X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Perhaps it's time to have a serious conversation about changing the culture of police unions? Seems to me that's where the unwritten code of not snitching on fellow officers who do wrong stems from.
    Everyone else in America outside of MLB got their unions nerfed. That's long past overdue.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Moved from the closed thread in response to Rube:

Comprehend what - that this rarely if ever happens? When are we going to see widespread instances of cops stepping in to stop abuses by their partners rather than it being condemned after the fact? Stop deflecting and defending these guys like Pavlov's dog hearing a bell. "What, someone disparaged a cop? I'm Brent and off to their rescue".

Screw that Brent - these guys need to start doing the right thing when it matters. Before it's too late. Yet here we are because no one had the presence of mind out of 4 cops - 100% of those on scene - to do the right thing. But you want me to comprehend that it might have been different if it was 4 other cops because all we have are examples of that happening over and over. Right?

Comment

Perhaps it's time to have a serious conversation about changing the culture of police unions? Seems to me that's where the unwritten code of not snitching on fellow officers who do wrong stems from.
        Oh we are years behind in that conversation

Jesus the troopers look like soldiers. I am not sure this is what people wanted. Troopers in riot gear with weapons. Their restraint is not limitless and something bad will happen.

The fire department is stretched thin there is a three hour wait for help.

DGF Kessler is talking again about what the plan is. Things are ramping up starting now. The fifth is the first show of force.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

People took natty ice beer while looting??

Comment

I wonder when Dump will send in the Army as a political stunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              People took natty ice beer while looting??
              But not Diet Coke.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is Bob Krolls wife broadcasting? Not interested in hearing from Anyone married to such a piece of shiat
                Not that I have seen. Frank, Amelia, Mike Max, Pat Kessler and a few other male reporters. By accident Max ended up right in the thick of it and got gassed.

Cops are moving and the riots are dead there.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Moved from the closed thread in response to Rube:

Comprehend what - that this rarely if ever happens? When are we going to see widespread instances of cops stepping in to stop abuses by their partners rather than it being condemned after the fact? Stop deflecting and defending these guys like Pavlov's dog hearing a bell. "What, someone disparaged a cop? I'm Brent and off to their rescue".

Screw that Brent - these guys need to start doing the right thing when it matters. Before it's too late. Yet here we are because no one had the presence of mind out of 4 cops - 100% of those on scene - to do the right thing. But you want me to comprehend that it might have been different if it was 4 other cops because all we have are examples of that happening over and over. Right?
                  And it is changing. It's a slow change, but it is changing. Noor, this, it's happening. It's not flipping a switch. We're changing a psyche AND fighting poor recruitment (due to various factors, a lotta meatheads are on the force right now).

My point is the MAJORITY of the cops are good. That is why it is news. Bad cops are rare(r). Plane crashes vs car crashes. Really think about it.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I wonder when Dump will send in the Army as a political stunt.
                    When it's all over in a week or two...then he and his supporters will claim he squashed it, saving the state while the evil Democrats stood by and did nothing.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Oh we are years behind in that conversation

Jesus the troopers look like soldiers. I am not sure this is what people wanted. Troopers in riot gear with weapons.
                      NYC has been slowly disarming it's cops and returning them to human-scale law enforcement rather than paramilitary cosplayers. They realized that storm troopers make a peaceful situation violent and a violent situation a war zone. I'd like to see all the podunk forces be disarmed too.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Unions are made up of their members. if the union sucks its because the members suck. If cops could be trusted to do the right thing on any given day their union would function like it should on most days. I have been tasked to represent members who have done some pretty reprehensible things (nothing of the likes of what your average killer cop mind you) but for the most part, members of unions I have worked for have not been interested in protecting people who do truly reprehensible things. So I am seeking due process, fair hearings, appropriate discipline. If the cops were right in the head, their unions probably would be too.

Comment

Apparently US military on standby

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            When it's all over in a week or two...then he and his supporters will claim he squashed it, saving the state while the evil Democrats stood by and did nothing.
                            Of course, but both sides are so dug in now that the Rs will masturbate themselves to that and the Ds will say DIAF; status quo ante.

So, will it have any effect at all? You guys know better than anybody. My impression where I live is there is no political movement between parties possible anymore. Alignment is frozen. Either you're okay with Nazism or you're not. Turn-out is all that matters and decides every election.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2020, 12:15 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              And it is changing. It's a slow change, but it is changing. Noor, this, it's happening. It's not flipping a switch. We're changing a psyche AND fighting poor recruitment (due to various factors, a lotta meatheads are on the force right now).

My point is the MAJORITY of the cops are good. That is why it is news. Bad cops are rare(r). Plane crashes vs car crashes. Really think about it.
                              This? What has changed from, "this"? And don't treat me like an idiot - no one expects a switch to be flipped but cops stepping in to stop their partners from committing crimes should be the norm not the exception. It should have already happened a long time ago. But it's not happening not even yet.

I don't give a ****** what % of cops are good. I don't hate cops. A very good friend of mine from H.S. is Scott Gerlacher - very high ranking official with the MPD. My best friend's twin nephews are both Mpls cops that started in Brooklyn Center. I don't hate cops and you've seen me step in for their defense here when it's warranted.

Stop deflecting.

It's not happening.

At all.

Comment

Apparently US military on standby
                                Good luck with that.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X