X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Read somewhere the cops are doing contact tracing of the people they arrest. Pretty sure if they're white nationalist aligned, we'll be finding that out soon enough.
    That is also what I have heard. They want to find out everything about those arrested.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Aren’t you saying you just want the protesting to stop? I honestly think if we are ever to see any change it’s going to be messy and uncomfortable. Peaceful protest is a waste of time and isn’t going to change anything.
      He wants to see the destruction stop. There's a difference.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        White supremacists burning grocery stores isn’t helping, either
        Drew likes those guys. Just good ol' patriotic Americans, exercising their Constitutional rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          He wants to see the destruction stop. There's a difference.
          I think that attitude is why nothing ever changes. It isn’t going to come easy.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

So, Barr says the outsiders bent on destruction are Far Left? How in the **** does he know that? Is he saying that can't be both? Mixed in together? People that love breaking ****?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think that attitude is why nothing ever changes. It isn’t going to come easy.
              I ain't got the time or effort to search back through your posts regarding such stuff as Black Lives Matter, the protests against Wall Street, the protests in Portland Oregon and the Seattle region, the protests against the keystone Pipeline, and Ferguson, and Trayvon Martin, and others, but I'm gonna wager a small guess that your attitude towards those was just a tad bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                That is also what I have heard. They want to find out everything about those arrested.
                I can see significant value in that information, but does it give you any trepidation about how it might be used when it is collected by law enforcement? Other than possible hate crime status, how should white nationalist alignment be relevant to arrest and/or prosecution? I understand the information might just be just used to help law enforcement agencies better understand things like mob dynamics and community relations.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I can see significant value in that information, but does it give you any trepidation about how it might be used when it is collected by law enforcement? Other than possible hate crime status, how should white nationalist alignment be relevant to arrest and/or prosecution? I understand the information might just be just used to help law enforcement agencies better understand things like mob dynamics and community relations.
                  If you are breaking the law, and are arrested, you cede certain things, and information on ties to extremist organizations, whether it be White Nationalists or Antifa*, is one of those things.

*there is anti-fascist, and then there is Antifa. Much like there is conservative, and then there is MAGA.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

there is anti-fascist, and then there is Antifa. Much like there is conservative, and then there is MAGA.
                    No, there is antifa and there is antifa. It's not centralized. Some groups are violent only in self defense against violence, some will actively incite confrontations with Nazis. I have no problem with either approach.

But let's say some antifa cell of five guys somewhere is insane -- say they send letter bombs to judges (oops, that was conservatives) or they murder the children of liberals at summer camp (conservatives again) or they commit mass murder in black churches (yep, conservatives) or blow up the day care center in a government building (guess who?). Say they do some awful sh-t.

Just as, although there are some bad conservatives, we don't demonize all conservatives, we also don't demonize a movement devoted to crushing fascism. Because crushing fascism is good. To the extent that right wing groups feel threatened by that in principle, those groups are identifying themselves as white nationalists and Nazis.

And f-ck them.

If Dump or the GOP feels threatened by antifa in principle, that tells me about Dump and the GOP, not antifa.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2020, 03:04 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      No, there is antifa and there is antifa. It's not centralized. Some groups are violent only in self defense against violence, some will actively incite confrontations with Nazis. I have no problem with either approach.

But just as though there are some bad doctors we don't demonize doctors, we don't demonize a movement devoted to crushing fascism.

People who oppose the radicalized right, as a general principle, are A Good Thing. To the extent that right wing groups feel threatened by them, those groups are tending towards white nationalism and Nazism, so f-ck them.
                      I don't oppose the non-violent anti-fascists at all. I support them. The violent wing of Antifa is what I oppose. Violence is violence, and it's not okay.

The comparison is the same as saying well, there are non-violent MAGAs, and then there are violent MAGAs. The non-violent (and non-racist) MAGAs are called conservatives.

Comment

Rube cannot help himself,. He has to Both-sides everything. Those who fight against white supremacists and fascists are just as bad as the white supremacists and fascists.

Because.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Rube cannot help himself,. He has to Both-sides everything. Those who fight against white supremacists and fascists are just as bad as the white supremacists and fascists.

Because.
                          The ones who use violence to fight white supremacy are stooping to their level, and that's not good.

The ones who fight it through voting, social causes and organizations and such, that is very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            I ain't got the time or effort to search back through your posts regarding such stuff as Black Lives Matter, the protests against Wall Street, the protests in Portland Oregon and the Seattle region, the protests against the keystone Pipeline, and Ferguson, and Trayvon Martin, and others, but I'm gonna wager a small guess that your attitude towards those was just a tad bit different.
                            I didn’t really post much here in those days. I’ll give you a recap though:

I was strongly in favor of Occupy Wall Street seeing as I’m a millennial. I didn’t participate but did go to NY to see Zuccoti Park when it was in full swing.

I had mixed feelings on the Trayvon Martin situation. Did they ever figure out who was the inital aggressor? And was it true that area had a lot of crime leading up to it? To some degree I might have missed the bigger picture at the time.

I was strongly in favor of the Ferguson protests. It was disgraceful the cop got off without even being indicted and you would have a hard time convincing me the powers that be didn’t completely tank it.

I didn’t have strong feelings either way on Keystone. There is a huge environmental cost to move oil via rail or truck too.

I don’t really remember the Oregon and Seattle protests.

I think the reason I feel so strong on this is the nature of the crime, it wasn’t just a moment of madness like a shooting can be. The fact three other officers let it happen makes it that much worse. I read a couple books this year that have really effected my views on race as well, ‘Nickel Boys’ and ‘Twelve Mile Straight.’ They deserve so much better and hopefully someday we get there as a country.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

...it wasn’t just a moment of madness like a shooting can be. The fact three other officers let it happen makes it that much worse.
                              This is very much truth. It wasn't a panic moment.

Comment

I don't oppose the non-violent anti-fascists at all. I support them. The violent wing of Antifa is what I oppose. Violence is violence, and it's not okay.

The comparison is the same as saying well, there are non-violent MAGAs, and then there are violent MAGAs. The non-violent (and non-racist) MAGAs are called conservatives.
                                It's actually not really that coherent to call any of antifa "non-violent." IINM antifa's emphasis on direct action means if you punch them they're going to punch you back. There's no turning the other cheek. So I think you disapprove of all of antifa. They will be crushed to hear it.

Roughly, these are the violence levels:

(1) Nazi beats up a guy, antifa beats up that Nazi.

(2) Nazis beat up random guys; antifa beats up random Nazis.

(3) Nazis show up, antifa beats them up.

Level (1) is direct retribution against an actor.

Level (2) is collective retribution against a group which shields or approves of an actor.

Level (3) designates Nazism itself to be violence and responds in kind.

My impression is the breakdown is something like 75% / 24% / 1%. You can certainly present or withhold your approval of their actions, though again, much like the protesters, they aren't asking for your permission, and that is a big, big shock to a white male of means in America. We're supposed to be the arbitrators of behavior! When we say law, we always meant our preferences!
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X