X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I have a few.,
    I would hazard a guess that we are thinking of the same ones...

State Senator Jeff Hayden was just on with Brooke Baldwin and called for Kroll to go.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      In all honesty, this should be a fireable offense for a police officer.
      A former colleague represented Head Start workers. One took a broom handle and nudged a camera away from facing her room. She claimed she was whacking at a big spider and had no idea she nudged the camera into a position where it could not view the classroom. The employer did not believe her and she was fired. If it is good enough cause to fire a Head Start worker it is most certainly good cause to fire a cop.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        It is hard, and that is proven by the ridiculously low percentage of convicting cops for violent acts versus civilians. The deck is literally stacked against a prosecutor. First of all, different standards apply. 2nd, jury instructions from judges cloud the issues further, even in states where the instructions are supposed to be uniform. In 2018 2/3rds of people charged with felonies were convicted of something. Between 2005 and last year 98 nonfederal law enforcement officers have been arrested in connection with fatal, on-duty shootings, and 35 were convicted, so about 1/3rd. That would tell me it appears a lot harder.
        I’m pretty sure in Maine the state has never found a fatal police involved shooting unjustified, let alone try to prosecute one. There should be some independent agency involved in the prosecution.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Kroll going would be fantastic, but sticky because the cops keep electing him.

The family isn't going to make this easy, not that it's their job to. They said they wanted 1st degree. They're angry and grieving, so I don't expect them to be thinking clearly on this. No way he gets convicted of 1st. None. It doesn't matter they may have worked together. Unless you find a journal or recording of his saying "I'm going to kill George Floyd." you're toast and he walks. I waffle between 2nd and 3rd. But if there really is any evidence of non-guilt like Freeman noted yesterday, intent is going to be hard to prove.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Lake Street with a bit of a different vibe today.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Kroll going would be fantastic, but sticky because the cops keep electing him.

The family isn't going to make this easy, not that it's their job to. They said they wanted 1st degree. They're angry and grieving, so I don't expect them to be thinking clearly on this. No way he gets convicted of 1st. None. It doesn't matter they may have worked together. Unless you find a journal or recording of his saying "I'm going to kill George Floyd." you're toast and he walks. I waffle between 2nd and 3rd. But if there really is any evidence of non-guilt like Freeman noted yesterday, intent is going to be hard to prove.
              Reading the MN statutes, 1st degree murder probably does not apply. I think 2nd degree murder was where the charge should have fallen, and 3rd degree is almost evident simply by watching the video and no other evidence considered. God help the people of the Twin Cities area if they can't convict on these charges. The crap didn't hit the fan in Los Angeles until the cops were acquitted.

Comment

Soooo, CPB has a predator drone over MPLS. What?

Comment

Minneapolis public school system terminates contact with MPD.

Comment

Soooo, CPB has a predator drone over MPLS. What?
                    CPB or CBP?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Minneapolis public school system terminates contact with MPD.
                      I heard the University of Minnesota has already done that as well.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        CPB or CBP?
                        Sorry, CBP. Just realized that my phone autocorrects that. I've had too many chocolate peanut butter porters, I guess.

Oh, and handy called it.

Comment

So the Iowa Supreme Court just ruled 5-2 that a district judge who broke from a plea agreement and gave a harsher sentence based on the defendant's "bad family stock" was wrong to use that phrase but wasn't being racist and let the sentence stand.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

The 2 dissenters were the one liberal left on the court and the one minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I mean...wow!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              You do understand that there is no room for any error or doubt when prosecuting a cop right?
                              Juries and Judges have inherent bias in favor of the cops in 99% of these cases....so the evidence has to be airtight and letter perfect for there even to be a chance of winning.
                              That doesn't happen often.
                              Other than reading whatever source you read on the subject, do you have experience prosecuting cops?

Comment

Sorry, CBP. Just realized that my phone autocorrects that. I've had too many chocolate peanut butter porters, I guess.

Oh, and handy called it.

I dont for a second thing this was up to Frey...and I dont know that I think it will help either. Had to be done though.

Now would be the time for the Blue Wall in Minneapolis to come out publicly. Cops in Midway were telling looters they want him charged...well make a statement to the public standing behind the rights of the citizens you protect. Show everyone that racist *******s like Kroll and the clowns who run CrimeWatchMPLS dont represent you. This guy wasnt a cop, he was a criminal who hadnt been caught yet.

Speaking of CrimeWatch...they didnt report me! By the time I went to bbed though there were others mocking him for being wrong about everything. At one point he said a building was on fire and a guy from that building tweet at him saying it didnt happen and maybe he meant a different address. Made me laugh
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X