X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Racism: America's pre-existing condition.
    Our Original Sin. In his initial draft of the Declaration of Independence, Jefferson included language that described the slave trade as the perverse plot of an evil English monarch designed to contaminate innocent colonists. Joseph Ellis, Founding Brothers.

Slavery would seem to be completely inimical to the core values of the Declaration, but the support for it and the divisions arising out of it went so deep that the (arguably) most skilled drafters and statesmen in our country's history decided that addressing the issue head-on in 1787 might cause the whole thing to fall apart. So they turned tail and ran and gave us Article I, Section 9, paragraph 1: "The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight." Those guys were not cowards, but they knew how deep that pre-existing condition had penetrated our soul.

Back when America was Great.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      The night is young. Wait for it.
      I know, I know. This is Riots: May The Fourth Be With You.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        One of the cities Kepler would like to see set on fire I'm sure.
        To be fair, every Minnesotan who doesn't live in Edina wants to burn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          We’re ready. One of the MN Wild players was arranging his goalie nets in the gaps in his front gate a few mins ago lol

Comment

The MPLS stuff is mainly peaceful. Looks to be a car or two set on fire, but that's about it. If that changes, I think the Guard moves in quickly.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Burn it all down, leave a cake in the middle of the busiest intersection.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Every
                Day
                I
                Need
                Attention

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The MPLS stuff is mainly peaceful. Looks to be a car or two set on fire, but that's about it. If that changes, I think the Guard moves in quickly.
                  Could be. Or (puts on tinfoil hat): This is what happens when there are no police around. (takes off tinfoil hat)

I think they'll move in with full force only when they have to. No half-measures tonight.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Burn it all down, leave a cake in the middle of the busiest intersection.
                    It isn't the busiest, but the best one would be 50th & France.

Comment

It isn't the busiest, but the best one would be 50th & France.
                      Probably. 44th/France not a bad one, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I think Rube is talking about Atlanta. CNN keeps harping on We Should Listen To These People Because Some Of Them Are White.
                        White people in an Atlanta protest mob would be a BFD. No such thing as a Trustafarian poser in the low rent areas of that city. You're either a white professional with the money to live in the northern suburban compounds far away from downtown, or you're black/Latinx and don't have money.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Every
                          Day
                          I
                          Need
                          Attention

Oh they'll get attention...
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Large group on 31st and Nicollet in MPLS. Peaceful. Guy with the bullhorn is quite a hype man. He's real good at this.

Comment

Large group on 31st and Nicollet in MPLS. Peaceful. Guy with the bullhorn is quite a hype man. He's real good at this.
                              The downtown folks have been very peaceful the last two nights. The ones that are NOT there...that is what you are usually seeing on tv.

Comment

North Minneapolis having issues. Sounds like Olympic Cafe was lit on fire...

My buddy lives on the North Side so he is freaking out a bit.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X