, but unlikely. And of course, above all, one has to just hope that the players have a great experience at the tute.
          Last edited by hab; 05-31-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Seriously, my hopes for the team are modest. Single digits for wins would be fine, provided that we see that the coaching staff is building a foundation for the future. I want to see skill development for the returning players and some exciting contributions from freshmen. In almost all previous seasons the primary objective was to make the playoffs. It would be nice if that happened this year, but unlikely. And of course, above all, one has to just hope that the players have a great experience at the tute.
            I would pick something in between as a goal for this season -- out of the ECAC cellar.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not finish last in ECAC, this year's freshman show clear improvement as sophomores, a surprise or two in this year's freshman class for goal scoring, and then start to make serious noise in 2021. That class looks to be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                Not finish last in ECAC, this year's freshman show clear improvement as sophomores, a surprise or two in this year's freshman class for goal scoring, and then start to make serious noise in 2021. That class looks to be very good.
                I agree that the 2021 class as it now stands looks better than the 2020 one.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It looks to be a major upgrade in 2021 in terms of talent. I'd go so far as to say program defining. NZ has 2020 with 1 3.75 star, 3 3.5 and 4 3.25. 3.33 star average which puts it only above RIT / Lindenwood / Union / Yale. A lot of bodies but not sure how much talent. 2021 has 1 4.25 star, 2 3.75 and 2 3.5. 3.75 star average and in the top 10 by average star ranking. Equal to Northeastern, Colgate and other very competitive programs. Would have to assume 2021 is pretty much picked over in terms of top talent so a very good place to be. At least the recruiting seems to have picked up.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      That's a great article. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

She seemed to play only about half the season this year - was she injured? A quick look and last year she had nearly as many goals as the entire team had this year. Seemed like the offensive difference maker the team needed. Nice article and time to put that RPI degree(s)! to use!

Comment

New goalie to replace Nystrom
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Elite Prospects page for JM https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...51/jaden-mirek

This is what will appear when I next post the recruit list on the men's page.
                            34 Jaden Mirek # G 06/02/20 Milwaukee Jr. Admls. 19U (TIEHL) 2020 05/12/02 6'00" 145 Grafton, WI x.xx

NZ has not rated her. The 6/2/20 date was from Elite Prospects.

Edit: 5/23/20 from https://www.collegecommitments.com/C...x?x7cq9=FEMALE
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-10-2020, 03:32 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just sent an email to Dr. McElroy about the women's hockey program and asking why Bryan Vines is still the head coach. Here is a link to what I sent https://www.dropbo*****/s/bk8c8aebeg...lroy.docx?dl=0

If you want to make your discontent with keeping Vines known, I would recommend sending similar emails.

Comment

Working...
                              X