Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Where are you picking up a feed?
    Local Kare11 feed and cnn

Comment

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      The other 3? What do you charge them?
      Not a charge but I assume that in the cop rules it says "if your partner has gone crazy and is murdering somebody you have a duty to step in." That might be enough to fire them and for Floyd's family to bring civil charges.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Senate maj leader gazelka says he’s called White House to step in since walz is letting the city burn

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Local Kare11 feed and cnn
          Interesting.

I can't watch CNN it's such an embarrassment, but I've got the KARE11 feed now. It's some political dou-chebag trying to score points (no idea which party but he sounds like a tool), but the muted footage is good.
          Last edited by Kepler; 05-29-2020, 11:49 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah, we're effed now. Republicans are going to come out of this smelling like roses.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Yeah, we're effed now. Republicans are going to come out of this smelling like roses.
              Yup. This is bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Interesointg.

I can't watch CNN it's such an embarrassment, but I've got the KARE11 feed now. It's some political dou-chebag, but the muted footage is good.
                It’s state republican senate majority

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Not a charge but I assume that in the cop rules it says "if your partner has gone crazy and is murdering somebody you have a duty to step in." That might be enough to fire them and for Floyd's family to bring civil charges.
                  There are any number of things they can be charged with, you don't have to be the one reigning blows or firing the weapon to be charged. Clearly they were fired for official misconduct. Of course if they don't get charged with anything, they'll get their jobs back. (pick out a good place to feed me Handy! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Senate maj leader gazelka says he’s called White House to step in since walz is letting the city burn
                    What a loser...

CCO basically said this was the plan. They were going to deploy to the Fifth zone that apparently where it was known this would end up. There is a LOT of cops there.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So basically, from what I'm reading, the cops and the Guard are useless for anything other than blocking streets or protecting key buildings. I assume they think that any attempt to arrest curfew violators will inflame the crowds, and if they just let this go it makes the mayor look worse and he'll take all the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        And if there were three different cops there, the situation might have been changed. Why can't you comprehend this?
                        Comprehend what - that this rarely if ever happens? When are we going to see widespread instances of cops stepping in to stop abuses by their partners rather than it being condemned after the fact? Stop deflecting and defending these guys like Pavlov's dog hearing a bell. "What, someone disparaged a cop? I'm Brent and off to their rescue".

****** that Brent - these guys need to start doing the right thing when it matters. Before it's too late. Yet here we are because no one had the presence of mind out of 4 cops - 100% of those on scene - to do the right thing. But you want me to comprehend that it might have been different if it was 4 other cops because all we have are examples of that happening over and over. Right?

Comment

Working...
                        X