This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        If you torch my car, I don't care where you are from, I am going to be equally ticked off regardless.

If you joined these protests just to commit needless violence and destruction, who cares where you call home? And if you traveled to take part in a peaceful demonstration good for you.
        Odd that you claim it matters if you traveled to partake peacefully but it doesn't matter if you traveled to participate violently. You can't pick and choose and be taken seriously.

If people are being funded to travel to break s**t up that does matter. It should be investigated and prosecuted and as long as the instigators continue unimpeded what is going to stop them?

Yes we know there was some hyperbole behind some of the tweets regarding external participation, but does anyone really doubt there was an underground movement started by white fascists to stir things up as much as possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          What was the general consensus with events Saturday night? More of the same, things got worse, progress was made...?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Odd that you claim it matters if you traveled to partake peacefully but it doesn't matter if you traveled to participate violently. You can't pick and choose and be taken seriously.

If people are being funded to travel to break s**t up that does matter. It should be investigated and prosecuted and as long as the instigators continue unimpeded what is going to stop them?

Yes we know there was some hyperbole behind some of the tweets regarding external participation, but does anyone really doubt there was an underground movement started by white fascists to stir things up as much as possible?
            I dont doubt it...but it is almost impossible to prove. But there is way too many weird factors at play to make me think otherwise.

As for tonight...outside of the aftermath of the truck incident everything went pretty well. (relatively speaking)
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't remember if anyone posted Killer Mike's statement, but if not here it is.

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Killer Mike is 100% right. And it needs to be said again and again.

Here's a little lightheartedness from 79th street (THE weirdest street in the whole city) in Chicago from 1:30 this morning:

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Is it true DC went full blackout, including cell jammers? A lot of people posting about it, but I haven’t seen anything official.

But people are posting pictures of apps like snapchat and instagram having no activity in the city.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I see no confirmation. Dr. Mrs. is going to a doctor's appt right now on K Street (I guess they have people other than lobbyists there...) so we'll know soon enough.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It really is unbelievable just how bad of job the police did in Boston last night. I heard from a very good source first hand that everything was fine until they started attacking peaceful protesters with gas. Then they shut down a bunch of the subway stations so people couldn't get home. The thing that really gets me is they had no officers posted in the popular shopping areas and tons of high end stores got looted. How can you screw up that much?
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I dont doubt it...but it is almost impossible to prove. But there is way too many weird factors at play to make me think otherwise.
                        I haven’t been following very closely (there are reasons I live in the yoop and don’t have a TV). Can you give us the top few bullet points of what indicates this is NOT a bunch of frustrated and restless individuals acting on their own?
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Just another night with the boys in blue.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Just another night with the boys in blue.
                              It's interesting to me to note that the places where the police joined or talked to the protesters, there was peace.

Violence incites more violence, peace incites more peace.

It's not hard to figure that out. One small step of empathy is all it takes. Even if it's just to avoid violence.

Comment

So Trump turned off the WH lights and retreated to a “secure bunker” overnight... this whole situation could get interesting re: presidential legitimacy if people are angry enough
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X