X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    We knew that was coming. I'm only surprised he waited 6 days.
    Strategic. If he would have said it 6 days ago it would have been lost in what followed. Now, maybe when we think once we get past a weekend things will calm down a bit he can fan the flames more to make sure they DON'T calm down. We've had some arguments on this forum back and forth about how much sympathy we should give to the rioters, and drawing lines between peaceful protest, civil disobedience and the more violent and destructive actions we've seen as the days turned into night. But make no mistake about it, the republicans WANT the unrest to continue. They want to see us at war with ourselves.
    Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 06-01-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

He’s working with the MN republican senate lead. Sounds almost coup-like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        He’s working with the MN republican senate lead. Sounds almost coup-like.
        He's the only leader that will give him the time of day, so it makes sense.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
          I haven’t been following very closely (there are reasons I live in the yoop and don’t have a TV). Can you give us the top few bullet points of what indicates this is NOT a bunch of frustrated and restless individuals acting on their own?
          They are carrying hammers and walkie-talkies?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

May this idiot burn in hell.
            Yep, he fits the radical Antifa description to a T
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              I haven’t been following very closely (there are reasons I live in the yoop and don’t have a TV). Can you give us the top few bullet points of what indicates this is NOT a bunch of frustrated and restless individuals acting on their own?
              Most of them are. But if you look at how things played out yesterday (or even the day before) it is vastly different than the second night. This despite a much higher and more aggressive police presence. (not to mention what happened with the tanker) That raises eyebrows. Yesterday and Saturday are much closer to how people figured this would play out...burning South Minneapolis is completely out of character for what was happening at the time.

The other major eyebrow raiser (for me...I am only speaking for me and I guess my GF who has dealt with way more of this crap over the years than I have) is how coordinated a lot of this is. She has been saying that since the fire at the 3rd precinct. (before the rumors really circulated) Riots are random, they are chaos...it is a bunch of people ****ed off lashing out. (I am simplifying obviously) Burning a liquor store, a cell phone store, a grocery store that makes total sense. (opportunism and well often stuff they need) Burning multiple car part stores...doesn't jive. If it was just the Autozone near the Lake Street Target then yeah that is them burning it down because they want that whole area to go up (even though that fire was started by the White Guy supposedly) but they burned down at least 3 of them...that isnt rage that is a tactic. The next day they burned down things like a local community barber shop that is run by a Black Man. That doesnt jive either. Break some windows yeah but burn it down? (Here Is The Interview Not likely...it appears more like they picked spots to burn around the city to maximize the time it would take for MFD to get places. That seems rather unrandom to me but it is definitely possible that it is just an unfortunate coincidence.

The fact that there is multiple incidents, confirmed by the police, of cars driving around with no plates and all sorts of weapons is another. As the head of the Minneapolis Department of Health and Safety (I believe this is how he described it) said yesterday there was a traffic stop where a guy tried to douse his car with gasoline when he was pulled over. Seems like a bit of an overreaction...

I heard an interview with a guy who spent the last 20 years working in intelligence (type of guy that probably is a source for Vice News) over the weekend and he talked about how groups have people everywhere, and they look for signs of unrest and send out the batsignal to get people here. Then they try and blend into the crowd and break stuff in the hopes of sparking others to do the same. He also didnt pretend it is all White Supremacists or Right Wing bad actors...plenty of radical Left groups pull the same maneuver. It is a highly efficient means of creating chaos with little risk to the group and it takes almost no resources.

As I said, since this isnt a Jack Ryan movie it is going to be impossible to prove, and of course I could be completely wrong I am not claiming to know anything for fact. It isnt like it is a bad thing if outsiders come here (plenty of peaceful protesters came from out of town as well from as far away as Tulsa) but it isnt like we are the only city seeing the exact same thing and talking about it openly. Watch the Police Chief video I posted last night from Houston. He tells the Black People he is speaking with they arent the problem, it is the White Guys with skateboards that are there to cause issue. Experts from other hot spots are saying the same thing. Now, that could be they are jumping on the bandwagon of our Mayors and the comments they walked back...but I doubt it.

tl;dr: I am not sure there is any real bulletpoints, it just doesn't pass the smell test to a lot of us.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                dumpy wants his own Tienanmen Square. Gotta put the workers back in their place, as he sees it.

Keeping people down makes more money for his kind. That's how China works.

And we know that dumpy sees the color of skin as the first factor in how much of a paycheck you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Oh boy. Kroll has spoken and says officers shouldn’t have been fired yet

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...e-floyd-unrest

Buckle up, Minneapolis
                  I see he is trotting out his old "yeah but the dead black man had a violent history" trope (like he did with Jamir Rice) like that means he deserves to die. It was fun to watch him and his racist cop friends walk out like crybabies cause the Lynx wore the BLM shirts.

Keep opening your trap you hick, racist piece of ****. The world has already been exposed to the idiocy of the MPD and the more you talk the more the spotlight shines on you. Methinks that is not what you want...cockroaches tend prefer the darkness.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Watched the Boston protests yesterday. The first part was great. A bunch of people marched from the heart of a non-white neighborhood to the state house peacefully. White and black and many brought their kids and had a sense of purpose about the evening - particularly that it should not turn violent.

That lasted until a little after nightfall. Then those people went home and anarchists and looters moved in. I thought the cops were remarkably restrained. They weren't dressed for deployment in Afghanistan and I didn't see any armored vehicles on the streets. They also weren't cracking heads or anything like that. Most importantly nobody got killed and the city didn't get lit on fire (a few trash cans and one abandoned police car is all I could see).

These people causing trouble didn't appear to give a fuk about George Lloyd. The people throwing bottles at the cops were by and large young and white (males and females) and oddly enough I saw quite a few skateboards strapped to their backs. The looters were for the most part black. People were driving up in cars to fill them up whenever a store would get broken into and they all looked like they had Mass plates. I'm not sure why the police allowed cars to drive around downtown in the midst of all this which seemed like a mistake. Eventually the national guard showed up not to bust skulls but to hold a certain area while the Boston Police fanned out and chased down looters.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Walz calling social media trolls and bots stupid. Well, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Walz calling social media trolls and bots stupid. Well, duh.
                        Walz is the man
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Please tell me the governors are talking (or are planning to talk) amongst themselves and say that what the President (and I use that term loosely) is recommending that they do is ludicrous.

Comment

Frey will go down for this and I can't disagree, but his response to Kroll is pitch-perfect.

Last edited by state of hockey; 06-01-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Frey might as well say everything he feels. In fact it will probably be the only chance he has to ever get re-elected. Be the guy who just gives zero phucks and doesn't act political.

BTW it appears, thankfully, that the tanker incident was an accident. It also has been confirmed he was saved from being beaten by protesters there. Good god what a colossal screw up and he is lucky he didnt kill anyone.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good luck with that

Comment

Working...
                                X