This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Chicago has exploded. CTA has stopped all service to business district (Loop, South Loop) from Division Street to 26th, from the lakefront to Canal Street.

Southwest border suburb towns have seen rioters spill into their neighborhoods.

Rioters are rumored to be heading to the outlet mall in Aurora, IL to loot because they're still closed. Aurora PD has blocked off interstate ramps around the outlet mall. Big box stores are also closing early in Naperville and Aurora because of the rioters.

There *are* peaceful protests also taking place. But the rioters are ruining that.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

FBI has confirmed a credible threat against the MN Natl Guard. Uh oh.....
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

2020 is so upside down that gang members are defending neighborhoods in Chicago...

Alderman Raymond Lopez @RLopez15thWard: "Latin Saints engaging and chasing looters in Back of the Yards"

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          FBI has confirmed a credible threat against the MN Natl Guard. Uh oh.....
          Details? Source? Posts like this don't give people anything to go on. Sort of like the posts last night about that poor man in Dallas who got attacked and beaten. Many people, for hours afterwards, assumed he was dead. Fortunately he was not killed, and while seriously injured was actually alive and in stable condition.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Chicago has exploded. CTA has stopped all service to business district (Loop, South Loop) from Division Street to 26th, from the lakefront to Canal Street.

Southwest border suburb towns have seen rioters spill into their neighborhoods.

Rioters are rumored to be heading to the outlet mall in Aurora, IL to loot because they're still closed. Aurora PD has blocked off interstate ramps around the outlet mall. Big box stores are also closing early in Naperville and Aurora because of the rioters.

There *are* peaceful protests also taking place. But the rioters are ruining that.
            Yea... I got out of work early. Went to grab something to make for dinner and found most of my town had closed up shop as a preventative measure...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Details? Source? Posts like this don't give people anything to go on. Sort of like the posts last night about that poor man in Dallas who got attacked and beaten. Many people, for hours afterwards, assumed he was dead. Fortunately he was not killed, and while seriously injured was actually alive and in stable condition.
              WCCO, Channel 4 in Mpls.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Yea... I got out of work early. Went to grab something to make for dinner and found most of my town had closed up shop as a preventative measure...
                We found out by accident as we needed just *one* last thing from Home Depot in Naperville and were told they were closing because of the rioters.

Also, hopefully the outlet mall was just a bluff because that's practically my backyard.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  You did. It's cute to ask for a quote when you don't have to give something nice and quotable to get a point across. You are arguing that since 50 years ago some progress was made using largely peaceful protests that it could be again, while ignoring that countless peaceful protests have happened since then yielding little result.
                  So....you got caught in a lie, I asked you to prove it, and you can't. If I said that, find the quote. How hard can that be?
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

On CNN earlier today one of the talking heads had on two mayors, Denver CO and Salt Lake City UT. The Denver mayor was once again parroting the line about protesters being out-of-towners. First of all, I don't get this. Are all of the cities just trading rioters? But worse yet he said they were bringing weapons in. Weapons like rocks and hammers. He questioned why people who wanted to peacefully protest were preparing for violence. I don't know, maybe tell me why every cop looks like he (mostly he although I see a few shes) is dressed like they are ready for WAR? The Madison WI cops (locals & state) were more armored up then anyone I have seen who wasn't in an actual war zone. Well despite the fact there was a little violence and a little looting in Madison last night it was not a war zone. If anyone thinks it was, I suggest you go find a REAL war zone and spend some time there.

Comment

WCCO, Channel 4 in Mpls.
                      thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        On CNN earlier today one of the talking heads had on two mayors, Denver CO and Salt Lake City UT. The Denver mayor was once again parroting the line about protesters being out-of-towners. First of all, I don't get this. Are all of the cities just trading rioters? But worse yet he said they were bringing weapons in. Weapons like rocks and hammers. He questioned why people who wanted to peacefully protest were preparing for violence. I don't know, maybe tell me why every cop looks like he (mostly he although I see a few shes) is dressed like they are ready for WAR? The Madison WI cops (locals & state) were more armored up then anyone I have seen who wasn't in an actual war zone. Well despite the fact there was a little violence and a little looting in Madison last night it was not a war zone. If anyone thinks it was, I suggest you go find a REAL war zone and spend some time there.
                        LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Given the state of the country it isn’t easy to travel very far right now.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          They HAVE to "dress up" in war gear, because of what is possible out in the public. It's their actions that matter. Seeing the attack on the CNN Center...the cops were armed and armored to the nines. They didn't do ANYthing, until the flashbang was thrown at them. Their reaction? Tear gas. That was it. That tolerance was amazing.

The people who are causing trouble...they COULD have armor piercing bullets. I've heard about IEDs and pipe bombs...so to cover every unknown, the police HAVE to prepare for that. Frankly, most (I stress most) of the police across the nation have done very well this week. Some moron police acted in an irresponsible manner, and they should be dealt with to the utmost degree.

Comment

They HAVE to "dress up" in war gear, because of what is possible out in the public. It's their actions that matter. Seeing the attack on the CNN Center...the cops were armed and armored to the nines. They didn't do ANYthing, until the flashbang was thrown at them. Their reaction? Tear gas. That was it. That tolerance was amazing.

The people who are causing trouble...they COULD have armor piercing bullets. I've heard about IEDs and pipe bombs...so to cover every unknown, the police HAVE to prepare for that. Frankly, most (I stress most) of the police across the nation have done very well this week. Some moron police acted in an irresponsible manner, and they should be dealt with to the utmost degree.
                            Yes, because cops' brutality have brought on a negative reaction from the very people they are supposedly serving, so we should do everything we can to protect the real victims here.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              So....you got caught in a lie, I asked you to prove it, and you can't. If I said that, find the quote. How hard can that be?
                              The lady doth protest too much...

Comment

And then we have this guy.

Best comment:

FFS Robin Hood has let himself go.
                                Second:

Poor John rocker
                                Last edited by Kepler; 05-31-2020, 05:12 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X