X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Exactly. And why that is difficult to grasp is beyond me.
    The sad fact is it's difficult to grasp because we are a deeply racist society and black men are seen as inherently dangerous.

That's how racism works. It's exactly the same as the English viewed the Irish in the early 19th century, and how whites viewed Native Americans until the late 19th century Final Solution of reservations. SSDD.

White Americans are racist AF. Until that changes there will always be a double standard for white and black behavior.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-29-2020, 10:57 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      what is so sad, IMHO, here is a murder, a horrible injustice, an awful death and some people's reaction is let's go grab a pair of new shoes or a cellphone and burn a few buildings down. once again, IMHO, think of the impact of miles and miles of peaceful protesters, perhaps shutting down some freeways would have. think Selma.
      They have done that...it doesnt help. And they are still called thugs and vilified by many of the same people around here.

The stolen shoes is not what is sad.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A very simplistic notion but one that needs pushed is that elections are a beginning and not an end.

I always push union members around the notion that ratifying a new collective bargaining agreement is a beginning, not an end. We are beginning the fight towards the next contract and what we can improve.

Same with elections. We can elect Joe Biden, take over the U.S. Senate and strengthen our hold on the house, and turn a couple more statehouses blue. But all of that is the first step. We need to take the next step and hold all those people accountable. If they don't at least try to do what they promised in exchange for our vote, thrown them out and replace them with someone who will. We see these victory parties when a candidate wins, but those are always premature. The victory party we hold for Joe Biden if he manages to have all his votes counted properly should come in 2024 when we either re-elect him, or we elect his vice-president as our first female president.

In a world of instant gratification this notion is almost entirely lost. That is our difficulty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          They have done that...it doesnt help. And they are still called thugs and vilified by many of the same people around here.

The stolen shoes is not what is sad.
          I’m sure if these disenfranchised blacks just strapped on their ARs to go scream in cops faces, the message would be received.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Kindly point out to me where rioting has ever helped improve the lives of the rioters? Really curious if you can cite any examples.

After you do, I'll point out all the times rioting has had a detrimental effect on the lives of the rioters afterwards.
            see... just let whitey here tell you how good it is for the people he is keeping watch over
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Black Lives Matter began in 2013 after the Treyvon Martin verdict. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

African American voter turnout 2016 vs 2012.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-cast-ballots/

Do the math.
              Yep and when they come out and vote Dump out this cycle and nothing happens the same cycle will happen all over again. It's time for White Men to step up.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Minneapolis does. This didnt happen because of the Mayor of Minneapolis or the Governor of Minnesota (both Progressive Democrats) this is because the cops are a protected class of people in this country (oh their job is just so scary and hard...go **** yourself) who are able to rule with impunity. Voting in other pols isnt going to change that. Cops all over the country, no matter who has power, never face the consequences of their actions. People like to blame after the fact (like the ones blaming this on Klobuchar which is a friggin joke) but in the moment no one is willing to do anything about it.

You might think your simplicity is wisdom...it isnt. If Joe Biden is elected tomorrow, and the Left takes both Houses of Congress it wont ****ing change a thing. People will just feel better because of the platitudes pushed out about equality. Voting isnt what is going to fix this...the people themselves need to change their entire belief structure about what and who cops are and need to be willing to make sacrifices to make sure they are held to a higher standard.
                Handy this is all high brow think tank BS that will do nothing for the very people who are being oppressed. "People themselves need to change their entire belief structure....". Great, we'll get right on that Handy. Voting, which has a more immediate and tangible effect, achieves the following:

1) You can elect progressive DA's which has been done around the country to crack down on police abuses. 2) You can also mayors who will professionalize and diversify the police force so it isn't all white cops patrolling the non-white neighborhoods (the issue in Fergerson, MO for example).

The key is to go after ALL races up and down the ballot, not just elect Joe Biden although that will certainly help. When people start this "oh, my vote won't change anything" crap, which you're doing right now, the people who DO vote get to make the rules. And who's that again? Older white conservatives who will put a bunch of Trump acolytes in office.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I think instead of rioting where the event happened they should start tearing up nice white neighborhoods. I would try not to hurt people more cause havoc on the high streets in those towns.
                  In all honesty, this is the best solution of all. March to one white suburb and burn it to the ground. Burn mine to make dx happy. Do you know how many policymakers live here?

Pick one city at random and one day per month at random. SoHo. Georgetown. Clarksville, MD. Alexandria, VA. Wellesley, MA. Naperville, IL. Overland Park, KS. Grosse Pointe, MI. Beverley Hills, CA.

One per month, until institutional and economic racism in America ends.

Reparations starts looking pretty reasonable when the Hollister where Tyler and Madison work burns.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-29-2020, 11:14 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    see... just let whitey here tell you how good it is for the people he is keeping watch over
                    You don't have to elect whitey you know?
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Colin Kapernick would have been better served launching a GOTV drive. Again, I'm really not sure what part of this people aren't understanding. If you don't vote, and convince like minded people to vote with you, you will not achieve power. Torching buildings won't get it done. In fact, it'll have the opposite effect which is to put more right wing loons into office. If Republicans were running the show in Minny right now, not only would those 4 cops still have their jobs, they all would have gotten promotions.

Fukin' Vote.
                      Kaepernick would have been better served using his money.

You are not going to get change by marching with posters, not real change.
                      You are not going to get change by looting Dollar Stores, or burning them down.

You get change in only one way. Power.

You get power in only one way. Money. You can claim you get it by voting, but it's money.

Does your average African American have enough money to obtain any real power. No chance. But honestly, the average white guy doesn't either.

There is a lot of money in the black community. Not the same as held by the white community, but there is real money there. A lot of it may be centered in the entertainment/sports communities, but there is a lot of money in those communities. Every NBA team pays out in excess of $100 million annually in salaries, and the last time I looked, not a lot of white boys in the NBA.

Michael Jordan's net worth is estimated at more than $2 billion. You think you can effect any political change with $2 billion?

Old white guys with a billion dollars are interested in only two things. First, how do I double it. Second, who can I bribe to enact laws that favor me so that I can double it.

Taking a knee is cute. Sending out tweets is cute. Put your money where your twitter account is if you want change. Or, just burn down another Wendys.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        There's no such thing as a peaceful protest for minority rights in the eyes of triggered little Republican snowflakes. Shutting down the freeways? Infringes on my God-given right to go anywhere I please at any time. Kneeling or fist-raising during the anthem? Implies disrespect to t3h trooooooopz and/or violent overthrow of white rule.
                        A well known (and liked) poster on this very board said during a protest at the U of M (that dared spill over a bit in the street...THE HORROR!!!) that he would drive over those people in his truck if they got in his way. He was not kidding.

People biotched and whined when people protested by laying down peacefully. Fat ****ing lazy *******s (of all parties) just couldnt stand being bothered by having TO LIFT THEIR FOOT A FEW INCHES HIGHER TO GET WHERE THEY ARE GOING!

And lest we forget, the Selma Walk wasnt peaceful for the people being attacked while walking.

The best part about the people who call for "peaceful protests" is they can and do change what constitutes peaceful based on absolutely nothing. It was "Both Sides-ing" before it was cool.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 05-29-2020, 11:10 AM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I’m sure if these disenfranchised blacks just strapped on their ARs to go scream in cops faces, the message would be received.
                          Well that would certainly solve the problem...though in a very (no pun intended) dark way.

If the Black People just stopped being Black none of this would be necessary!!
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Kaepernick would have been better served using his money.

You are not going to get change by marching with posters, not real change.
                            You are not going to get change by looting Dollar Stores, or burning them down.

You get change in only one way. Power.

You get power in only one way. Money. You can claim you get it by voting, but it's money.

Does your average African American have enough money to obtain any real power. No chance. But honestly, the average white guy doesn't either.

There is a lot of money in the black community. Not the same as held by the white community, but there is real money there. A lot of it may be centered in the entertainment/sports communities, but there is a lot of money in those communities. Every NBA team pays out in excess of $100 million annually in salaries, and the last time I looked, not a lot of white boys in the NBA.

Michael Jordan's net worth is estimated at more than $2 billion. You think you can effect any political change with $2 billion?

Old white guys with a billion dollars are interested in only two things. First, how do I double it. Second, who can I bribe to enact laws that favor me so that I can double it.

Taking a knee is cute. Sending out tweets is cute. Put your money where your twitter account is if you want change. Or, just burn down another Wendys.
                            I can't disagree. Progressives have failed at getting their money to work for them.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Handy this is all high brow think tank BS that will do nothing for the very people who are being oppressed. "People themselves need to change their entire belief structure....". Great, we'll get right on that Handy. Voting, which has a more immediate and tangible effect, achieves the following:

1) You can elect progressive DA's which has been done around the country to crack down on police abuses. 2) You can also mayors who will professionalize and diversify the police force so it isn't all white cops patrolling the non-white neighborhoods (the issue in Fergerson, MO for example).

The key is to go after ALL races up and down the ballot, not just elect Joe Biden although that will certainly help. When people start this "oh, my vote won't change anything" crap, which you're doing right now, the people who DO vote get to make the rules. And who's that again? Older white conservatives who will put a bunch of Trump acolytes in office.
                              Here is an idea...go **** yourself.

But here...let me see if I understand you correctly. The system isnt the problem...it is just that people keep voting for all the wrong candidates...in every election...no matter who is running?

You are speaking in generalities that are completely proven wrong by facts. I mean normally that is your most endearing trait but right now it just makes you look like a White Privileged ******* even worse than usual. The fact that you think my saying "The System is Screwed" is high brow says volumes about you. Stick to defending banks you are better at that.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey the Bots are saying the CNN deal was staged.

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X