X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    God your romantic elevation of this is kinda gross. Why don’t you set your own neighborhood on fire in solidarity?
    Don't misrepresent me. You are clutching your white hat / black hat thing, desperately trying to find the pigeonhole. That's not what I am doing and it's not what this is about.

It is important to realize that burning a cop station isn't justice and the cop station wasn't justice, at the same time. This is real human beings reacting to their situation, not mediated through those simplistic narratives, which are applied afterwards to soothe the winner. This is neither bad nor good, but it is real. And what, in your comfortable middle class life, have you ever experienced that was real?

It's not good or bad. You have to wrap your head around that or you will just be watching a puppet show.

This is how things happen. It's not the scripted television we've been told was history ever since kindergarten. It's not operating on the critical axis, it's life.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2020, 10:30 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Should probably just hit the reset button on MPD...fire everyone.
      That’s actually SPPD. But yes, purge MPD

Comment

Can't help but think they've offered up the building as a sacrifice.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Watching this, you can see it coming...

Holy **** that’s bad. How is that not assault?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nothing about any of this is good. Nothing. Maybe 5 years from now we can say that but everyone involved in all of this is some level of wrong.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              100%, I don’t think they had a choice

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                That is what the guy on CNN is basically saying. They gave up the building to prevent things getting worse. That is why fireworks are being shot off with no retalliation.

South Minneapolis is D-E-D.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Nothing about any of this is good. Nothing. Maybe 5 years from now we can say that but everyone involved in all of this is some level of wrong.
                  I'll give a pass to the officers that did nothing but hold the line during the protest, and the peaceful protesters who PLEADED with others to keep it peaceful.

Obviously, efforts made in vain.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

100%, I don’t think they had a choice
                    That's very smart and I want to meet the person who suggested it. If they burn the police station (as they are trying to do, not very competently) they will have ritually extracted their vengeance and that should dissipate most of the energy.

I'm not sure the cops are that smart, but even if they luck into it, good. The protesters will get closure right about the moment that the only way to further escalate (by either side) would be taking lives. The resistance has a story to tell and a landmark; the authorities can gradually restore order over the next few days.

The way you end a riot is to make it not exciting for the hangers on anymore. Once they go home the people who are left will either be peaceful and dedicated or crazy and just looking for mayhem. The former will police themselves, the latter will be easy to sweep up (and TBH the community won't mind).
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2020, 10:37 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So does this mean national guard rolls into precinct? The cops are gone

Comment

Hwy 5 Eastbound is closed off by the airport...probably precautionary.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So does this mean national guard rolls into precinct? The cops are gone
                          I thought they were already there. However, I'm now wondering if a bigger entity is getting geared up to be called in, assuming this continues into the weekend....
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I thought they were already there. However, I'm now wondering if a bigger entity is getting geared up to be called in, assuming this continues into the weekend....
                            Target says they’re closed until further notice. I assume this crap goes on through weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              100% agree
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Target says they’re closed until further notice. I assume this crap goes on through weekend
                                I have the same assumption, but I'm also an optimist, who happens to be a realist. It really sucks to have those certain traits.

Comment

Working...
                                X