X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Yep. The ONE spot you would expect to blow up, hasn't. I think it was in NY, the protesters weren't going near the Mexican areas, because they knew those folks would throw down the real sh* when fighting back.
    Protests tend to be centered in places where the protesters' grievance is understood. Go figure.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Kepler isn't annoyed. Kepler is interested.
      Chris Cuomo yelling at Kepler:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        it will look REAL bad if the White parts get massive amounts of protection and the Black parts dont.
        a.k.a., DC Metro Policing. Though TBH depending on the city the black community often views police and mayor as equally rancid.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Chris Cuomo yelling at Kepler:

I understood that reference.
          Cornell University

Comment

One thing that would help tonight is for the protestors to GO HOME by 8. Get off the street- plenty of hipsters out last night well past 8 not causing trouble.
            Get the mobs off the street so we can find the professional agitators

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              One thing that would help tonight is for the protestors to GO HOME by 8. Get off the street- plenty of hipsters out last night well past 8 not causing trouble.
              It would be a very interesting tactic for the community to sign on to a statement around 10 pm that since 8 pm they have all pulled back to their homes, anyone on the streets should be regarded as a Republican agent provocateur, and as far as they are concerned the cops should take them all out as an attack on their neighborhood.

That would really put Kroll, Gazelka, and the MAGAts in a bind.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2020, 10:40 AM.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I am not going to get in deep with you on this because I think you know from interactions over the years I am hardly a conspiracy theorist...but there is no way even in Whitelandia Minnesota (cause we are definitely mostly Lighter Shades of Pale) that the make up would be this bad. These riots are almost as White as the U of M National Title riots the later it gets in the evening

And I dont think anyone is seriously saying none of this was caused by Black People. Hell I mentioned the Wells Fargo myself. (and those idiots did it on camera) After the cops showed up in the fifth though and things shifted towards Uptown the video looked like he stands of a Wisconsin Football game.
                Yeah, actually Handy I was leaning more towards the alcohol. If there is one thing I’ve learned reading these threads these last few nights, the longer you drink, the crazier the theories, and the worse the typing.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Which hasn’t happened since WW2. The entire guard means the units from across the state, not just the post at the airport. That’s a pool of 13,000 guardsmen. Not all of them will be on the streets, to be clear.
                  Not familiar at all with the organization of the MN Natl Guard, so I'm wondering if the "post at the airport" is made up of Twin Cities and surrounding areas locals, and is it a MN Air National Guard unit?

One of the issues in the 1967 Detroit 12th Street riots was the makeup of the Michigan National Guard. When it was deployed in the city it had zero calming effect and made the issues much worse.
                  Speculation was that was due to a couple of issues. One, they were inexperienced soldiers, and two, they were all white boys from rural parts of the state (a lot of them from the U.P) and were infused with all of the wrong attitudes from the start.

By contrast, the 82nd and 101st Airborne soldiers who were deployed in the streets of Detroit were combat veterans from racially integrated units and were much more effective in dealing with conditions they were faced with. Of all the people shot and killed during the riot, only one was by a federal soldier.

I spent the last few minutes catching up on all the posts after I quit watching around midnight and am saddened to see there is at least some evidence of white, right wing extremist agitation. Happy is not the right word, but at least last night I was hopeful that the presence of mixed races among people might mean enough people of all stripes are finally taking real note of what is happening. I still think I saw a lot of across the board properly focused anger among people of a lot of different backgrounds in some of the coverage last night. I suppose we will only know in November if major unrest in dozens of American cities will help or hurt trump. We here all see the evils of the current administration and even the most dense among us know the country is not moving in a good direction. We are also not in any way an accurate representation of average Americans.

Comment

Trump and the right wing are pinning it all on Antifa.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      I don't care which fringe group or merry band of idiots it is. Shut. It. Down.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

He won’t acknowledge white supremacists because they are “very fine people”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          The BLM and other leaders should tell their people to stay home or go home before 8. Let the interlopers deal with the National Guard.

The GF has gone off the deep end. I am so proud of her. The "80% of arrests not from Minnesota" stat has her frothing. She spent too long working in the urban communities she knows this isnt how things blow up...especially over South like that. (which is as much immigrant as it is straight up oppressed Black) She is as angry as the White People protesting are pretending to be She also called this as a coordinated attack from outside forces on Day 2 The look on her face when Walz hinted at that last night was like the look Frey had when he heard the tweet from Trump.

Crazy thing...her super conservative cousin in Chicago...seems to agree with her
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Yeah, actually Handy I was leaning more towards the alcohol. If there is one thing I’ve learned reading these threads these last few nights, the longer you drink, the crazier the theories, and the worse the typing.
                            Well part of that is I use my phone when I am watching TV with the gf...I just never will get the hang of typing on that thing

And I wasnt that drunk last night...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Well part of that is I use my phone when I am watching TV with the gf...I just never will get the hang of typing on that thing
                              Me neither. My typing doesn't get worse with alcohol, because it is always bad. What gets worse is my giving a crap about proofreading.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Lot of Fascists in South Minneapolis that is for sure...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X