This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    So for people who are justifying rioting as understandable or the only recourse these individuals have, aren't you saying in effect that people like Ghandi and MLK Jr were full of sh !t with their words about non violent protest? No offense but I'm not sure white privileged posters in this message board are superior to those men in their knowledge of civil disobedience and the rights of the oppressed. Food for thought as violence always begets violence and turns off the very people who might be sympathetic to the cause.
    Totally agree.

Comment

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      So for people who are justifying rioting as understandable or the only recourse these individuals have, aren't you saying in effect that people like Ghandi and MLK Jr were full of sh !t with their words about non violent protest? No offense but I'm not sure white privileged posters in this message board are superior to those men in their knowledge of civil disobedience and the rights of the oppressed. Food for thought as violence always begets violence and turns off the very people who might be sympathetic to the cause.
      I would note that "civil disobedience" would be something like peacefully protesting BEYOND the 8:00 p.m. curfew in Minneapolis and some posters here thought they should have just gone home. I would also note that someone can think MLK Jr. or Ghandi could be wrong or mistaken about some things but not be full of 5h!t.

Comment

And I dont think anyone in here is condoning anything. I think some people understand it though when put into context. Those are two very different attitudes.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I also am having a hard time figuring out why some people equate understanding why these riots seem inevitable makes some believe that is the same as encouraging them. One of the things MLK was famous for saying was that this type of violence was the voice of the unheard. Was he full of 5h!t for noting that? I know why my team gives up a goal sometimes when I see forwards fail to get back and help defend. I understand why it happened and sometimes see it as inevitable. Doesn't mean I like it or encourage it.

Comment

Blatant oversimplification, Rover. Was Malcom X (and all who supported him) a waste of oxygen?

Comment

Ummmm, who here is justifying rioting?
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                Maybe you took him too literally. And he get's called out constantly. Look at some of the exchanges between Kep and Handy, or Kep and Rover. I think what might have set off a few people in this particular thread is some of your posts came off as thinking there are simplistic answers to all of this when that's not necessarily true. I shouldn't go around speaking for anyone else though since I have my hands full speaking for myself. Just my opinion.
                Plenty of people disagree with Kep. Heck his go-to insult is always “no one cares what you think, you’re irrelevant” to everyone outside his bubble, like a petulant teen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  And I dont think anyone in here is condoning anything.
                  This is a head scratcher since I have been saying I don't condone it. I haven't said I don't understand the anger. Of course I do. Black people have every right to be upset.

And are you sure Kepler doesn't condone the rioting? Because I think he does based on what he has said. But hey maybe he was joking. If that's the case at least now I know that nobody in here condones the rioting.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Blatant oversimplification, Rover. Was Malcom X (and all who supported him) a waste of oxygen?
                    Seeing as Malcolm X backed away from violence at the end of his life I'm not sure he's helping you make your point.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      I would note that "civil disobedience" would be something like peacefully protesting BEYOND the 8:00 p.m. curfew in Minneapolis and some posters here thought they should have just gone home. I would also note that someone can think MLK Jr. or Ghandi could be wrong or mistaken about some things but not be full of 5h!t.
                      Please give us examples related to this subject where you disagree with those two individuals and find them to be wrong.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Please give us examples related to this subject where you disagree with those two individuals and find them to be wrong.
                        Please give us examples here of posters condoning rioting.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Learn to read. I never said I disagree with something they said, I said someone could and not be full of it. I don't know everything Ghandi or King said or believed throughout their lives anyway. Nobody agrees with everything anybody else says or thinks so it is almost certain that there was some thought expressed by both that I might find hard to swallow. As much as anyone on here, you seem to WANT to provoke and attack. You are in many ways more tiresome than Old Pio was even though you and I actually agree on more than we disagree more than likely. It's why I very rarely engage with you since the 2016 election.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Sure. But as long as they're being peaceful, they shouldn't be met with tear gas and rubber bullets. Even if they are past curfew.

Change isn't gonna happen if you keep kowtowing to those in charge, and honoring a curfew just because they say you have to.
                            I never said they should honor the curfew...but they knew by breaking it they were going to meet force. That is why they did it. They got exactly what they set out for. That is why I am not as outraged about it as I am sure MSNBC was. I am not upset with the peaceful protest, or the fact that they stayed out past curfew...but I am not going to pretend it is some tragedy that they got gassed when they were explicitly told by the State, the City, the County, the National Guard and their own civic leaders this is what would happen if they broke the curfew last night.

I am proud of them for knowing the consequences and still fighting for what is right. I am proud of the fact that when met with force they didnt fight back and make things ten times worse. They made their point the exact way they wanted to.

And I see no evidence that Kepler wants rioting. Kepler seems more of the "let them do what they think is right it isnt my place cause I am a white Bougie it wont affect my life anyways" type of guy. The problem with him is he has very little tact and gives zero phucks how he words things.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 05-31-2020, 12:33 PM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I did ask this before but are we concerned about COVID spread during these protests. Haven't really seen much on that but it should still apply no matter what the cause is.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I did ask this before but are we concerned about COVID spread during these protests. Haven't really seen much on that but it should still apply no matter what the cause is.
                                I'm fully expecting a bump in a week or two. Real shame it will hit the already reeling communities hardest.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X