X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    I'd expect to lose that in court. Texting while at a stop light is clearly a violation of the law in Maine. I would assume you guys have similar laws.
    It was an older law (not the new one which is much stricter) and the hearing officer told me if a city cop had nailed me for it he would have told me to challenge. That was a weird situation as I was not texting (my email popped so I opened it) and the law was new and the trooper told me she "needed" to use me as an example even though it made no sense. The old law was not well liked and not enforced much at all which is why the new one was needed.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Lol. Again, saying rioting is dumb makes me a troll. **** off.
      No you are a troll because most things you say are dumb and are meant to rile people up. Whats sad is you arent even good at it.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        My only experience with staties was in MA. They were great. But... I'm also white.
        I've had very few interactions with staties in Maine, but all were pleasant. I've had a couple bad interactions with small town cops who were *******s, but also some nice locals that gave me warnings when they could have given me tickets. Being white certainly has its advantages (in every single aspect of life in this country).

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          You deserved the ticket for texting at all.
          I wasnt texting
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't think a lot of this is Frey's fault, but if he has to go down for Walz to get this crap sorted, I'm all for it.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              I'd expect to lose that in court. Texting while at a stop light is clearly a violation of the law in Maine. I would assume you guys have similar laws.
              In CT circa 2005 you could not even be in the vehicle. A friend's dad was in his parked car in a parking space with the engine off. The ticket was upheld.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

From Gandhi Mahal restaurant in Mpls:

Hello everyone!
                Thank you to everyone for checking in. Sadly Gandhi Mahal has caught fire and has been damaged. We won’t loose hope though, I am so greatful for our neighbors who did their best to stand guard and protect Gandhi Mahal, Youre efforts won’t go unrecognized. Don’t worry about us, we will rebuild and we will recover. This is Hafsa, Ruhel’s daughter writing, as I am sitting next to my dad watching the news, I hear him say on the phone; “ let my building burn, Justice needs to be served, put those officers in jail”. Gandhi Mahal May have felt the flames last night, but our firey drive to help protect and stand with our community will never die! Peace be with everyone. #JusticeforGeorgeFloyd #BLM

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  No thanks and stop propositioning me. I'm not interested.

The system gets changed by who runs it. Who runs it is determined by who shows up and votes. You're apparently waiting for some white people mind meld to occur that'll make everyone rethink the nature of policing. That's swell Handy, but can you tell us what should happen in the meantime before the Rapture happens? Pie in the sky BS with no practical application in the real world.

Let me give you a real world example. Over here in Boston, a city that's no stranger to race problems, a funny thing happened some 25 years ago. City leaders decided in the wake of the Matthew Stewart murder/suicide that police and community relations needed a change. The solution wasn't to ask the population to all rethink the entire concept of law enforcement. The solution was to diversify a police force that was 99.999% white even though the overall population itself was more like 50/50. So when cops started walking the beat again in the inner city not every one was an old white Irish guy from South Boston. That built up a lot more trust between cops and residents and the crime rate is (for a variety of reasons) one of the lowest for a major city. Do black cops beat up black suspects occasionally? I'm sure they do but I can't recall an instance of a black cop executing an unarmed or handcuffed black suspect. The more the police force looks like the population its supposed to be protecting the better off everybody is going to be. Its not as simple as electing a black mayor for example and calling it a day. The leadership needs to actively pursue changes or they need to be voted out (and I'll note in Boston's case it was two white guys who brought about that change).
                  And again you actually arent reading or putting into context anything anyone is saying. You read a sentence, find a few words you can jump off on and then write a 12 paragraph diatribe that really doesnt prove the point you think it does. I am sure it sounds great in your head though.

I am sure it is just a coincidence that EVERYONE thinks you are wrong though. Must be rough to be the lone voice in the wilderness.

Dont worry everyone...the world will change as long as we vote! Remember the halcyon days under Obama when there was zero racial tension and Blacks were living high on the hog? Simpler times...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        From Gandhi Mahal restaurant in Mpls:

Hello everyone!
                        Thank you to everyone for checking in. Sadly Gandhi Mahal has caught fire and has been damaged. We won’t loose hope though, I am so greatful for our neighbors who did their best to stand guard and protect Gandhi Mahal, Youre efforts won’t go unrecognized. Don’t worry about us, we will rebuild and we will recover. This is Hafsa, Ruhel’s daughter writing, as I am sitting next to my dad watching the news, I hear him say on the phone; “ let my building burn, Justice needs to be served, put those officers in jail”. Gandhi Mahal May have felt the flames last night, but our firey drive to help protect and stand with our community will never die! Peace be with everyone. #JusticeforGeorgeFloyd #BLM
                        JD needs to talk some sense into them.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You think it's bad now, just wait until the acquittal.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            I don't think a lot of this is Frey's fault, but if he has to go down for Walz to get this crap sorted, I'm all for it.
                            Frey is in way over his head. He just doesnt have the experience to deal with something like this. He is a great "Peacetime" Mayor...dealing with Bike Lanes and such but he doesnt have the ability to deal with something like this. It isnt the State's job to take over the city unless things get way out of hand. (as Walz said) The 3rd should not have been evacuated until they had a plan in place of what was going on.

I think the only thing that will save Frey is if he basically mea culpa's and breaks down where it went wrong and how he should have fixed it. He needs to fall on the sword.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              You think it's bad now, just wait until the acquittal.
                              Or when the charges are light...or worse just dropped. That is what I was trying to convey yesterday when people were screaming about the arrest. The only thing worse than not arresting him is the reaction when he is let free. That will make last night look like a bonfire at lake Bde Maka Ska.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There were teenagers on the Minneapolis streets last night wrestling with the question of violence with more nuance. It's complicated and it relates back to their life experience, not ours.

The most galling thing to some posters here is these black and young protesters aren't asking for their approval.

We are not the arbitrator of these people's decisions. It's their decisions, their path, their consequences. All we can do is watch -- our opinion has not been solicited.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X