This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Look around...most of the people there live just fine. I see almost as many black people as I do at a Wild Game
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

5th precinct now being abandoned??

Comment

I wonder if a tobacco store on fire smells really good or really bad.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          "Y'all wanna live comfortably? F-ck you."

And that's the point, in one sentence. If you ignore the brutalization of people long enough, they will come after you. And yes, that's scary and unjust, and you've now felt for an instant what they've felt their whole lives.

With that feeling comes either the empathy or the fear required to get people off their as-ses and finally change things.

And that is why violence, horribly, works.
          So, let's burn a store down and steal tvs and liquor for...justice? Or something? Right? I understand the police station. I don't agree with it, but at least I get it.

Edit: Kep: as a smoker, and enjoy the occasional cigar, that's a good question. Now I'll be thinking about that for the next day or two.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I am holding my tongue on some of the host's commentary, but it is interesting to hear the participant's varied points of views.

And Hudson/Twin Cities doesn't have 100 miles of flat desert in between. Now, the eastern/western borders of North Dakota, however....
            I don't even agree with all of the host's commentary, and you know me. I like that he's just letting people talk, and anybody who comes up. This is the closest we have to real journalism.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I want to go to bed but don’t think I can

Comment

I don't even agree with all of the host's commentary, and you know me. I like that he's just letting people talk, and anybody who comes up. This is the closest we have to real journalism.
                The footage is raw. That's what I like. Major news can pick and choose, edit, etc. This is just some guy filming stuff.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  So, let's burn a store down and steal tvs and liquor for...justice? Or something? Right? I understand the police station. I don't agree with it, but at least I get it.

Edit: Kep: as a smoker, and enjoy the occasional cigar, that's a good question. Now I'll be thinking about that for the next day or two.
                  The looting is looting: put stuff the Poors can't get next to the Poors and taunt them and the Poors will try to get it. You know how our whole economy is really just a mutual agreement of value and trust? Well, these Poors don't share that agreement - they think it's bullsh-t.

It's only a social contract if you sign it. Otherwise it's just a prison maintained by force.

And that screaming teenage girl has more eloquence than Rousseau or Locke ever did, and more truth.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2020, 11:50 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Again, you're not understanding. Either we make society better or we drive people to do this.

It's not morality, it's hydrodynamics.
                    And you don’t seem to understand what it’s like having stores looted and communities coming apart at the seams a mile from your house, less than a mile from where your wife has to work and drive home through.

You never answered MNS earlier how you’d feel if your daughter’s neighborhood was next. It’s all an academic game for you until it’s knocking at your door.

We get it, we’ve all failed to address the inequalities. But what you don’t seem to get through that thick academic skull is that a lot of us are trying to make things better. We might have time to protest this weekend for police oppression of minorities. Maybe we can pencil it in after the LGBTQ March next weekend or the protest to protect the environment next Tuesday or maybe between the boycotts of companies stomping down the unions. My god, our entire schedule is full. I should probably pencil in some time for food and sleep. Maybe that Soros check will come through because I’ll have to quit my job with this kind of schedule.

We donate time and money, we support causes through social media, we make sure to vote in politicians who can make a difference. We’re doing everything we can while still trying to make it through life ourselves.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Yeah, as bbdl pointed out they can't go much north of there before they run into some people who are less than sympathetic to their cause and armed.
                      Coon Rapids is probably about it.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        5th precinct now being abandoned??
                        That is where Liebo lives...

1st is rumored as well.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The looting is looting: put stuff the Poors can't get next to the Poors and taunt them and the Poors will try to get it. You know how our whole economy is really just a mutual agreement of value and trust? Well, these Poors don't share that agreement - they think it's bullsh-t.

It's only a social contract if you sign it. Otherwise it's just a prison maintained by force.

And that screaming teenage girl has more eloquence than Rousseau or Locke ever did, and more truth.
                          The one that said that people "allowed" them to do that? No. You have a choice. You could have protested peacefully. Instead, they burned down where they live. THEIR choice.

A BIG common thread of thought I've been seeing is don't just the protesters by the actions of a few. I wish I could say that the rioters had the same thought of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            I want to go to bed but don’t think I can

I don't see this going well...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              And you don’t seem to understand what it’s like having stores looted and communities coming apart at the seams a mile from your house, less than a mile from where your wife has to work and drive home through.

You never answered MNS earlier how you’d feel if your daughter’s neighborhood was next.
                              Not deliberately, I didn't see it.

First of all, the instant this stuff started I'd have told my daughter to leave. This is not a place anybody needs to be right now. What would you tell somebody if a forest fire was bearing down on their house? Stay on principle?

And if she couldn't leave I'd be on a flight to go physically remove her; she can complain to me about her agency later.

But none of that has anything to do with the situation, it has to do with the personal, and that's not truth or goodness, it's way more important. You keep confusing what you want with what is right and seem to need to claim what you want is what is right. Well, it isn't -- what you want is what you want and that's enough. So if you want to go shoot rioters to protect your family then you go do that. Be comfortable with what you want; just don't confuse that with ethics or good.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I wonder if Jacob Frey will have a short tenure after this

Comment

Working...
                                X