X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    A virtual walkout? what does that mean they are gonna end their Zoom meetings early? Their concern has been noted and logged.

edit: Sorry but I give little credence to a bunch of whiny techsters tweeting about how upset they are their boss is letting Trump say bad things.
    Last edited by Handyman; 06-01-2020, 01:26 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      A virtual walkout? what does that mean they are gonna end their Zoom meetings early? Their concern has been noted and logged.

edit: Sorry but I give little credence to a bunch of whiny techsters tweeting about how upset they are their boss is letting Trump say bad things.
      If they genuinely cared, they'd quit. Their skills and experience are still in demand elsewhere.

Comment

“ BREAKING: An independent autopsy of George Floyd found that his death was the result of "asphyxia from sustained forceful pressure."

This is in contrast to the findings of the Hennepin County Medical Examiner.”

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ceful-pressure

Comment

https://www.omaha.com/news/crime/no-...08ac81a24.html

Whether it was the right decision or not by the county attorney, I would stay out of downtown Omaha tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            “ BREAKING: An independent autopsy of George Floyd found that his death was the result of "asphyxia from sustained forceful pressure."

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Great. So now the county M.E. will be threatened.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Great. So now the county M.E. will be threatened.
                I am sure that MEs can have different opinions...but after watching what Manitowoc did - I believe the woman who should have been involved was pushed out- I have to think the police at times have connections to MEs

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I am sure that MEs can have different opinions...but after watching what Manitowoc did - I believe the woman who should have been involved was pushed out- I have to think the police at times have connections to MEs
                  At times?
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    At times?
                    I honestly have no knowledge of MEs and how they work, other than they are county employees. I’m assuming it’s not wild that two MEs could have diff opinions, but someone else can educate me how close MEs are to police.

Comment

I honestly have no knowledge of MEs and how they work, other than they are county employees. I’m assuming it’s not wild that two MEs could have diff opinions, but someone else can educate me how close MEs are to police.

It would be nice to take a breather to see why the ME's have dueling opinions before people get out the tar and the feathers, but I'm not hopeful.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

ME's, the police and prosecuting attorneys are all part of the "system." That is, they work very closely together because they have to work together so frequently. That doesn't mean that medical examiners are automatically in the pocket of the police or prosecutors (I would expect the prosecutors would have more influence over the ME's than the police, but that's just my opinion.) But that close, working relationship creates an opportunity for influence, and it can create the appearance of influence, which is sometimes worse.

The independent autopsy has no real role in the prosecution. Frequently they are hired by the defense, or in this case, the family (for purposes of a civil case).

At this point the only effect of this "family autopsy" will be to, 1) create confusion or doubt about the skill and veracity of the county ME; 2) possibly stir up the public; and 3) possibly influence the county ME to reexamine his or her original findings.

I don't think any of those are particularly helpful to the prosecution.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

All the more reason to completely divorce the investigation of police shootings from any and all parts of the current system. Independent investigators, independent MEs, independent prosecutors etc.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            If they genuinely cared, they'd quit. Their skills and experience are still in demand elsewhere.
                            Exactly. It reminds me of the episode of Silicon Valley where Gavin Bellson makes up the phony "Tethics" crap and companies like Facebook and Amazon sign it so Pied Piper workers force Richard to agree. Its all ways for whiny tech liberals to pat themselves on the back while still supporting all the same crap they are supposedly outraged about.

As for the ME...it isnt like the original autopsy exonerated the cops or anything. And even if we assume the ME is biased isnt it possible the second autopsy is biased as well since they were hired by the family? (I believe they were...or the lawyer cause he did say they were doing that) Muddying the water with an independent autopsy is only going to make it harder on Ellison.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              All the more reason to completely divorce the investigation of police shootings from any and all parts of the current system. Independent investigators, independent MEs, independent prosecutors etc.
                              While that is 100% true...where you gonna find the money for that? People dont like paying their taxes
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                As for the ME...it isnt like the original autopsy exonerated the cops or anything. And even if we assume the ME is biased isnt it possible the second autopsy is biased as well since they were hired by the family? (I believe they were...or the lawyer cause he did say they were doing that) Muddying the water with an independent autopsy is only going to make it harder on Ellison.
                                It'll be fun though. Michael Baden can smell a tv camera from eight states away.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X