This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yes but if you are making the people who support you (and endeavor to not make you uncomfortable) uncomfortable and unsafe you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It is like when BLM protests at a Bernie Sanders rally...I understand their motive and support their right to do it but they are doing way more harm to their cause than good.
    Except most of them don’t see people like you as supporters, just folks mostly paying lip service to make themselves feel better.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Ok, let them riot in your neighborhood next...
      Would be an improvement for mine.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Privileged white lib: "Yeah man, eat the rich!"

*poor minorities descend on his inner city loft*

Privileged white lib: "No, I didn't mean it like that!"
        Those PWL are definitely out in full force now...Whitesplaining the issues as best they can. They are the worst.

And FWIW I am not trying to say that businesses in those areas or their owners are more important than the injustice that has been around forever. I am saying you get your message across better if you attack those who are the problem. (I dont mean physically cause doing so to a cop will get you killed) I want the protests to have the desired effect, which usually means keeping collateral damage to a minimum. Right now this ****show looks like every Apocalyptic Nightmare Trumpers spread.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Those PWL are definitely out in full force now...Whitesplaining the issues as best they can. They are the worst.

And FWIW I am not trying to say that businesses in those areas or their owners are more important than the injustice that has been around forever. I am saying you get your message across better if you attack those who are the problem. (I dont mean physically cause doing so to a cop will get you killed) I want the protests to have the desired effect, which usually means keeping collateral damage to a minimum. Right now this ****show looks like every Apocalyptic Nightmare Trumpers spread.
          Even the rich in Minneapolis are liberal- they elect super liberal city council and pass super progressive laws. Tearing mpls apart isn’t really reaching the people they might think

Comment

Reviewing the Unicorn Riot footage from 2 am.

Minority-owned businesses: windows untouched.

Corporate chains: in flames.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Ok, let them riot in your neighborhood next...
              "Them"?

Part of a riot is it's the response of the populace at large against the powers that subjugate them.

Unless you're one of the folks who likes the way things are, this "them" is us, or at least on behalf of us.

We all own the riot.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2020, 03:21 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Except most of them don’t see people like you as supporters, just folks mostly paying lip service to make themselves feel better.
                I am not talking about me or even people like me. Put it this way...do you think the Ethiopian Restaurant on University Avenue is part of the group paying lip service to make themselves feel better?

You can make that argument for Uptown...but the 2800 block of Lake and the Midway area are not filled with White Privilege. There is some (Powderhorn is trying to Gentrify) but again if that is their goal they are in the wrong neighborhoods.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I’ll be the a— hole here: The whole point is to make you feel uncomfortable and unsafe, because that’s how they feel every day. Real change doesn’t happen until folks like you feel uncomfortable.
                  It is one thing to acknowledge the fact or truth of racial or other social injustice, but maybe we don't tend to really understand it until we've suffered significant harm as an innocent victim ourselves. Maybe some things just need to be learned experientially, especially if it requires us to rethink who we are.

Comment

The point of a riot is to bring the pain that the oppressed live with 24/7 into our comfortable lives because when it was only an intellectual construct we did nothing.

Being black in America is awful, so for a microsecond some people have decided to make being white in a few square blocks of America awful. I surely wouldn't be doing poverty-tourism there right now. Why on earth would these rioters not turn on me, too? Cops color-code their enemies unfairly; why wouldn't teenage Poors do the same?

At least the Poors aren't doing it with state sanction.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2020, 03:28 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      "Them"?

Part of a riot is it's the response of the populace at large against the powers that subjugate them.

Unless you're one of the folks who likes the way things are, this "them" is us, or at least on behalf of us.

We all own the riot.
                      You aren't anywhere near the "us" you're describing.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

"Them"?

We all own the riot.
                        How did Wendy's subjugate them?
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am not talking about me or even people like me. Put it this way...do you think the Ethiopian Restaurant on University Avenue is part of the group paying lip service to make themselves feel better?

You can make that argument for Uptown...but the 2800 block of Lake and the Midway area are not filled with White Privilege. There is some (Powderhorn is trying to Gentrify) but again if that is their goal they are in the wrong neighborhoods.
                          In that sense I can understand, I was speaking more about folks like you or dx.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            You aren't anywhere near the "us" you're describing.
                            This we can agree on!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

How did Wendy's subjugate them?
                              Low wages would be a good start.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The point of a riot is to bring the pain that the oppressed live with 24/7 into our comfortable lives because when it was only an intellectual construct we did nothing.
                                And how is that happening here? It literally isnt.

The people they are trying to bring the pain to live nowhere near any of those places. All they are doing is making life more painful for the people who live there with them.

This isnt Rage Against the Machine...this isnt Public Enemy...this a poser cover band. If you want to fight the power go for it...but do it where the power resides.

Part of the problem is though that Minneapolis acted correctly (and much faster than expected) so now instead of lashing out TPTB they have no singular force to go after.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X