X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Not familiar at all with the organization of the MN Natl Guard, so I'm wondering if the "post at the airport" is made up of Twin Cities and surrounding areas locals, and is it a MN Air National Guard unit?
    The 133rd Airlift Wing of the Air National Guard, and the 34th Infantry Division are both located at bases adjacent to north side of the MSP, along with the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines Reserve divisions. The 133rd and the 34th are the only two Walz can call upon at that location. Across the state there are other divisions, too, a total of six others.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Aren’t you saying you just want the protesting to stop? I honestly think if we are ever to see any change it’s going to be messy and uncomfortable. Peaceful protest is a waste of time and isn’t going to change anything.
      Violent protests by outside forces arent changing things either. This whole thing has been co-opted.

Minneapolis let the 3rd go up in flames to give the rioters what they wanted. That should have de-escalated this. The State has basically allowed for people to protest untouched for 3 days and made sure to put no one in harms way again to de-escalate this. Yet somehow it keeps getting worse. (with the flames fanned by Right Wing Bots and trolls spreading BS like wildfire)

You are stuck in the thought process that this is some random act of civil disobedience getting out of control because of a senseless death. That part of the story died yesterday. This is the part where bad actors are taking the tragedy and twisting it to their owns ends. Whats worse is they arent even hiding it well...

To all of you from outside of Minnesota...if things blow up tonight find a local station feed (KARE 11, WCCO, KSTP or Fox9) and watch that instead of the talking heads. You will see the breaking points where things change. Yesterday it was when the marches hit the 5th. One of the local sports guys was walking along with many of the actual Black Protesters. There was no violence or anger...in fact it was quite jovial. The 5th precinct building was under siege by other protesters (a more diverse crowd) but everywhere else it was closer to a loud annoying parade than it was a riot. Once everyone hit the fifth though all hell broke loose. Looting started and fires were set and literally nothing triggered it. Then as soon as the NG showed up everyone dispersed and the Lighter Shade of Pale Brigade made their way to Uptown.

If this was just the locals fighting for justice you would be right. It isnt. If it was the oppressed standing up to be heard and screw the system that screws them, you would be right. It isnt that anymore.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        No. I'm saying that because it appears there's a large number of people using this as an opportunity to steal and cause chaos, shut it down. I don't care what affiliation THOSE people have.

Telling them apart will be pretty much impossible to law enforcement, so a lot depends on the community stepping up and, well, sitting down.
        Yes. For now:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The downtown protesters were BEYOND peaceful. The cops there shrugged, since they weren't going to bust someone for curfew; not worth it.

The other areas, they were a bit more volatile.

As for giving up the 3rd on Thu night, that area was lost. No use in staying. So, retreat and set up a new perimeter, and hope you can hold. It's basic strategy at that point.

Great gif, Handy! Such a classic.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Aren’t you saying you just want the protesting to stop? I honestly think if we are ever to see any change it’s going to be messy and uncomfortable. Peaceful protest is a waste of time and isn’t going to change anything.
            White supremacists burning grocery stores isn’t helping, either

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              The point about ending the riots via arrests and then finding out the motivations of the people in custody is a good one. While right wing loons wouldn't surprise me neither would anarchists who do still exist and live to turn situations like this into disasters.

Was an interesting piece on NPR from a commanding officer at Furgeson. Said what they learned is to not have cops facing the crowd but to be in the crowd so they can find and stop the professional agitators from the actual protestors.
              Was reading something with pictures from Brooklyn. Cops in the crowd had white items wrapped on their arms under shirts sleeves visible so uniforms wouldn’t crack their heads
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

6 years later too... nothing has improved in Ferguson, MO. Every report I've read out of Ferguson says it's "one step forward, two steps back," with POC standing in front of City Council and saying "you don't care about us."
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot
                    I will code what I really want to say to Donald Trump. It's two words, it begins with 'f' and it ends with 'you.'
                    Awesome. Totally awesome.
                    Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 05-30-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

And there is this smackdown from D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser:

Originally posted by Muriel Bowser
                      While he hides behind his fence afraid/alone, I stand w/ people peacefully exercising their First Amendment Right after the murder of #GeorgeFloyd & hundreds of years of institutional racism There are no vicious dogs & ominous weapons. There is just a scared man

Comment

"NOT ALL COPS!"

You're right, Paw Patrol would never do this!
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Is it wrong those two comments make me happy as all hell?
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            And the slow merger of the Cops thread with the Conspiracy thread has begun.

If the protesters claim the white nationalists are doing this to make their “peaceful” protest look bad, that’s easily solved. Nab one of them and produce one of them for us. I didn’t see the crowd shocked by the actions of some “outsider” at Wells Fargo last night. I saw them participating.

Yeah, just what YOU want. Blacks fighting white supremacists in the streets.
                            Last edited by rufus; 05-30-2020, 02:02 PM.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              "NOT ALL COPS!"

You're right, Paw Patrol would never do this!

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                The point about ending the riots via arrests and then finding out the motivations of the people in custody is a good one. While right wing loons wouldn't surprise me neither would anarchists who do still exist and live to turn situations like this into disasters.

Was an interesting piece on NPR from a commanding officer at Furgeson. Said what they learned is to not have cops facing the crowd but to be in the crowd so they can find and stop the professional agitators from the actual protestors.
                                Read somewhere the cops are doing contact tracing of the people they arrest. Pretty sure if they're white nationalist aligned, we'll be finding that out soon enough.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X