This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Wait, I was told yesterday by privileged white guy liberal posters that blacks shouldn't bother voting because it will do no good? Can someone give me a straight answer?

Also does anyone still think unrestrained rioting is a good idea? Because as Kep astutely noted the only beneficiary here are the Republicans, not the people who live in the community.
    I think they’re looting the wrong areas.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Forgot to add, the ATL mayor...man, her statements last night were so kick-arse, she threw MAJOR shade. She was NOT holding back:
      https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/0...tests-vpx.wgcl
      KLB is a polarizing figure down there. Whitey does not like her much, but Atlanta's black mamas do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Wait, I was told yesterday by privileged white guy liberal posters that blacks shouldn't bother voting because it will do no good?
        That is not what you were told. You were told to stop whitesplaining that voting is the miracle cure that will solve all their problems and change will happen overnight. The evidence over the decades tells them otherwise, and that's assuming they have the opportunity to vote at all, what with the GOP's rampant voter suppression tactics (and the southern Democrats prior to 1965).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          KLB is a polarizing figure down there. Whitey does not like her much, but Atlanta's black mamas do.
          This whitey likes her after last night. That is how you lead. You say what's what, and don't mince words. Tell the people what needs to be heard, not what they want to hear.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Comment

Watching Walz right now and he has completely lost the plot. Absolutely disgusting.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                That is not what you were told. You were told to stop whitesplaining that voting is the miracle cure that will solve all their problems and change will happen overnight. The evidence over the decades tells them otherwise, and that's assuming they have the opportunity to vote at all, what with the GOP's rampant voter suppression tactics (and the southern Democrats prior to 1965).
                Kindly quote where I said voting is a miracle cure and that changes will happen overnight? Shouldn't be too hard to find.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Melvin Carter said all rioters arrested last night were from out of town, per the SPPD.

ETA. Watching his presser now.

ETA2: My wife’s aunt lost her job because of the riots on the Mpls side last night. The shop she manages was looted and burned. Local company.
                  Last edited by St. Clown; 05-30-2020, 09:26 AM.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    He does. He lives in an area where the cops won't need to worry about the rioters. The rioters will have "been taken care of" already.

As far as the whiteys, apparently some group from TX, Bugaloo something or other, came in. I have heard that multiple times. My Beer Geek Chat group was talking about it last night, too.

Frey is a joke, and Walz needs to flex harder. Walz needs to show how to lead, but from what I just read here...guess not.

My feeling is, when the authorities really decide that they need to end this...it's going to be bad. Really effing bad.
                    Walz is leading. He just is leading the way you want him too. If a Republican was the Governor right now there would be people dead both cops and rioters.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well, the Nazis are (1) obsessed by false flags and (2) always projecting.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Every fire I saw started in MPLS last night was started by white guys. Black hoodies, black backpacks. Fires went from being lit to raging incredibly fast as well.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Watching Walz right now and he has completely lost the plot. Absolutely disgusting.
                            There is no plot anymore. The second outsiders joined the fray anything he said or did was dead. Pleading with people to not destroy their community doesnt work when the people arent part of the community. I havent watched him today but last night at 1:30 he said everything I needed to hear.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Every fire I saw started in MPLS last night was started by white guys. Black hoodies, black backpacks. Fires went from being lit to raging incredibly fast as well.
                              The Wells Fargo wasnt...plenty of Black People destroying that building. All the rest though were majority White. And as the night wore on the ratio got Whiter and Whiter. And that isnt conspiracy theory BS that was what was seen live on local news. (no CNN commentary about it)

edit: the last part wasnt for you since you were here. It is for the people that went to bed who might think we are painting the picture differently. By the time 31st and Grand was the scene I dont think a person darker than beige could be found. (although they may have been the ones with fire extinguishers it was tough to tell) They also didnt look like the Uptown crowd (young Hipsters and Bernie fans) as you know.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 05-30-2020, 09:48 AM.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Something didn't smell right with these two on KARE.
                                I wanted to go back to this cause I thought about it later on. I agree their story didnt pass the smell test. And they were I believe wearing the White Rioters uniform of dark colors and a backpack. They didnt seem like just random kids from Bloomington who drove into a war zone to protect a community and get justice.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X