X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Of course, but both sides are so dug in now that the Rs will masturbate themselves to that and the Ds will also say DIAF.

So, will it have any effect at all? You guys know better than anybody. My impression where I live is there is no political movement possible anymore. Alignment is frozen. Turn out is all that matters.
    I would say Frey is toast. Walz...his actions on the 'rona does help him, I think. Right now for me, it's a wash on him.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Shots fired at the state troopers. No one injured.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

NYC has been slowly disarming it's cops and returning them to human-scale law enforcement rather than paramilitary cosplayers. They realized that storm troopers make a peaceful situation violent and a violent situation a war zone. I'd like to see all the podunk forces be disarmed too.
        Well our police is not engaging and half the city is still burning. But people aren't dead so there is that...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sorry, pentagon has military police on alert

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I would say Frey is toast. Walz...his actions on the 'rona does help him, I think. Right now for me, it's a wash on him.
            Which one is pretty? That's Frey, right?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mayor mcdreamy

Comment

Yes, Frey is the Dempsey-Trudeau hybrid.

I agree, Walz can still save face. Frey is a goner, he's smart I bet he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  Walz has two years I believe...by then hindsight will play into this. He said "lives are more important than buildings" and hindsight will prove him right. Unless he gets primaried I think he is fine.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I read police procedurals. That issue has been an evergreen storyline in them since the 1940s.

It's esprit de corps. They view themselves as at war with these communities, and you don't snitch on the guy next to you in the foxhole.

I'll bet the the Minneapolis PD was 100% black it would be the same. It's not a racism thing, it's a thin blue line thing and it's never, ever, ever going to change.
                    Kep it is mostly a racism thing. To a certain extent the police need esprit de corps to do some of the things that all of us agree need to be done sometimes. I am as anti cop as anyone on this board and even I would allow that. The problem today in policing is the white supremacy that has made what was already a justice system that suffers from 400 years of institutionalized racism even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Yes, Frey is the Dempsey-Trudeau hybrid.

I agree, Walz can still save face. Frey is a goner, he's smart I bet he knows it.
                      I still think Trudeau is dumber...but yeah Frey best start reaching out for private sector jobs.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Sorry, pentagon has military police on alert
                          Interesting.

DC metro area has a gazillion levels of LEO (Capital Police, secret service, FBI, DC Metro police, even the national park service, and then the state and locals for the MD and VA surrounding areas). There's usually more cops at protests than protesters.

I think the MPs only have jurisdiction on base. I'm embarrassed to admit this because I've been there a hundred times, but I don't know whether the Pentagon is technically a base for those purposes. The nice young men with the holy sh-t scary f-cking guns at the Pentagon are a completely separate DOD entity (the Pentagon police).
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2020, 12:28 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            That is my cousins store...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              Kep it is mostly a racism thing. To a certain extent the police need esprit de corps to do some of the things that all of us agree need to be done sometimes. I am as anti cop as anyone on this board and even I would allow that. The problem today in policing is the white supremacy that has made what was already a justice system that suffers from 400 years of institutionalized racism even worse.
                              The racism drives the initial crime of course but the cover-up is institutional self-centeredness. For example, while NYC cops are very good at raping and murdering black civilians they also rape and murder a fair number of white civilians, and when they do they all cover for each other. So it isn't race, unless you think of the cops as the blue race.
                              Cornell University

Comment

This council member is smart. He clearly thinks that he knows a better way but he's not going to step on all the toes above him on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X