X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoover View Post
    ...and America continues to burn.

I might be misunderstanding some who are posting in this thread, but it seems to me like some here are actually condoning the actions of the "protesters" destroying businesses and government property across the country. I'm not here to debate racism/inequity of treatment of minorities in your country by law enforcement- I know it exists and is a huge problem. Do any of you here actually believe this is the way to promote real change? I'm not so foolish as to suggest I have the answer - but I know this isn't it.

I've been watching the same news feeds as everyone else, and I see that the majority of those who are burning police vehicles, burning buildings, and looting are mostly WHITE. Most of the people pulled from the crowds and arrested/detained for behaving like animals are WHITE. They aren't protesting social inequity or police discrimination towards people of colour - they are thugs who are bent on keeping the divide between "black and white" in America alive. These are the groups of people who your so-called leader in the White House loves.

During all of my adult life I've heard from south of my border that America is the greatest country on earth. This past week, along with decades of gun violence/mass shootings (including schools...) doesn't help your image around the world. Your biggest problem now is your disgrace of a president (he doesn't deserve the capital P...). I shudder to think what America will look like if he gets re-elected.

Please don't misinterpret my comments to mean I'm anti-American. I have family and friends in the US, and I enjoy taking short trips (NCAA hockey, Regionals, Frozen Fours) and lenghty vacations (New Mexico/Arizona) to your country. Canada has it's own problems and is far from perfect. Racial and cultural inequity exists here too, but not at the scale or intensity that the US experiences. What is happening across America now is a result of decades of racial inequity and social injustice from your law enforcement and justice system.

Don't re-elect donald trump (no caps on purpose...) in November. He didn't start all of the problems you've been having for years, but he and his divisive actions are certainly promoting and spreading hate across your country.

I feel sorry for my American family and friends right now...
    There are some certifiable nutjobs in this thread, no doubt about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoover View Post
      ...and America continues to burn.

I might be misunderstanding some who are posting in this thread, but it seems to me like some here are actually condoning the actions of the "protesters" destroying businesses and government property across the country. I'm not here to debate racism/inequity of treatment of minorities in your country by law enforcement- I know it exists and is a huge problem. Do any of you here actually believe this is the way to promote real change? I'm not so foolish as to suggest I have the answer - but I know this isn't it.

I've been watching the same news feeds as everyone else, and I see that the majority of those who are burning police vehicles, burning buildings, and looting are mostly WHITE. Most of the people pulled from the crowds and arrested/detained for behaving like animals are WHITE. They aren't protesting social inequity or police discrimination towards people of colour - they are thugs who are bent on keeping the divide between "black and white" in America alive. These are the groups of people who your so-called leader in the White House loves.

During all of my adult life I've heard from south of my border that America is the greatest country on earth. This past week, along with decades of gun violence/mass shootings (including schools...) doesn't help your image around the world. Your biggest problem now is your disgrace of a president (he doesn't deserve the capital P...). I shudder to think what America will look like if he gets re-elected.

Please don't misinterpret my comments to mean I'm anti-American. I have family and friends in the US, and I enjoy taking short trips (NCAA hockey, Regionals, Frozen Fours) and lenghty vacations (New Mexico/Arizona) to your country. Canada has it's own problems and is far from perfect. Racial and cultural inequity exists here too, but not at the scale or intensity that the US experiences. What is happening across America now is a result of decades of racial inequity and social injustice from your law enforcement and justice system.

Don't re-elect donald trump (no caps on purpose...) in November. He didn't start all of the problems you've been having for years, but he and his divisive actions are certainly promoting and spreading hate across your country.

I feel sorry for my American family and friends right now...
      Stolen from Facebook: Canada must feel like they’re living in an apartment above a meth lab right now
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Live look in:

Brandon and Dylan, too cool to chant along with the rest.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Figures announced: number of protesters arrested, number of police officers injured. Never number of protesters injured.
          That’s a near impossible figure to assess. And you know it.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            Thank you for your sympathy. I’m ashamed to be an American, and that shame will grow if Trump is re-elected. I’m already looking at real estate in Canada! Even if Canada has problems, you guys are so much better off.
            I'm not ashamed to be American, I'm ashamed that people who hate or use race as excuse to do evil things still have power in this country. I do honestly believe that we are far beyond 50 years ago in terms of the average belief in regards to how we think of each other.

But the problem is that the racists out there have gotten louder as they've gotten marginalized. They somehow got a voice in the current moron in the white house- which makes them thing that they are somehow right. Which has resulted in more actions against African Americans. Not that these have ever really gone away, but they frequency has gone up thanks to the "leadership" in this country.

And people like some posters who are trying to marginalize the protests because of the violence isn't helping. Nobody is accepting the violence and looting. But at least two things ARE happening- people are trying to be empathetic to any anger that could be leading to violence AND there are people out there who are actively trying to feed the violence and separation by looting and setting fires.

Maybe the real silence coming from the White House will finally demonstrate how incompetent of a leader we have, and people will get out to vote. Maybe.

Sadly, every time progress is made, the haters out there somehow get it to turn back around.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I am going to cut him a break...I know what he is saying but he just doesnt have all the information. He is falling into the trap he warns everyone else of...trust corporate media to tell the story. I am sure the MSNBC anchor is in tears watching this with their "Black Friend".

Kepler the protesters flat out knew this was going to happen. They said it on live TV. They marched down the streets they did for a reason. The cops knew to be there for a reason. The message was, and this is a direct ****ing quote "we dont care about peace we care about change". (which I agree with for the most part. They wanted to be seen on TV getting gassed and that is why they walked where they did for as long as they did.
              Sure. But as long as they're being peaceful, they shouldn't be met with tear gas and rubber bullets. Even if they are past curfew.

Change isn't gonna happen if you keep kowtowing to those in charge, and honoring a curfew just because they say you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Sure. But as long as they're being peaceful, they shouldn't be met with tear gas and rubber bullets. Even if they are past curfew.

Change isn't gonna happen if you keep kowtowing to those in charge, and honoring a curfew just because they say you have to.
                Here's something to see- if you are black and peacefully protesting, you will get tear gassed, rubber bullet shots, and arrested.

If you are white and looting and setting fires... chirp, chirp.....

And the pattern intesifies.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Stolen from Facebook: Canada must feel like they’re living in an apartment above a meth lab right now
                  That's exactly how I feel about this situation...I'm hoping the lab doesn't blow up.

Now, about the possible spread of COVID-19 and the inevitable spikes you'll see down there in a few weeks - I hope your health care systems can handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    There are some certifiable nutjobs in this thread, no doubt about that.
                    And you see one when you look in the mirror every morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      And you see one when you look in the mirror every morning.
                      Not even ****ing close. But saying the cops involved should be charged and convicted and not denying there is a major problem on our hands in this country isn't good enough for you. I believe in BLM and the overall goal. I can also disagree with setting cities ablaze.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Oh I understand. You might be the craziest of them all here. If you watch that clip and shrug your shoulders and say it's ok...you're part of the problem.
                          Apparently, before that mob swarmed him, that guy was chasing the kid on a skateboard swinging a sword at him. There's video of that too.

I guess 'defending' property means chasing someone down the street with a sword.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Not even ****ing close. But saying the cops involved should be charged and convicted and not denying there is a major problem on our hands in this country isn't good enough for you. I believe in BLM and the overall goal. I can also disagree with setting cities ablaze.
                            Then tell your white supremacist buds to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Apparently, before that mob swarmed him, that guy was chasing the kid on a skateboard swinging a sword at him. There's video of that too.

I guess 'defending' property means chasing someone down the street with a sword.
                              Now we can wait for the 3rd video (someone on the right since everything has to be a political struggle) showing what led to him chasing them with a sword. It's exhausting and never ending. And again, I don't claim to have all the answers but I think the rioting just furthers the divide. Killer Mike said it better than I ever could. Need more people like him leading the way.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X