This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Per Twitter, 200-250 military police are on their way from Fort Bragg to DC.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Per Twitter, 200-250 military police are on their way from Fort Bragg to DC.
      An acquaintance of mine who posts on another board and is a career military officer claims he and the the other officers he works with would immediately resign their commissions (and join the rebellion if need be) if they were ever asked to turn on American citizens by the president.

I hope he is telling the truth.

I would assume the active duty troops coming in will be tasked with very specific things that are support or logistical in nature and have nothing to do with law enforcement. I would also hope the commanding officer of whoever those 250 troops are has already had a brief conversation with a buddy in the JAG office to make sure he isn't going to end up being a casualty of trump's stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        An acquaintance of mine who posts on another board and is a career military officer claims he and the the other officers he works with would immediately resign their commissions (and join the rebellion if need be) if they were ever asked to turn on American citizens by the president.
        What if they were told (1) those people posed an immediate risk of overthrowing the government, (2) those people had WMD, and (3) many of those people were not Americans, but agents of a foreign state or non-state terrorist group?

All of those statements will be immediately applied by Republicans to anyone they want removed from political action.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The coward is speaking

Comment

I've lost track which one.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              The coward is speaking
              This is horrible even by his standards.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                What if they were told (1) those people posed an immediate risk of overthrowing the government, (2) those people had WMD, and (3) many of those people were not Americans, but agents of a foreign state or non-state terrorist group?

All of those statements will be immediately applied by Republicans to anyone they want removed from political action.
                15 years from now, I would wonder. By then, unless we reform the military, it will be commanded by fascists. Most of the career people making decisions, including the most senior field and general officers and the most senior non-commissioned officers (E-8s and E-9s) probably are not fascists, but conservative in the way we used to think of that term a generation ago.

I would say there is a 50-50 chance we're going to find out.

Comment

We have one, beautiful law.

Comment

Oh we’re mobilizing the military?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      We have one, beautiful law.
                      2nd Amendment?
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        2nd Amendment?
                        He wasn’t clear

Comment

Comment

Did 45 just announce a coup?

Remember when Obama was going to declare martial law...good times.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              They will give you more opportunities to mock them

Speaking of dumbasses who cant help but give people reasons to mock them:

That did not end well for him. (yes I had my fun as well)
                              He changed his mind, now he supports the protestors: https://***********/SenTomCotton/sta...54865432092673

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                He changed his mind, now he supports the protestors: https://***********/SenTomCotton/sta...54865432092673
                                LOL. They have no shame.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X